Chonburi and EEC residents urged to lower water consumption by 10%, Deputy PM

Rimmer

Chonburi and EEC residents urged to lower water consumption by 10%, Deputy PM

19-3-20-t-06-Chonburi-and-EEC-residents-

CHONBURI:- Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan has urged companies and residents within the region of the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) to lower their water consumption as the fresh water supply in the area is running low.

General Prawit together with his advisors, who included all heads of departments responsible for managing water resources, and governors of related provinces, visited Chonburion Wednesday to inspect water supplies.

After the inspection, General Prawit shared that despite some precipitation which feeds water into the region’s reservoirs, the quantity is considered low which could lead to many areas within the EEC experiencing water shortages. To combat the threat, the officials have formulated urgent plans to manage the water supply to make sure that there is sufficient water to supply all individuals and businesses until the end of the drought season.

Secretary-General of the Office of National Water Resources Dr. Somkiat Prajamwong explained further that the government has created water networks to supply water to the three major reservoirs within the region, namely Prasae Reservoir and Nong Pla Lhai Reservoir in Rayong province, and Bang Phra Reservoir in Chonburi province. The three reservoirs will circulate a water supply to nearby streams while in turn pumping water from those resources to fill the reservoirs.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/business/chonburi-and-eec-residents-urged-to-lower-water-consumption-by-10-deputy-pm-291769

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2020-03-22—

• Haha 1

Yeah. No water for three days now here in South Pattaya. So they decided it's a good idea to put the Chinese whip&caning corridor in an area that has the least rains in the country and very few reservoirs. The water will go to industries instead of people. Let us all suck pennies to rid of the thirst then. %¤!"#!s.

• Like 1

Here in North Pattaya (Banglamung) water pressure at night is very low ,in fact it doesnt reach upstairs ,unless we use our pump , but driving home today i noticed a truck watering all the grass etc on Sukhumvit ,shortage? what shortage?

PS the wife is out watering the grass now ,but keep it to yourself.

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

Here in North Pattaya (Banglamung) water pressure at night is very low ,in fact it doesnt reach upstairs ,unless we use our pump , but driving home today i noticed a truck watering all the grass etc on Sukhumvit ,shortage? what shortage?

Maprachan reservoir is under the dead level, meaning they can't pump water out. But I suppose they can drive there with tankers and suck some out. Still not very clever to waste it on non-edible plants.

11 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

I am in Banglamung/ North area and it appears the water gets turned off at nighttime. Usually back on in time for my Mrs to water her garden with the  hose. 

On 3/24/2020 at 5:14 AM, jacko45k said:

I am in Banglamung/ North area and it appears the water gets turned off at nighttime. Usually back on in time for my Mrs to water her garden with the  hose. 

it never seems to go off downstairs just low pressure,not enough to get upstairs .