Thailand reports 30 new coronavirus cases, total of 177, official says

webfact

It only matters if you don't take reasonable precautions to avoid infection from others.  It's that simple, until more hard facts are known as to the possible extent of the virus. 

What I'm doing has been stocking up on goods, staying home and chilling out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

No. To be more accurate, if you include those extra cases, you would also have to include the extra deaths that have been attributed to other causes (like Dengue), too.

hmmm...not sure I agree with sticking on deaths willy nilly but I know what you are getting at. My point is the rate is actually a lot lower as many have low to no symptons with this virus, so will go undetected

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Guess your anti Thai bril is coloring your vision.

The only reason they want to put it on foreigners is not xenofobia but the fact that if its Thais they will have to admit it has reached stage 3. They are trying to prevent that. 

AS this is a global pandemic which means it almost worldwide and definitely has the potential my country is NOT using foreigners as an excuse and is following WHO test test and test.

Thailand admin is guilty of inciting racism to cover it own failings

Idiot

Edited by sameasb4
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Bob said:

Breaking News! 

30 people died today on Thai roads, 80% on motorbikes most of them drunk with no helmet or license. 

ok, and it is several months to Christmas. Should be read as if you write, write about the subject. Makes you look much smarter.

• Confused 1

Progress in the diagnosis arena: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/03/13/national/kurabo-coronavirus-test-kits/#.XnBwIqgzaUn

Kurabo’s kit will take only 15 minutes to display a red line on a test strip after a blood sample from a suspected patient is mixed with a reagent on the strip. The red line indicates the presence of antibodies for the virus in the blood and a positive test result, the company said.

The kit was developed by the company’s business partner in China and has already been used by Chinese medical institutions.

Kurabo plans to sell the kits to research and testing institutions. One kit capable of testing 10 samples is priced at ¥25,000, excluding tax.

It will be on sale from Monday, and unlike the current PCR tests, it is also effective in detecting the virus in patients at early stages of the disease, the firm said. It aims to supply enough kits for a total capacity of 10,000 tests per day.

If they ever manage to get those into Thailand, the truth will come out. In any other country that'd mean heads on spikes but meh, TiT, maibpenrai.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

your covid fatality rates are based off confirmed cases ...the "experts" say 10x to 20x more actually have the virus so you have to divide by those numbers to get somewhere close to the real mortality rate, right?

Sure, and that could also be correct, but the ones in critical conditions has a much higher rate of dying due to organ failure, which up until now most often has taken several weeks, so it is expected that the death rate increases in that regard, but you could of course be right that the amount undetected asymptomatic cases is pretty high, which would obviously pull down the actual fatality rate a lot. We'll have to see in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Excellent, my chances, of catching this virus are......let me get out my calculator....let's see population of Bangkok over 8 million x number of gel stations x on Bangla road 1 week ago x refusing to wear mask x walk through MRT station daily = slim to <deleted>'ing none!!!!!

Wew.....I feel better now.....you all had me worried for a moment!

Thank you Thailand for being such a gracious host and making life Beautiful!

Live Forever!

Season's don't fear the reaper!

4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

There's one in MoPH stats and has been there for weeks. Very likely connected to ECMO and being kept clinically alive for as long as possible. As for others, Thailand is notorious for putting the most convenient cause of death in the certificates. 

Right, and he's most likely not the only one in the world. Also, people having mild to moderate symptoms have been reported to have become critically ill later. 

Current deaths: 7,174

Critical condition: 6,163

Total recovered: 79,883

Active cases: 95,685

3 minutes ago, melloyello said:

Face the actual mortality figures from Capn Bob; what kills more daily to date? unsafe, unlicensed riders or Coronavirus 

In 2017, 3,378 people died in road accidents in Italy

There are now 2,108 deaths (in the first couple weeks in Italy). 

The mortality rate is around 7%

It would take 3 months to infect 70% of Italians if not controlled through radical action.... 

At a mortality rate of 3% of 70% (of 60 million people) infected in 3 months....  that would translate into 1.26 million. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Guess your anti Thai bril is coloring your vision.

The only reason they want to put it on foreigners is not xenofobia but the fact that if its Thais they will have to admit it has reached stage 3. They are trying to prevent that. 

I take your point. But either way, we have a senior public servant who was deliberately spreading fake news (lying) to the Thai people. What is anti Thai about pointing that out?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Some off topic posts and replies have been removed.

Some posts with unattributed content have been removed, please include a valid link to the source of information when posting. 

A post using a trolling video and the replies have been removed. 

At first with foreigners they mean all their chinese brothers and sisters strolling into the country!! And Thailand must be since long time on the level 3. But as they are not testing and lieing about the cases they try to keep it low for the public.  But all following up what's going on know, it's all a lie . Keep heads up!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So as I said above, Thai and Chinese account for the vast majority of all confirmed cases announced by the Thai authorities thus far, and western foreigners just a few.

This  wont stop  the  village  idiots  telling everyone its  all the  foreigners and boy do they like to  gossip.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

don't you think it is strange that for weeks the number stayed so low ?

other countries of mine, have 5x-10x more infections and hardly any chinese travellers

now that other countries score "high" thailand is dripping in some new numbers

don't you think it is strange a large number is staying for weeks in hospitals ? are they on the brink of death ?

will thailand suddenly have 50 deaths in a week ?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

Okay so 122 people in Thailand are sick.  What is the big deal????

What I want to knonw is how many of these people are so sick they have to be hospitalized and put in ICU or have died.

We all get the flu or a cold.  People die of the flu also if they have other medical issues. 

I will guarantee that Thailand will have over 1000 people diagnosed with Corona virus.  The question is how many of them die.

Are we everytime someone gets a cough going to react it makes no sense to me.

BTW yes I am over 60 and yes I am Type 2 and your point is??????of 

You may not be worried, I may only be mildly concerned but millions Of other people are very concerned about the prospect of being infected.  I've been following Peak Prosperity Wohan Corona Virus updates on YouTube and it is said it effects young people to,  not just us oldies with Type 2 or others with  heart disease,  Etc. 

• Like 2

According to my wife, the government hospitals charge 2500 Baht for a test for the virus. If that is indeed the case, expect the virus to multiply greatly. Many, many millions of Thais can't afford that. The government needs to appropriate funds to test whoever might need it. Without the funding, Thailand is in big trouble, and so are we.

So what's the deal with the admonition to "thoroughly cook" certain foods? and avoid close contact with livestock and animals? I have been reading all I can about the coronavirus, and I haven't seen any of the contagious disease experts from other countries mention these things?

5 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

You may not be worried, I may only be mildly concerned but millions Of other people are very concerned about the prospect of being infected.  I've been following Peak Prosperity Wohan Corona Virus updates on YouTube and it is said it effects young people to,  not just us oldies with Type 2 or others with  heart disease,  Etc. 

From John Hopkins

image.png.5a50f90c0b83bd20b95a773392517e2e.png

1 minute ago, gjoo888 said:

According to my wife, the government hospitals charge 2500 Baht for a test for the virus. If that is indeed the case, expect the virus to multiply greatly. Many, many millions of Thais can't afford that. The government needs to appropriate funds to test whoever might need it. Without the funding, Thailand is in big trouble, and so are we.

This is incorrect. There is no surcharge. This kind of misinformation is what will keep Thai's from going to hospitals. The test is 100 percent free of charge if suspected of being infected.

2 minutes ago, Dutyfirst said:

This is incorrect. There is no surcharge. This kind of misinformation is what will keep Thai's from going to hospitals. The test is 100 percent free of charge if suspected of being infected.

Good to know. Thanks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

This is what the lockdowns are for. It's hard to catch it if you have no contact with others. The question is what happens when people are let out again. Rinse and repeat?

Potentially, it is all an attempt to flatten the curve - if you can add another delay of 3 months (reset to patient 0) or there abouts, you keep the infection curve low enough that you have enough healthcare resources to combat the severe cases and greatly reduce the mortality rate.   You give more time for a vaccine to be created, and eventually the natural immunity in the general population will build up as to also help (it will eventually burn out over a longer period of time with a greatly reduced death rate).

• Like 1