PM ready to close Thai borders to entry if virus situation worsens to Stage 3

snoop1130

34 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Yes!

My friends say/think same last night see him TV. 

He look skinny, weak and old a lot.

Does make you wonder what he was suffering from a few weeks ago when he went into isolation. A very bad flu can weaken you but people usually put on condition when it's passed. Cancer? He's no spring chicken after all.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mulambana said:

When it will reach Phase 3? India closed its border when they had around 30 cases and at least for now seem to be containing it with less than 0.1 cases per million population. 

Give it time. Outside of the cities the cases will skyrocket and possibly millions will die. But keep that happy thought.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Good luck with any more rescue flights. I think that window closed a few weeks ago. Be prepared to be on your own as far as travel arrangements go.

AFAIK any rescue flights out of the UK have been operated by the tour operators to repatriate those stranded in Spain and the Balearics. There's a whole other element of the UK's diaspora that aren't on package tours and backpacking. Since most state airlines will have aircraft languishing on aprons, I can foresee there's still scope for various governments to bring home their own when they are faced with fellow citizens being stuck in very poor conditions. That and being accused of abandoning their citizens won't look great when election time beckons.

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

AFAIK any rescue flights out of the UK have been operated by the tour operators to repatriate those stranded in Spain and the Balearics. There's a whole other element of the UK's diaspora that aren't on package tours and backpacking. Since most state airlines will have aircraft languishing on aprons, I can foresee there's still scope for various governments to bring home their own when they are faced with fellow citizens being stuck in very poor conditions. That and being accused of abandoning their citizens won't look great when election time beckons.

I certainly hope you are right. There's going to be a lot of people up the proverbial without a paddle very soon.

This is going to cost trillions to all economies, lets hope they don't sacrifice expats while looking after the home country citizens.

Edited by emptypockets
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

With a long and porous Border with Burma i would like to know how the intend to stop people coming and going ?    Impossible in my opinion and then there is always the bent Officials at the Border.

Wonder what's happening in Greece at present on the Turkish border

1 minute ago, baansgr said:

Wonder what's happening in Greece at present on the Turkish border

Trouble?

Can't be a good situation with open slather refugees from the Turkish side combined with the virus thing. Lot of problems heading greater Europe's way. Maybe a war?

13 minutes ago, terje johnsen said:

What is fase3 its only 212 with Corona in Thailand thats only fase 1 is it something they not tell us.

It has nothing to do with the numbers but with the way of transmission. Domestic transmissions with an unknown source will spark fase 3. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

What does this mean for anyone wanting to fly out of the Kingdom?

This time tomorrow I'll be on my plane back to blighty - fingers crossed !

I booked a flight on Thai Airways which was at the time, the cheapest one way non stop (£431)- don't even wanna try going through another airport and get stuck there either. 

Looked again today, flight was not available - presuming full up as it was still on the schedule - BUT the next flight had doubled to near £900 ! (Monday was still low though).

I'd suggest if your going make it sooner rather than later - though saying that BOris will probably lay on free escape flights for all !

• Like 2

organize a nationwide ceremony to pray for Thailand and the Thai people

Even my missus, a devout buddhist, started laughing when she heard that, before she started ranting at the tv in a mix of Thai and English.

He <deleted>***ng crazy ! He know nothing !

• Haha 1