Pattaya: Keep the beer bars open! We are open air and less risky, says desperate bar rep

webfact

1 minute ago, dallen52 said:

You would think that people in Thailand cannot survive without a drink...

maybe they will not be able to survive with a drink - alcohol wrecks the immune system

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20983-too-much-booze-blunts-your-immune-system/

Too much alcohol dulls more than your wits. It also weakens your immune system and could make you much more vulnerable to viruses, including HIV.

• Thanks 1

One word for the "representative" and the venues NO   NO    NO< any part of NO you do not understand?

Social distancing 1.5 mtrs, droplets, surfaces,  transmission risks too great and with general poor hand hygiene entrenched in Thai culture, the places are an open petrie dish

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

maybe they will not be able to survive with a drink - alcohol wrecks the immune system

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20983-too-much-booze-blunts-your-immune-system/

Being a non drinker i don't have any problems. 

I had more problems with the drink and medication for an injury. 

So just started to say "no thanks".

Bottle water is fine for me..

nice effort!  Next you'll be telling me that the earth is flat and that the roll-out of 5G is causing the coronavivus.

Suffice to say that

Vegetarian and vegan diets are healthful, may prevent and treat chronic diseases, and are better for the environment, according to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the world's largest organization of nutrition professionals.

Foods that are typically high in omega-6 fatty acids include processed foods, tofu, nuts, seeds, and meat.  Algae or micro algae vegetarian, and vegan sources can help people increase their omega-3 intake, after all fish cant produce omega 3 and must get it from the algae too.  Skip the middle man (fish)  and go direct to the plant source.

Animals get their B12 by eating the grass and soil containing the bacteria. The bacteria produce the B12. Even so the animals are actually supplemented with B12 shots also.  Our modern hygienic way of living means we are unlikely to get enough B12, because our fruits and vegetables are washed so most would benefit from supplements.  This is not a dietary deficiency.

According to a recent report on the largest study of vegetarians and vegans to date, those eating plant-based diets appear to have a significantly longer life expectancy. Vegetarians live on average almost eight years longer than the general population, which is similar to the gap between smokers and nonsmokers.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/vegetarians-live-longer-longevity_n_1961967?utm_hp_ref=healthy-living

As the majority of crops grown is used to feed animals in the animal agriculture industry then a reduction in animal agriculture means less monoculture. Figures of 75%-90% of soy grown is fed to animals.  So by eating animals you are eating the very thing that is causing the massive use of pesticides,  the deforestation and the accidental death of Insects etc.

As the animals consume all these crops the poisons are concentrated just like happens to fish in our polluted oceans which is then passed on to Human meat eaters.

Vegans care about all animals.  That is what makes them logically consistent.  A vegan does not eat or use animal products. They are not perfect but try to do the best they can.  They try to cause least harm whenever possible. Unlike meat eaters who may love a pet dog or whatever, but kill a pig to get a moment of pleasure eating bacon.  This is morally inconsistent.  But when they are called up on this  meat eaters tend to react in mind boggling ways.  That's what happens I guess,  when you try to hold two ideas that conflict at the same time.

So for the sake of the animals,  the environment and wildlife and for the sake of our health.  Stop eating animals!

FB_IMG_1584487949361.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Open air bar. tables and floor coughed on, spittle still transmitted through the air from a cough, <deleted> is she thinking, oh she is not....

And after 2 months of people coughing and spitting in every open air bar, how many people are infected with the covid19 virus in Pattaya?  0

How many deaths in Thailand? 1

Screening at all ports of entry is most important thing government/health ministry is doing right now.  

Peace.

banner_declaration170363_11en3.png

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

And you are sure about this, not just because you believe the drivel being espoused by the Government? but because your turning into a troll looking for responses like mine to keep your sense of worth and value........Have they tested anyone who has come from Pattaya?  Just the other day a Belgian who had been to Pattaya and returned to the north was diagnosed as being positive for COVID

Not trolling,  it just seems to me that currently, the situations in the U.S., UK, EU are much worse than here. All prevention measures have merit.  In my view, screening at border crossings is the most important measure currently. 

Bars closing, restaurants closing are a good idea according to most of the postings here.  So why not grocery stores, 7-11's, outdoor cafe's, starbucks, basically everywhere people visit or gather?

Have all our 200,000 brother and sister expats already stocked up on 2-3 weeks worth of food?  If not, what happens to them,  Starvation?  Let people starve to protect others from the virus? I am honestly uncertain what panic level we should all be at here in Thailand.

Edited by Skallywag
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Not trolling,  it just seems to me that currently, the situations in the U.S., UK, EU are much worse than here. All prevention measures have merit.  In my view, screening at border crossings is the most important measure currently. 

Bars closing, restaurants closing are a good idea according to most of the postings here.  So why not grocery stores, 7-11's, outdoor cafe's, starbucks, basically everywhere people visit or gather?

Have all our 200,000 brother and sister expats already stocked up on 2-3 weeks worth of food?  If not, what happens to them,  Starvation?  Let people starve to protect others from the virus? I am honestly uncertain what panic level we should all be at here in Thailand.

Thank you for your clarification.  There should be no panicking from anyone, it is the fear of the unknown and a lack of true clarity from the government which is driving that as well as the economic loss and hardships faced by the people.  As most ex-pats here have more than likely done, I saw the writing on the wall and stocked up, slowly, over the past month and can sustain myself for at least 2 months.  Luckily I also have a small generator should we loose power, and my condo building saw to installing a few larger generators when built to ensure the owners and tenants were secure if needed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

And after 2 months of people coughing and spitting in every open air bar, how many people are infected with the covid19 virus in Pattaya?  0

How many deaths in Thailand? 1

Screening at all ports of entry is most important thing government/health ministry is doing right now.  

Peace.

banner_declaration170363_11en3.png

Take a closer look at your own post... In this chart... 2,214 pending laboratory (or in other words test cases). That means we still don't have news on well over 2000 people who have had symptoms and have been tested.. how many positives will there be once these test results come in?

Edited by likerdup1

20 hours ago, CGW said:

Especially when they are located next door to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, or is that just coincidental? :wink:

coincidence, the Chinese lack of hygiene, dirty habits and eating anything that moves is nationwide, including diseased mutts in dog restaurants.

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

WHAT!!!!!!!!

Guys go to Pattaya to associate with bar girls. Anyone that can't grasp that simple fact should either leave Pattaya and never return, or wear a hazmat suit every time they leave the safety of their fully pressurized and air filtered room.

What infection do you think I'm talking about? STD's and HIV? ... the topic is about beer bars being closed due to Covid-19. Not Sexually transmitted diseases. Anyway's the Gov't has taken care of the issue and wisely closed down bars and entertainment venues as of today. I could care less. I don't frequent beer bars, "Gentlemens" clubs, soapys, Gogo's anyways. I prefer to meet my girls at 7-11, Mall, dating sites, Tinder etc..

Edited by likerdup1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

OK, enough is enough. 

Shortages of food, toilet paper, and medical supplies is bad enough but a shortage of bar girls is a tragedy. 

Well if they are infected with Covid19, you may not need the food and toilet paper ????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dallen52 said:

And the bad news is 14 days closed until march 30th.

The good news from the government is you can still buy alcohol. 

If I am going to be in lockdown with the Thai Mrs for a month or so a drink would help!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.  Live life, but take it one day at a time.  Learn to understand your faults, and admit when you are wrong or misunderstood.  Face has no place in this world, trying to save face only creates a group of people who can not admit when they are wrong and accept criticism.  I for one may be a cynic, and believe in my own way what the truth is, but I find that more and more I can be wrong......I do not mean to offend....Just found that I have lost a friend in the US who was a substitute teacher, when she was a full time teacher, before retiring, she taught all my children in school.  She was one of the COVID-19 Fatalites.....

13 hours ago, ronnie round head said:

everbody seams to forget bird flue coronavirus all comes from dirty markets in china they need to take responsibility for all the deaths world wide and stop eating <deleted>

Main thing those rural people should learn is proper health, hygine and sanitary procedures.

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Perhaps it is called culling/ natural selection? 

Once rare for people to live to the ages we do now, we have had better health care, treatments and water purifcation,sanitation and general living standards, especailly in the west for the past 70 years, resulting in more people living to very advanced years.

Who knows?  Darwinism may be spot on.  Longevity has increased markedly as society has evolved.  Initially it was beneficial as the world grew rapidly in terms of improved healthcare, technology and many other facets that we now take for granted.  Maybe there is some verity in the process of natural selection and a world seemingly intent on destroying itself.  It's glaringly obvious that global warming, pollution, etc. etc. are affecting the worlds prospects of continuance, so a big wake up call like this may be the thing that gets humankind to think about the bigger picture and squabbling about petty issues puts it into perspective.     

6 minutes ago, phetchy said:

a big wake up call like this may be the thing that gets humankind to think about the bigger picture and squabbling about petty issues puts it into perspective.

Never gonna happen. 

People always think life will continue as always. 

It's called normally bias. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2020 at 2:31 PM, Traubert said:

I live in China. Yes you are paranoid. Off the scale paranoid.

But it doesn't mean that Covid 19 isn't seeking you out right at this moment. ????

Hmm, thanks Doctor know it all, today in the news. USA has almost 15,000 cases.  Hundreds to thousands in just 12 days.. This is an exponential increase and things are getting bad fast. IItaly and Spain are now hot beds of community transmission and hundreds have died. People are dying that could be otherwise alive if people took precautions sooner such as those just implemented in California USA.

I was out and about taking my afternoon walk. Even though Pattaya has now ordered bars, entertainment venues, massage parlors etc... closed Ignorant and careless punters are still packing the beer bars that choose to ignore the order.

You live in China, I live in Thailand and it's still early in the game here. Watch out my friend, being careless may not get you in trouble... but OTHERS  lives are at risk from this global pandemic.

Myself, I am limiting my movements now. Social distancing etc... Only going out for shopping and taking all the recommended CDC precautions. You do what you want... let your conscience, or lack thereof be your guide.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 6:48 AM, dallen52 said:

And the bad news is 14 days closed until march 30th.

The good news from the government is you can still buy alcohol. 

How is taking good and smart preventative measures bad? These closure rules are exactly for people who ignore expert recommendation and think they know better. The closures will force people to social distance and at least slow the spread of the virus. Unbelievable how many board members don't take the pandemic seriously. But again, you don't find the brightest bulbs hanging out in Pattaya beer bars in my limited experience. I don't like beer bars or gogo's anyways. I prefer to meet women in other ways. Best not to be banging bar girls who get passed around more than the Christmas ham... Easy way to catch yourself a case of Covid-19 and if you bare back a case of any number of STD's

Edited by likerdup1
  • Like 1

I do agree the beer bars should stay shut. Alcohol and people in close proximity not to mention the very nature of the business conducted, if not in the bar but later on. On the other side of the coin I wonder if anyone has considered the negative consequence of this action re all of these entertainment staff out of work for 2 or 3 weeks at least. Surely many of them are going to head back home to the provinces creating the exact situation they were trying to avoid by cancelling Songkrahn. And these would be high risk people having been exposed to many travellers from other countries even walking around the streets of Pattaya. A little more thought needed to be put into that one before they pulled the trigger

8 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

Unbelievable how many board members don't take the pandemic seriously

We take it seriously, but in reality heart disease, cancer, other diseases, or even a motorcycle accident is much more likely to end our lives than Covid19.  In some ways I think this is a necessary distraction and needed for people to self-isolate and ponder their lives and life choices in retirement. 

It will certainly be 1000 times more decimating financially for many Thai people 

Yet also, many board members keep referring to and adamant that an "outbreak" here is coming as has happened in Italy, Spain, parts of America, and China.  There is no evidence that is happening as of today.  Preparing for the worst is a good practice, but it does not mean we will see the worst here as a few other countries have.