Myanmar land borders closed

9 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

Sorry. No offence meant. Just worried if we go there tomorrow won't be let back into Thailand.

He posted that it will be open - if it does close he will post and I will let everyone here know

I'm sure it will be on the TVS page also

Edited by darrendsd
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

Sorry. No offence meant. Just worried if we go there tomorrow won't be let back into Thailand.

The best thing to do is ask a visa run / border run company that services that area.

In retrospect, I would have moved the border run date up.   But I imagine some borders would still be available for the out-in border hops.   Because this would affect other migrant workers also who use the border hop method.

Besides, how else will Thais satisfy their gambling urges.

Edited by 4evermaat

3 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

He posted that it will be open - if it does close he will post and I will let everyone here know

I'm sure it will be on the TVS page also

Just got a message from thaivisaservice that the border is closed tomorrow. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

Just got a message from thaivisaservice that the border is closed tomorrow. 

Well at that specific border it`s quite usual that your passport goes to visit Myanmar, while you stay in LOS enjoying your coffee ???? Lets see, if they find special options there sooner or later.

Edited by SpanishExpat
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SpanishExpat said:

Well at that specific border it`s quite usual that your passport goes to visit Myanmar, while you stay in LOS enjoying your coffee ???? Lets see, if they find special options there sooner or later.

At Ban Phu Nam Ron, the Myanmar and Thailand immigration get to split about 500 baht profit between them for every person they process. They have a big incentive to find a way to keep the gravy train moving if they possibly can.

All crossings to Myanmar are for all intents and purposes are closed unless you have a visa for entry.

The company going to Kanchanaburi did not go today. They are still making runs to Ban Laem to Cambodia.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

The best thing to do is ask a visa run / border run company that services that area.

In retrospect, I would have moved the border run date up.   But I imagine some borders would still be available for the out-in border hops.   Because this would affect other migrant workers also who use the border hop method.

Besides, how else will Thais satisfy their gambling urges.

Some borders are closed for foreigners only, not Thai people. 

• Haha 1