Coronavirus: British Pound plunges to its lowest level in over 30 years

webfact

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

OK, as the NHS was not partnered with European NHS's whilst the UK was part of the EU, now that the UK has left the EU , it will have no effect on the NHS .

Apart from the fact that there are numerous negative impacts on the NHS, not least of which is staffing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes we are. Must hurt being a lapdog for the EU and just wait until the bill comes in from the other EU countries for the Coronavirus bill.

I omitted the ludicrous last part of your sentence as it isn't worth challenging. It just looks as usual you are jealous and wish your country had the mindset to be free and independent.

Still breaking forum rule to change a poster line  ??  

No problem as long original one is also to see  , so you can make your point as a honest reply …..English gentleman is history ….I forgot   5555

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Apart from the fact that there are numerous negative impacts on the NHS, not least of which is staffing.

What are those negative impacts on the NHS ?

TBH, this discussion is going nowhere .

Lets just look out the window and watch the clouds float by .

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

Still breaking forum rule to change a poster line  ??  

No problem as long original one is also to see  , so you can make your point as a honest reply …..English gentleman is history ….I forgot   5555

As I mentioned it, that I omitted the ludicrous statement of a 3rd country.

I am a gentleman and if it was the historical times it would be pistols at dawn.

In these modern times 'a good old straightner' would

suffice.????

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I have a great deal of sympathy for this and have previously made the argument myself in response to people posting memes without comments.

But if someone makes a blatantly false statement I see merit in directing them to where they can get facts.

Not that I have much hope of facts changing entrenched views.

I think (standalone) meme posters are something entirely different, people who introduce memes into an argument should have their keyboard rights suspended by their parents and be confined to their rooms without their nightly glass of milk or bedtime story.

The posting of blatantly false statements in order to win an argument is even more troubling, such people may need counselling, perhaps even medication, of course world leaders often don't set a good example in this respect.

I personally prefer to make the argument and leave a link as supportive evidence, although this has resulted at times in posters accusing me of having a degree in google, sometimes you just can't win.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

As I mentioned it, that I omitted the ludicrous statement of a 3rd country.

I am a gentleman and if it was the historical times it would be pistols at dawn.

In these modern times 'a good old straightner' would

suffice.

Ah   again , if words fail you to win ???? it is the violence again ….., even not respecting the duelling etiquette that the challenged one choose the weapons ….. I would Like the foil (fleuret)  avoiding my fist touching someone like you ….???? no gentleman at all ????

????????????

Edited by david555

15 minutes ago, saengd said:

I think (standalone) meme posters are something entirely different, people who introduce memes into an argument should have their keyboard rights suspended by their parents and be confined to their rooms without their nightly glass of milk or bedtime story.

The posting of blatantly false statements in order to win an argument is even more troubling, such people may need counselling, perhaps even medication, of course world leaders often don't set a good example in this respect.

I personally prefer to make the argument and leave a link as supportive evidence, although this has resulted at times in posters accusing me of having a degree in google, sometimes you just can't win.

Actually, I think the lowest you can go is when you allege personal experience or you know someone who...It's one thing when personal experience or connections has to do with something like home repairs. But on large issues like politic questions, it's suspect for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Ah   again , if words fail you to win ???? it is the violence again ….., even not respecting the duelling etiquette that the challenged one choose the weapons ….. I would Like the foil (fleuret)  avoiding my fist touching someone like you …. no gentleman at all ????

Ah come on where is that Dutch humour you have told us about. If you think that I am being serious then I guess I will have to 'treat you with kid gloves'.

While we are on a point, I see the Dutch parliament was in the news. That must have been exciting, as I know how much you love watching the UK Parliament on TV, as nothing happens in the Dutch one.

I am guessing that you will be missing the UK soaps now they will be cancelled due to the virus.????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Ah come on where is that Dutch humour you have told us about. If you think that I am being serious then I guess I will have to 'treat you with kid gloves'.

While we are on a point, I see the Dutch parliament was in the news. That must have been exciting, as I know how much you love watching the UK Parliament on TV, as nothing happens in the Dutch one.

I am guessing that you will be missing the UK soaps now they will be cancelled due to the virus.????

Are you familiar with the saying "No news is good news"? The UK does certainly punch above its weight nowadays when it comes to generating news. Rule Britannia!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Wrong again ….. about your words I take nothing serious , I am always laughing about your referring to Dutch …. only you don't know why …. as many others knows better..... 

don't worry one day the penny drops... 

Just now, gamini said:

it's well known that Johnson and his pals have shorted the pound in order to make billions when the UK finally pulls out of the EU and the pound dives. Now they don't have to wait, the virus has done it for them. 

I thought you were going to use the B word then and blame that on the Coronavirus.

1 minute ago, gamini said:

it's well known that Johnson and his pals have shorted the pound in order to make billions when the UK finally pulls out of the EU and the pound dives. Now they don't have to wait, the virus has done it for them. 

And giving him a nice Uturn  reason for extending anyway coming back as usual on his famous lines ….. hope only E.U. find a legal  excuse they cant do 

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

I am always laughing about your referring to Dutch

Well if you are not Dutch then please tell. If i have made a genuine mistake that is not a problem. Big shoulders here.

I won't be complaining about forum rules and how ungentlemanly posters are.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well if you are not Dutch then please tell. If i have made a genuine mistake that is not a problem. Big shoulders here.

I won't be complaining about forum rules and how ungentlemanly posters are.

No …. only let your brain repair itself(….if still possible ) , is better for you , and more fun for me ….????????

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Mulambana said:

Yes, things change. How long the foundation built on looting colonies will last? 40 trillion dollars from India only.

Best start building your defenses, we may be back for second helpings. :))

15 minutes ago, gamini said:

Please stop, somebody make him stop, my sides hurt.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I was responding to someone else who claimed the UK leaving the EU would have no detrimental affect on the NHS.

It is thankfully not up to you what people are allowed to post.

All we would have is thread after thread with Brexiteers slapping each other on the back telling themselves how simply super they all are.

We are talking about the treatment of the Corona virus within the NHS and whether that treatment would be effected by the UK no longer being partners with other European NHS's and my point was that the UK NHS wasnt partners with other EU NHS's in the first place and so there will be no effect .

The supply of drugs is irrelevant 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

We are talking about the treatment of the Corona virus within the NHS and whether that treatment would be effected by the UK no longer being partners with other European NHS's and my point was that the UK NHS wasnt partners with other EU NHS's in the first place and so there will be no effect .

The supply of drugs is irrelevant 

As part of the EU, the UK had a reciprocal treatment agreement with the rest of the EU countries. It may still be in effect but won't be once Brexit happens. Unless the final agreement stipulates otherwise.

• Like 2