The safest place in the world right now

Brer

A few years ago the safest place in the world if a nuclear holocaust were to occur was the far south of New Zealand’s South Island.

Right now I reckon the Falkland Islands to escape the CV if it locks down entry.

Like Laos the FI don’t have the virus.

Any other ideas?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

Antarctica, but probably not that much fun !!

High risk of getting the flu or minimum a cold because it´s so cold. And don´t forget the dangerous penguins and the melting ice.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

I am healthy, my wife and my cat too. So my house is the safest place on earth for me.

Have you locked your gate and got plenty of supplies?

Think your right.

In the end nowhere will be entirely safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

my house is a great place to be. Sure.

Yep - agree, when we had this place built 7 years ago I seriously thought that "politics" was driving us towards a world war & built with this in mind, have everything we need, apart from loo roll!

• Haha 2

The majority of the cases are in Bangkok. Increasing each day. I would not be surprised it turns into another Wuhan.

Outside of there and a short distance from another city, I think is pretty safe.

For now.

Edited by bkk6060

Safest and nicest: Svalbard.

But impossible to go:

Welcome back another time!

We’re very sorry to say that Svalbard has hit the pause button.
Svalbard and Longyearbyen is temporary closed for all but necessary travel. As of today, there are no confirmed cases of corona infection in Longyearbyen, and we want to keep it this way. Longyearbyen is a vulnerable society. We only have a small hospital with limited public health services and at the same time, we have functions that have to be maintained for the locals to be able to live here. We’re therefore forced to take all necessary precautions in order to handle this situation.

If you are one of those people that had to leave Svalbard on last night’s flight, or if you’re one of those dreaming about visiting Svalbard: Continue to dream, and please come visit our beautiful archipelago another time!

We also want to thank everyone who is helping to limit the spread of COVID-19, and for your understanding of this difficult situation. We look forward to welcoming visitors back as soon as we’re allowed to.
Stay well out there and save the hugs for later 

Best regards from the Svalbard team
https://en.visitsvalbard.com/

1 minute ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I think the safest place also depends on how you are set-up at a certain location. I feel pretty safe up north in Thailand to be honest, living 20 mins out of town too.

Perception is wonderful 

Anywhere in the countryside,in any country, with lots of food,water, guns and bullets

..and a good perimeter fence

Obviously that is only feasible in the US and a few other places where gun ownership is legal

Starving hordes are the biggest danger imo.

Im sure there are some preppers in those old missile silos who are feeling safe as the watch reruns of the Omega man and War of the worlds. But in War of the Worlds, it's a virus or bacteria that kills off the aliens who thought they were invincible. Maybe we are those aliens!