All visitors to Thailand require medical certificate, insurance and monitoring system

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Only six of these countries are "Disease Infected Zones", the remainder are "ongoing local transmission areas", and subject to self-monitoring only. From the Ministry of Public Health website:

Travelers from the Disease Infected Zones traveling to Thailand are required to present the following health certifications and a document of health insurance to the airlines at the airport of origin before check-in.

Travelers from ongoing local transmission areas are recommended to implement control for observation (meaning supervision without quarantine) in order to ensure self-monitoring at their residence for no less than 14 days.

If Thailand does not do a complete travel ban, ban on large gatherings and more social distancing, Thailand wll be in grave danger.

Edited by Mulambana
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Which insurance company will cover for a known event ?

Most  policies  somewhere in the  fine  print  excuse themselves by stipulating  cover is  void if the  insured party  does  not  take all  best  advice,steps, action etc  to  avoid   any  need to   claim.

Perhaps  simply  by traveling  at this time  could  give  cause to apply such  voidance?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mulambana said:

Most people have not been teted in any country. Why they will test most people? And no country, even Westrn countries, have the capacity to test every one. Wetern countries have botched up due the incompepence of their leaders, lying, cheating and obfuscating the issue. They are now responsible for this Global epidemic. 

It started in china in the wuhan city they  had the first and biggest outbreak and from there on it move to many countries !! But up to u whatever u believe !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Most  policies  somewhere in the  fine  print  excuse themselves by stipulating  cover is  void if the  insured party  does  not  take all  best  advice,steps, action etc  to  avoid   any  need to   claim.

Perhaps  simply  by traveling  at this time  could  give  cause to apply such  voidance?

Yeah, thats why I asked.

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

health insurance covers it - pacific cross confirmed for me on friday

cost of testing and treatment

I would presume ACS health insurance would cover it too, if you already had a policy with them?

10 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

It started in china in the wuhan city they  had the first and biggest outbreak and from there on it move to many countries !! But up to u whatever u believe !

Don't want a lesson on where it started. China has got it under conrol, though they used some draconinan measures. But Western countries are responsible  for global pandemic due their leaders' incompetacies, lying, cheating, and obfuscation of the issue. 

Read this article unless you exhibit Dunning-Krugger effect and have 100% confidence on your limiited biased knowledge.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/16/coronavirus-pandemic-leadership-131540

Also read this article how India is tackling the issue

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/world/asia/india-coronaviru

For Dunning Krugger effect which 80% posters in this forum exhibit, read wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Edited by Mulambana
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Only six of these countries are "Disease Infected Zones", the remainder are "ongoing local transmission areas", and subject to self-monitoring only. From the Ministry of Public Health website:

Travelers from the Disease Infected Zones traveling to Thailand are required to present the following health certifications and a document of health insurance to the airlines at the airport of origin before check-in.

Travelers from ongoing local transmission areas are recommended to implement control for observation (meaning supervision without quarantine) in order to ensure self-monitoring at their residence for no less than 14 days.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/index.php

Yes, there seems to be two groups now but the list might change later.

Anyway, that govt website might not be updated yet after PM's announcement.

The total number of cases in Spain has exceeded South Korea.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

I trust all of those countries affected  will apply the same restrictions to Thai travelers.

Why?  Just because Thailand did it for reasonable protective measures for high-risk visitors from high-risk areas?  Thailand isn't considered a high-risk country in this context.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Not just the airport but I recently rented my condo in BKK and the guest was not allowed access without a doctor's certificate effective IMMEDIATELY.

Good on immigration for being pro active. If I were to be critical of a country it would be the UK which has done nothing at all about C19 control it seems 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I vaguely remember Anutin said that in an article. I might be wrong.

He did - here's the full quote:

"Today I visited Chiang Mai and noticed that there are almost no Chinese tourists. All you see are ‘farang’. Not only that, but 90% of Thais are wearing masks. However, none of the farang are wearing masks This is the reason our country is being infected all around. We should be more careful of the farang than Asians.”

"At the moment it is winter in Europe and farang come to Thailand to hide from the disease. Many farang dress dirty and don’t shower. As hosts we have to be very careful.”

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Anyway, that govt website might not be updated yet after PM's announcement

As mentioned in a previous post, part of the PM's announcement was to confirm was that all countries do not require a medical certificate and health insurance - only those countries or territories defined as "Disease Infected Zones."

Those countries are: China, Macau, Hong Kong, South Korea, Italy and Iran.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mulambana said:

Don't want a lesson on where it started. China has got it under conrol, though they used some draconinan measures. But Western countries are responsible  for global pandemic due their leaders' incompetacies, lying, cheating, and obfuscation of the issue. 

Read this article unless you exhibit Dunning-Krugger effect and have 100% confidence on your limiited biased knowledge.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/16/coronavirus-pandemic-leadership-131540

Also read this article how India is tackling the issue

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/world/asia/india-coronaviru

For Dunning Krugger effect which 80% posters in this forum exhibit, read wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

So u admit it started in china at that market place in Wuhan?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

You’re joking !

Where ur proof of Europeans traveling to Thailand with the idea to the escape the china corona virus?

And go for what? No insurance full coverage abroad and real numbers of the virus infected people can be higher here then in Europe since most haven’t been tested tet.

The people that just rented my beach house for 2 months to ride it out on the islands, their freinds that just rented my nieghbors 

I have a few freinds in the region who are headed to thailand to ride it out as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

The people that just rented my beach house for 2 months to ride it out on the islands, their freinds that just rented my nieghbors 

I have a few freinds in the region who are headed to thailand to ride it out as well.

Weird story mate,  all planes and airports ect are dead but ur business is booming with Europeans trying to shelter in Thailand for China corona ????????????.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papa al said:

Today I bought a plan at Big C

100,000 medical

100,000 death benefit

premium is 599B/year.

Gf got me one but from a bank and death and permanent chronic damage 1 mill plus 100k hospital 

Only binding condition is having spent last 6 months here 

15 minutes ago, madmen said:

Gf got me one but from a bank and death and permanent chronic damage 1 mill 

You are worth more to your girlfriend now if she is the beneficiary. 

She love you long time for sure.  Or?  ????

Peace☮️

• Haha 1

It’s only China, Hong Kong, Macau, Italy, South Korea and Iran that need health certificates. If the newsfeed mods have started giving inaccurate news for clickbait, I suggest they stop. I personally follow Richard Barrow and a couple of others on Twitter, more up to date and accurate 

2 hours ago, riclag said:

Frustrating  to say the least! It's not the average westerner that should give caution! Does the  health department here issue guidance  to the population on cleanliness! 

Keep your fingers out of your nose !

wash your hands after you go to the hong nam

Don't share spoons ,forks and glasses

They take zero  notice, even today saw some builders  all using the same water  cup  out of a  large water cooler, 5  of  them.............virus  will  love Thaialnd

• Like 1