Pattaya: Schoolboy injured by faulty drain cover

webfact

Pattaya: Schoolboy injured by faulty drain cover

9pm.jpg

Pattaya's Sawang Boriboon rescue team was summoned after a 13 year old boy got his left leg stuck in a drain cover. 

Tae couldn't free his leg but the rescue services managed to extricate him and he was not seriously hurt. 

They discovered that someone had cut a 10 cm hole in the cover. There was no sign warning that it was damaged, said Siam Chon News. 

Tae said he was just out walking with a friend when he was gobbled up. 

9pm1.jpg

Last week a British pensioner was pictured covered in blood after falling down a hole in the road for laying underground cables. 

Locals in Pattaya and tourists are always commenting on the state of the resort's sidewalks, notes Thaivisa. 

Source: Siamchon News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-17

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

Tae said he was just out walking with a friend when he was gobbled up

Blimey .. Gobbled up as well .. How unfortunate .. Where about's exactly did this take place .?

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, johng said:

But you must also look out for  low flying shop signs,awnings,cables,soi dogs and motorcycle taxis.

I used to love walking, but walking is the same as driving in Thailand - you can't relax for a moment and need to have your eyes everywhere. Not an enjoyable experience.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Has Yinn seen this, apparently Thais don't fall in holes!

This hole different. Small sneaky hole. 15cm.

It not have 6 Orange safety barrier and safety tape. 4 meter.

AB1B91F5-C1FF-4B08-AB66-4CECFA295F3B.jpeg

3E137796-6CD0-4BF0-8D43-7C769800CCE4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

who knows what lurks in pattaya's drains 

Things dude......horrible things.

I remember a midget bargirl in the old Bullion BJ Bar years ago telling me about the things that lived in the sewers, it was hard to understand, but I think she explained that they are the souls of farangs who did not pay for the buffalo and consequently, were found broken and lifeless in the courtyard of the View Talay while their souls were trapped in a filthy, loathesome creature that slithered like a mutant hagfish in the depths of the sewers all covered with you know what and bingo tickets, and they would hang out by the drains waiting for their victim who usually would fall in and then be torn to pieces and fed upon, thats why folks go missing in Pattaya.

So watch yourselves.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Things dude......horrible things.

I remember a midget bargirl in the old Bullion BJ Bar years ago telling me about the things that lived in the sewers, it was hard to understand, but I think she explained that they are the souls of farangs who did not pay for the buffalo and consequently, were found broken and lifeless in the courtyard of the View Talay while their souls were trapped in a filthy, loathesome creature that slithered like a mutant hagfish in the depths of the sewers all covered with you know what and bingo tickets, and they would hang out by the drains waiting for their victim who usually would fall in and then be torn to pieces and fed upon, thats why folks go missing in Pattaya.

So watch yourselves.

and drunks p_iss in them...

9 hours ago, Yinn said:

This hole different. Small sneaky hole. 15cm.

I did this myself once, parked my bike and stepped off it onto a broken drain cover and down I went. You will notice the 

6 Orange safety barrier and safety tape. 4 meter.

Do not provide a pedestrian path.... just like the rest of soi Buakhao, but force you out into the traffic. Do you think this is acceptable?

• Like 1