Thailand to tighten entry rules for all nationalities in virus fight

snoop1130

16 minutes ago, sammael said:

Of course there is an immunity. You can be immune to anything. That’s what antibodies are for. How do you think vaccines work?

confer immunity by subjecting the patient to attenuated virion particles or weakened virion.   

There is no vaccine.  You dont become immune by getting a case of this. You can get the flu again and again. Just like this.

14 hours ago, smedly said:

my understanding is that medical insurance now excludes COVID-19

There is NO insurance coverage for coronavirus. 

Its specifically excluded from my latest travel insurance policy..

And Australia is on a level 4 restrictions. 

I'm hopeful of getting back to Thailand day 28.

And staying there for the duration. 

My family is there.

Thai Airways are accepting bookings. 

No advice regards having a health certificate. 

Or insurance. 

(Your GP will not test you for coronavirus unless you have symptoms, and you will not be travelling then)

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, phkauf said:

Forget the details of what is required, they set the bar so high as to make it impossible. All this does is put the responsibility on someone else (the individual and airlines) so they can save face and say we didn't place a travel ban. So when this mess is over, you can bet TAT will announce Thailand NEVER had a travel ban unlike all the other countries, please come to visit us and not those bad guys.

Similar to how Thailand claims it was never colonized, but in reality every time they were confronted they just gave up land and other things (according to my Vietnamese friend it was their women).

THIS was going to be my exact comment. All face saving bs, same same never colonized. It fits their narrative but not the truth.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, flyingtlger said:

The silver lining to all this....Hopefully the Baht will tank!

Absolutely no chance.

Loads of foreign reserves, small currency that is not fully convertible and virtually zero social costs.

The UK are chucking 330 billion quid at this, US a trillion and Thailand, a few thousand baht!

They don't care one bit about the people, the tourist $$$$ are much more important for the 1%ers

Edited by Canuck1966
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dallen52 said:

There is NO insurance coverage for coronavirus. 

Its specifically excluded from my latest travel insurance policy..

And Australia is on a level 4 restrictions. 

I'm hopeful of getting back to Thailand day 28.

And staying there for the duration. 

My family is there.

Thai Airways are accepting bookings. 

No advice regards having a health certificate. 

Or insurance. 

(Your GP will not test you for coronavirus unless you have symptoms, and you will not be travelling then)

I just checked my current policy. AETNA bought in Thailand. No exclusions for pandemics, corona virus, new viruses etc. I am fully covered.

3 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

There is no vaccine.  You dont become immune by getting a case of this. You can get the flu again and again. Just like this.

Apparently you do get immune to the strain that is going around. 

Obviously these things morph but the yearly flu jabs do have an effect worldwide

So if someone goes to Vientiane, Savannakhet or Phnom Penh to get a 3 month non immigrant visa based on being married to a Thai, can you get all the paperworks needed (health insurance, covid19 test, etc) in those places directly? In order to being able to go back to Thailand through these borders?

1 minute ago, alexlm said:

So if someone goes to Vientiane, Savannakhet or Phnom Penh to get a 3 month non immigrant visa based on being married to a Thai, can you get all the paperworks needed (health insurance, covid19 test, etc) in those places directly? In order to being able to go back to Thailand through these borders?

as ever in Thailand it completely depends on the IO that greets you

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

for god sake - WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING "NEW" travel insurance policies - existing insurance is not affected 

I wish people would think before they post 

The 100K USD policy is being requested to cover COVID-19 is not for just a Travel Insurance Policy, look a little deeper.......it is as stated from the Thai Government and passed onto CAAT and the airlines that you must have a Health Insurance policy that shows minimum medical coverage of 100,00 USD in Thailand and covers the COVID-19 Disease.  Straight from what is being posted.  Please step down off of your pulpit now. Travel Insurance will not cover pandemics or epidemics.....look at the wording on some travel insurance websites.

Edited by ThailandRyan

7 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Where did you read about immunity?

Nobody has caught it twice yet. The cases where they thought it was were actually relapses 

The UK have a test that tells you if you've had it and are immune.

Health sec was talking about it on QT

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I just checked my current policy. AETNA bought in Thailand. No exclusions for pandemics, corona virus, new viruses etc. I am fully covered.

and what about your travel insurance you just arranged for your holiday

I wish people would stop posting about their medical cover "in thailand" it has no relevance to this topic

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The 100K USD policy is being requested to cover COVID-19 is not for just a Travel Insurance Policy, look a little deeper.......it is as stated from the Thai Government and passed onto CAAT and the airlines that you must have a Health Insurance policy that shows minimum medical coverage of 100,00 USD in Thailand and covers the COVID-19 Disease.  Straight from what is being posted.  Please step down off of your pulpit now. Travel Insurance will not cover pandemics or epidemics.....look at the wording on some travel insurance websites.

semantics - they are talking about travel insurance - which includes health cover but now with exclusions - one of them being COVID 19

existing policies are not affected

how many times do I need to keep saying this

• Like 1

13 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

The Civil Air Authority of Thailand has issued an official advisory to all airline operators of these new entry requirements, with specific instructions to deny boarding. Therefore, they wouldn't even make it onto the plane to begin with.
Direct Link to their guidance document:
https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/CAAT-COVID-19-Practical-Guideline-18Mar20-1.pdf

Not exactly correct. 

This document refers to the present risk countries as designated...

Outside the Kingdom of Thailand Defined as Disease Infected Zones of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID–19) Outbreak, designating the Republic of Korea, the People’s Republic of China, including Macao and Hong Kong Special Administrative Regions, the Italian Republic and the Islamic Republic of Iran as Disease Infected Zone.

I'm assuming that I can still get on a flight from Australia shortly to rejoin my family, unless something else changes and is published to the airlines. 

My booking still stands for day 28 at this point of time. 

Fingers crossed. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, smedly said:

and what about your travel insurance you just arranged for your holiday

I wish people would stop posting about their medical cover "in thailand" it has no relevance to this topic

Health Insurance covers you even if you travel. My US Policies also cover me here, and my Thai policy covers me when I go back to the US. Why would I need a travel Policy.  The Policy being requested by the Thai Government says "Health Insurance which shows Minimum Medical Coverage of 100,000 USD in THAILAND and covers COVID-19.  Please look closely Smedly

https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/CAAT-COVID-19-Practical-Guideline-18Mar20-1.pdf

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

I find it very interesting that they are insisting on this health certificate, however it is virtually impossible for a healthy person in Thailand to get tested for the virus. So they want what they won't even supply. Only sick people can get tested in Thailand.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SpanishExpat said:

Can someone for gods f***** sake tell the old man with the dyed hair, that those requirements are nothing else then a soft border close! Can`t believe they are keeping up with that medical certificate/Covid19 covered health insurance with 100k $ sh**. 99% can`t fulfill this specific requirement. So either the airlines have to block most of the few travelers left or they decide to stop flying to LOS.

I don`t care about the "loosing face" issue , but better loose the face, make a clear cut and reevaluate in 2-3 weeks. Malaysia is taking strict measures while LOS is still bullsh**** around. Whether a complete shutdown is needed or not, EVERY measure would be better now than changing the opinion multiple times per day . It`s just frustrating that there is no clear strategy in this country.

lol, and the clear strategies in all the other countries in this world are working so well.. 

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Nobody has caught it twice yet. The cases where they thought it was were actually relapses 

The UK have a test that tells you if you've had it and are immune.

Health sec was talking about it on QT

do you know what the test tests for ..................................... antibodies 

Nobody has said you will be immune - your body will be geared up to fight it and the illness will be less severe or you won't even notice it

stop this nonsense now - go do some research before posting any more of this (deleted)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1