Sixteen-day ban on tourists proposed

webfact

4 minutes ago, Vigilante said:

Can someone tell me how thais who live hand-to-mouth and rely on a daily meager income will get by once a lockdown is in order?

Needless to say they never stock up any food nor have the reserves to do it.

Asking for a friend.

They will go out and work, make little to no money and be hungry/weak.

Then get sick and die

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Sixteen day ban on tourist

This is only proposed

This statement will mean everyone  again only proposed

"Mongkolkit Suksintharanon, leader of the Thai Civilized Party, said on Friday (March 20) the aim would be to empower the Army and national police to impose a 16-day general curfew from Saturday through April 4."

Today is 20 March  

No decsion made yet

Edited by noosard
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

STILL pouring in

https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures/

I know two young guys who have just arrived from London.

No insurance and no medical papers

Not questioned at all at arrivals

They are straight off to the bars (which there are still some still open) to get drunk and shâg various women. 

I thought the med cert and insurance thing was already in place hence my previous post but it seems those requirement don't start till tomorrow.

2 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

Prayut must be salivating at the prospect of once again having total power. Deja vu for him, no? ????

All good , Gold price's  set to increase , again.

Every virus , has a siver/golden lining .

Tourist's  still visiting Thailand , really..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I have a feeling tourism in Thailand is about to end dramatically. There is absolutely no chance that any insurance company around the world is going to issue a $100,000 insurance policy that specifically covers the Corona virus and this is what the Thai government is demanding for every tourist entering g the Country on top of this everyone including Thais need a medical letter issued no longer than 72 hours prior to flying stating you are free of the virus I don’t know of any other country in the world that is demanding these draconian measures even those who have to do border runs won’t be able to re enter Thailand due to these demands. 

Just a refresher to this.

Thai Airways has updated its site.

You can still fly into Thailand. 

Reduced flights obviously. 

Medical certificate required AND a test for coronavirus completed no longer than 72 hours before the flight. 

A valid insurance policy travel insurance policy is required with 100,000 usd minimum coverage. 

NO mention of the coronavirus insurance. 

Which is almost impossible to get. 

The airline will sight this lot and allow boarding. 

Also a requirement to complete a T8 health questionnaire. 

This is what i am currently doing in order to get back to my family in Thailand day 27 Friday. 

Screenshot_20200321-105211_Thai Airways.jpg

Screenshot_20200321-105701_Thai Airways.jpg

Screenshot_20200321-105810_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

46 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

Who give them their "orders" ? 

Doubtless the same people that gave them the equipment for the database for the foreigners and told them they need to insist on TM30?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

When even the sick almost everywhere are struggling to get a COVID-19 test, this simply means there will be few (if any) tourists

That's probably what they want but they seem scared to simply close the borders for some reason.

I expect Phuket, which is still fairly busy with mainly Russians, to be practically devoid of tourists in two weeks time if they apply these rules across the board. But will they?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stouricks said:

Common sense?  A CURFEW on TOURISTS. Can they, and only they catch the virus at night time?

No, I think he is proposing a "general curfew" which will apply to everyone in Thailand.

He is also proposing that further tourists are not admitted to Thailand whilst the curfew is in place.

• Like 1

100% correct, the PM will say but who is in control of the finances, many will say if this virus isn't got under control quick the finances become all but irrelevant.

Shut towns down have strict curfews with Army supporting the police, if something is not done in the next few days it will be catastrophic for the survivors of which there will be many, and if it is the older/sick that bare the brunt who will look after the youngsters to enable there mums and dads to go off to work ?  

PM please look at other countries and there positive and negative actions and learn from them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Almer said:

100% correct, the PM will say but who is in control of the finances, many will say if this virus isn't got under control quick the finances become all but irrelevant.

Shut towns down have strict curfews with Army supporting the police, if something is not done in the next few days it will be catastrophic for the survivors of which there will be many, and if it is the older/sick that bare the brunt who will look after the youngsters to enable there mums and dads to go off to work ?  

PM please look at other countries and there positive and negative actions and learn from them.

What? Learn from a non-Thai?

Someone'll suggest learning from a non-soldier next.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

They’re not draconian, they’re common sense measures, intelligent measures. 

Why allow any foreigner into your country if they can’t prove they are ‘virus free’ and have sufficient insurance so they don’t drain the resources of the the host nation?

I can see this continuing on after the Covid-19 crisis, whereby Airlines are made accountable not only for checking the Visa Status of foreigners flying to Thailand but also the status of medical insurance. This could be the solution to the long going debate regarding insurance cover for those visiting Thailand. 

Of course, some won’t like this because insurance is expensive or they want to self insure (which is usually an excuse for thinking ’nothing will happen to me so I don’t want to pay’). 

At this time ‘Tourists’ should not be travelling anywhere anyway, regardless of any measures implemented by Thailand.

Those 'foreigners returning home’ to the families etc can do so freely, albeit with assurance of insurance and a medical certificate. In the face of a global pandemic this are extremely favourable conditions for anyone wishes to return and cares for their community. Many other nations have simply closed off their borders to anyone or implemented a quarantine at a ‘government facility’ which is not something I imagine anyone wants. 

Well man I would rather self insure honestly. Make calcs and.. insurance costs about 3000 a year. After 30 years 100k usd. I have more than that on my bank soz... I rather insure myself and invest my money than pay for an useless monthly insurance that has a million conditions to null it. As for accident insurance. Already have one as bank provides it for free just for keeping money there which I use for my daily expenses and 6 month emergency fund. 

since I’m 25. 60 years of 3000 a year, Invested in stock market over long term... is easily over 1.5m usd if not more. Pretty sure better to pay from my own pocket therefore and end with money to cover once I’m old as no1 accepts insurance for old ppl.  

Edited by Drax
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why allow any foreigner into your country if they can’t prove they are ‘virus free’ and have sufficient insurance so they don’t drain the resources of the the host nation?

Australia is covering the costs of any tourists with the virus and no insurance. Poor Thailand cannot afford to?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

Australia is covering the costs of any tourists with the virus and no insurance. Poor Thailand cannot afford to?

Thailand is perfectly equipped to look after it's wealthy friends, and tht is precisely what it will do, while steadfastly pretending that is not what it's doing.

End of story really.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nervona81732 said:

CV-19 false flag OP, there is a bigger story behind this. Stay tuned folks the planet is unraveling as we speak. This is a global 911.

....spot on Nervona. There is a huge operation going down, cloaked by this corona stuff. Who in Phuket area remembers US Marshalls, Embassy, IRS, ATF all arriving at Butt-Buddies Obama's house in Phuket, retrieving all the stolen GOLD that bahthaus Barry has sequestered there? The gold really Obama's stolen Solyndra funds. This was November-December 2018.

Mass round up of many International Criminal Gangs, made easier by all of Pattaya Bars being shuttered.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Colombia just started a similar 30 day ban but shockingly banned their citizens as well. 

It's not a bad idea as long as coupled with other measures. 

Of course foreigners already here will need to gear up for a spike in irrational xenophobia. 

I wonder as things become worse if food outlets such as Makro, Lotus and Big C will have a ban on foreigners...nothing suprises me Thai rak Thai

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Of course foreigners already here will need to gear up for a spike in irrational xenophobia.

And this is being fed by the local Puu Yai on his public address system this morning saying that any house, hotel or resort that has a foreigner come to stay must report to him. This is while there were three bus loads of city Thais come to a local resort to party on Wednesday.

Phetchabun province also under restrictions until the end of the month according to the wife.

airasia has already over the last two days cancelled all flights to Thailand from KUL
actually all flights everywhere cancelled Malaysians were not allowed to travel but foreigners yes but looks like they are here till April 1st 
there are no planes in the sky 
Thailand does not need to impose any ban like 

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:
  4 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I have a feeling tourism in Thailand is about to end dramatically. There is absolutely no chance that any insurance company around the world is going to issue a $100,000 insurance policy that specifically covers the Corona virus and this is what the Thai government is demanding for every tourist entering g the Country on top of this everyone including Thais need a medical letter issued no longer than 72 hours prior to flying stating you are free of the virus I don’t know of any other country in the world that is demanding these draconian measures even those who have to do border runs won’t be able to re enter Thailand due to these demands. 

crazykopita said you cannot get insurance 

time to go stock up booze again 

24 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Free for all nationalities in the UK too. Borrowing hand over hand to finance the costs of the outbreak whilst Thailand sits tight on its huge reserves. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1