Thailand reports 30 new coronavirus cases, total of 177, official says

webfact

1 hour ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Spanish Flu (1918) - Fall wave (multiple waves)... (influenza is more averse to hot weather and humidity).

Indonesia (not that far from Thailand and tropical - 1.5 million deaths.

Europe went for 3 months with a handful of cases at maximum, then boom... it exploded.

Using the same statistical reasoning 2 weeks ago, you could have come to the conclusion that there was a natural slowing of the disease in Europe because of some factor.  Statistics, misapplied, lie horribly.

That was 102 years ago and the world was a much different place.

Using the same statistical reasoning is pointless. They were still bloodletting and using leeches at that stage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

could be.. but i think they are really trying to prevent being labeled stage 3... and that means blame foreigners.

theyre  the  cause anyway...................except theyre  Chinese and that wont go down well,better blame pasty face big eyes  instead

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, buanmeerugsaa said:

The WHO said every government must Test Test Test. 

If they don’t, there is no way of identifying where the infections are Concentrated and of isolating the virus. 

Are you listening Prayut?

Unfortunately, much of the testing is unreliable - and so, therefore, are the results.

5 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I did not ask about the tracker SandyF. I asked where they are in the numbers listed as self isolating. Sorry I was not clear. I do not see a statistical spot for numbers of self isolation listed on the daily list of cases......

53 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

But many others do except for mouth pieces like yourself......

Do you have to get personal? I know you like be the voice of authority on all things corona virus but sometimes the statements on here are just irrelevant or completely wrong.

Maybe for the greater good that needs pointing out?

4 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Do you have to get personal? I know you like be the voice of authority on all things corona virus but sometimes the statements on here are just irrelevant or completely wrong.

Maybe for the greater good that needs pointing out?

If you were a diabetic and because of COVID-19 you became I'll and died, do you think in the current environment you would be listed as dying from the virus or reported as dying from diabetic complications.  All I am saying is that people do want to know what someone died of.  It makes a difference to some of us who try to look for clusters and groupings in order to see if there is a flattening of the curve.  Statistics and numbers can be doctored all day long but in the end it does not help and identify what is and what has truly occurred.....and does not provide any clarity and or foster the way folks look at there governments.  There will always be doubters and objections to what's published....just be transparent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Guess your anti Thai bril is coloring your vision.

The only reason they want to put it on foreigners is not xenofobia but the fact that if its Thais they will have to admit it has reached stage 3. They are trying to prevent that. 

And what do you say about the government announcment "stay away from dirty farangs?" is that anti Thai as well or a blatant example of Thai xenophobia and hatred of foreigners?

• Like 1

The table at the top says all we needed to know about the figures.  177 cases, 135 in hospital and 41 recovered and 1 dead.  So there's absolutely nobody wandering around with mild symptoms.  They hospitalise all who test positive.  Or maybe just 6000 odd like the guy at Lumpini Stadium and the situation is already like Korea.  I guess we'll never know.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Basically it has reached critical mass.

Here's the account from a medic in the middle of it in Italy: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8103999/NHS-doctor-trapped-coronavirus-hit-Italy-begs-UK-Government-shut-EVERYTHING.html

'We have seen the same pattern in different areas a week apart, and there is no reason that in a few weeks it won't be the same everywhere, this is the pattern:

1) A few positive cases, first mild measures, people are told to avoid ED [emergency department] but still hang out in groups, everyone says not to panic. 

2) Some moderate respiratory failures and a few severe ones that need tube, but regular access to ED is significantly reduced so everything looks great. 

3) Tons of patients with moderate respiratory failure, that overtime deteriorate to saturate ICUs [intensive care units] first, then NIVs, then CPAP [continuous positive airway pressure] hoods, then even O2 [oxygen]. 

4) Staff gets sick so it gets difficult to cover for shifts, mortality spikes also from all other causes that can't be treated properly. 

Same script will play out here. We're still somewhere around 2. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

If you were a diabetic and because of COVID-19 you became I'll and died, do you think in the current environment you would be listed as dying from the virus or reported as dying from diabetic complications.  All I am saying is that people do want to know what someone died of.  It makes a difference to some of us who try to look for clusters and groupings in order to see if there is a flattening of the curve.  Statistics and numbers can be doctored all day long but in the end it does not help and identify what is and what has truly occurred.....and does not provide any clarity and or foster the way folks look at there governments.  There will always be doubters and objections to what's published....just be transparent.

But I'm not diabetic and I'm not dead either. Neither would I care about what killed me because I'm not Buddhist.

I agree that some will always sneer at the information they're given but in the general mayhem the value of a constant commentary has to be weighed against the effectiveness of the clinical effort and everybody reacts in their own way for a plethora of reasons.

13 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

And what do you say about the government announcment "stay away from dirty farangs?" is that anti Thai as well or a blatant example of Thai xenophobia and hatred of foreigners?

Good advice I would say. I follow it on every visit to Thailand.

But I don't think it was aimed at me, being a dirty farang and all.

2 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

So what's the deal with the admonition to "thoroughly cook" certain foods? and avoid close contact with livestock and animals? I have been reading all I can about the coronavirus, and I haven't seen any of the contagious disease experts from other countries mention these things?

As far as I am aware there is no relationship with the corona virus and not cooking food properly. the only thing I saw was thoroughly washing your vegetables before cooking which is pretty obvious. 

2 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

You may not be worried, I may only be mildly concerned but millions Of other people are very concerned about the prospect of being infected.  I've been following Peak Prosperity Wohan Corona Virus updates on YouTube and it is said it effects young people to,  not just us oldies with Type 2 or others with  heart disease,  Etc. 

normal influenza is not good to contract if you are type 2 diabetic and far more people contract and spread influenza annually. I know that we should all take this seriously but if you are taking sensible precautions you will most likely be ok. I am type 2 diabetic and each year I get a flu jab to help protect me from complications  but I dont walk around worrying about it os stockpiling loo roll. I think that people should be calm about it, be responsible and take precautions and cleaning hands etc but stop worrying so much.

2 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Because the government feels the need to direct the anger of the population to some scapegoat, and China as a scapegoat would be dangerous economically... so we are a good candidate... Better farang than those that run the government...

I have worked and travelled in and out of China for many years. I have many Chinese friends both at home and in China, they were just as shocked at the "dirty farang" comment as I was. The point I think people are missing is that Chinese people are intelligent thinking people and they will not ignore such comments from the Thai government just because it is not aimed at them. It will tar the reputation of the country to any sensible person. It is a stupid person who believes racist comments don't offend people when it is not aimed at them. Thailand will reap what it sows.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rabas said:

Were they using leeches in China? Scroll through the Internet and look at original documents from the West, you might think they were more clear headed than today. Temporary hospitals sprang up everywhere, clear documents on self isolation, certainly no need to weld people's homes shut.

They were used to hardships that time. World War I.

3 minutes ago, Traubert said:

I'm in 14 day quarantine in China. Day 9. What's your personal experience of Covid19? Has it impinged on your life in anyway, or are you just presenting on a keyboard.

Personal experience here in Thailand is I am trying to make sense of true scope here.  In the US, I have a son, in the Airforce, who is in a 14 day quarantine, and a daughter who has not had a day off in 2 weeks as she is a surgical ICU nurse, who has been placed into a critical care wing of intubated patients as her daily job.  As someone who was in a command position and on staff for medical trainee's I understand the hardships associated with critical care, rampant illness, and the need for clarity.  It is something that since I retired I find is lacking in many organizations, and governments.  I feel for your situation and would hope you have the necessary daily needs to survive.  It is a hard place to be in, but unfortunately had everyone been truthful about what was happening and not selfish in trying to save face, we could quite possibly be in a different position than we are now..... 

• Like 2

A post with unsubstantiated speculation comments and the replies have been removed.

Some posts with Twitter links have been removed as this is not a Twitter site. 

Some inflammatory posts, baiting posts and the replies have been removed. 

Some off topic deflection posts and replies have been removed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

So what's the deal with the admonition to "thoroughly cook" certain foods? and avoid close contact with livestock and animals? I have been reading all I can about the coronavirus, and I haven't seen any of the contagious disease experts from other countries mention these things?

Cook food to kill any viruses. Some dogs tested positive to the virus but there is no evidence they were contagious or sick. 

1 hour ago, GAZZPA said:

As far as I am aware there is no relationship with the corona virus and not cooking food properly. the only thing I saw was thoroughly washing your vegetables before cooking which is pretty obvious. 

There is one if you eat sushi or raw meat/vegetables that might have been sneezed on or touched in a market. 

2 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

There is one if you eat sushi or raw meat/vegetables that might have been sneezed on or touched in a market. 

Well that isn't only for CV19, not rocket science is it? 

3 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

From John Hopkins

image.png.5a50f90c0b83bd20b95a773392517e2e.png

Peak prosperity? A cursory look seems to indicate some association with the sale of precious metals? Through advertisers or associated ventures to their podcast?

If so, everything they say, is engineered toward the love of creating, or amplifying crisis, and the prediction of doom and gloom, as nothing sells precious metals better then being able to pitch pandemonium!

• Sad 1

I just found and joined Stanford's folding@home simulation project for finding possible druggable proteins of SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19. If you have free CPU/GPU time available and feel like helping, here's one way to do it: https://foldingathome.org/2020/03/15/coronavirus-what-were-doing-and-how-you-can-help-in-simple-terms/

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Do you cook your sushi or salad in normal time? 

I was actually referring to your comment about food  being sneezed on, that was the thrust of your post, wasn't it? 

7 hours ago, buanmeerugsaa said:

The WHO said every government must Test Test Test. 

If they don’t, there is no way of identifying where the infections are Concentrated and of isolating the virus. 

Are you listening Prayut?

And scrooge Prayut says

"Who pays"... expensive lol.