Pattaya fighting the virus: Thousands of tourists checked on way to Koh Larn - not one had a high temperature

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The report contained the hashtag in Thai: #prung nee lui gan mai - essentially meaning that tomorrow will be another day in the fight.

What fight?

If there are no high temperatures to record and report, then there is no fight, because everything is well, right?

And why are there still THOUSANDS of tourists in transit?

The picture used in the article shows 4 people, which suggests that there are not very many people visiting at all, which is more likely closer to the truth.

• Like 2

this morning I was checked. My declared body temp was 35 (no typo), I was also checked 3 days ago at Makro ..... guess what ???? 35.2 ..... so medically speaking .... I either suffer from hypothermia or the temp scans are not really reliable or maybe not able to cope with multi controls. Anyway good luck everybody

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, decca60 said:

this morning I was checked. My declared body temp was 35 (no typo), I was also checked 3 days ago at Makro ..... guess what ???? 35.2 ..... so medically speaking .... I either suffer from hypothermia or the temp scans are not really reliable or maybe not able to cope with multi controls. Anyway good luck everybody

its  like the security checks  they had at Market  Village  Hua  Hin...........some walk thru metal detector  thing................on the GROUND floor  only, walk up 1  flight of stairs and walk straight in,  nothing there. This was  last year

2 hours ago, eeworldwide said:

What fight?

If there are no high temperatures to record and report, then there is no fight, because everything is well, right?

And why are there still THOUSANDS of tourists in transit?

The picture used in the article shows 4 people, which suggests that there are not very many people visiting at all, which is more likely closer to the truth.

Great post ???? ... especially the remark about 'transiting tourists' .... I agree, and would add there should be no movement of tourists or Thais except for essential services and direct shopping for food.

Borders should be closed for at least 2 weeks [a month more like it], government should give financial support taken from the coffers of the rich and large business to do so (junta's can do such things, just like China can tell people to lock-down and they will obey!).

A short period of stasis won't kill or destroy Thai tourism or economy (strain it yes but destroy it no).

The results of strong action by China (taken somewhat late) has seen a huge drop in infection rates in Wuhan. This might indicate that strong measures taken by the whole world will see infections rates drop through the floor after the infection period and detection of those already infected have run their cause. Sadly we see dragging of feet rather than courageous leadership by many many world leaders and their governments. 

2 hours ago, decca60 said:

On two occasions we have been to Makro both times 33.6 me and the wife both same same how come all the 10,000s of machines just apeared

5 hours ago, sometime said:

On two occasions we have been to Makro both times 33.6 me and the wife both same same how come all the 10,000s of machines just apeared

The temperature scanners were ordered before the virus broke out so they would be ready to put to use in the main event...

On 3/19/2020 at 12:07 PM, webfact said:

Pattaya fighting the virus: Thousands of tourists checked on way to Koh Larn - not one had a high temperature

What a disappointment Minister Anutin, all these "dirty farangs" in full health ...