Emirates grounded from Wednesday

RubbaJohnny

Emirates Airlines announced it will suspend all passenger flights from March 25.

One of the few that checked thru from CNX-LHR along with Oman and Etihad

Details in linky

https://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/emirates-airlines-to-suspend-passenger-operations-from-march-25-to-retain-cargo-flights-1.1584885204191

• Haha 1

Lufthansa's reduced schedule down to 3 x a week from Bangkok.

Long-haul flights are offered as scheduled from Frankfurt and Zurich. Lufthansa’s intercontinental flight schedule from Frankfurt is as follows: three times a week to Newark, Chicago (both USA), Montreal (Canada), Sao Paulo (Brazil), Bangkok (Thailand), Tokyo (Japan) and Johannesburg (South Africa).

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufthansa-group/lufthansa-group-publishes-flight-schedule-for-returnees/

Just checked Emirates no availbility from bangkok after 24th 

23rd single 103,00o baht.

Outbound

BKK - LON

Economy

Monday

23 March

Tuesday

24 March

Wednesday

25 March

Thursday

26 March

Friday

27 March

Saturday

28 March

Sunday

29 March

Not applicableOutbound on Monday 23 of March Not applicable

fromTHB 103,260Lowest price

Outbound on Tuesday 24 of March. Lowest PriceWe couldn`t find availability in Economy Class for the dates you selected. We’ve provided a flight fare for the same journey in First Class.THB 103,260

Not applicableOutbound on Wednesday 25 of March Not applicableNot applicableOutbound on Thursday 26 of March Not applicableNot applicableOutbound on Friday 27 of March Not applicableNot applicableOutbound on Saturday 28 of March Not applicableNot applicableOutbound on Sunday 29 of March Not applicable

1 minute ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Thanks for heads up, seems another case of mixed messages.

Your link as mine says freight continues

Yup. about half way down the page it indicates passenger + freight, after government pressure. No doubt only limited services and for a limited time frame.

Plus a Guardian article.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/mar/22/coronavirus-news-coronavirus-live-updates-deaths-uk-italy-lockdown-spain-us-new-york-south-america

• Like 1

Latest 

BREAKING NEWS

AIRLINES

Emirates Airline steps back from suspending all passenger flights after lobbying from governments

PUBLISHED SUN, MAR 22 20209:48 AM EDTUPDATED 21 MIN AGO
KEY POINTS
  • Emirates Group said in a statement Sunday that it will not cut jobs, but will implement a temporary reduction in basic salary for the majority of its employees for three months, ranging from 25% to 50%.
  • Emirates is the world’s largest A380 operator, and top-five largest airline in terms of passenger and freight ton kilometers flown.
  • Globally, major airlines are slashing services as demand screeches to a halt while people are urged to stay at home and self-isolate to slow the spread of the virus.
  • American Airlines last week announced a 75% cut to its operations, while United plans to cut 90% of international services scheduled for April.

GP: Emirates Airlines A380

An Airbus A380-800 passenger plane of the Emirates Airlines at Moscow’s Domodedovo Airport.
Mikhail Tereshchenko | TASS | Getty Images

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Dubai-based Emirates Airline has stepped back from its initial move Sunday to suspend all passenger flights due to the coronavirus crisis after facing pressure from governments.

Instead, it will temporarily suspend “most” passenger flights by March 25 , with flights still operating to several destinations based on demand and border accessibility. 

“Having receiving requests from governments and customers to support the repatriation of travellers, Emirates will continue to operate passenger and cargo flights to the following countries until further notice, as long as borders remain open, and there is demand: the UK, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Japan, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, USA, and Canada,” a company statement said Sunday.

“The situation remains dynamic, and travellers can check flight status on emirates.com.”

Seems as organised as local junta , doesn't give much confidence

• Like 1

Damn I'm lucky!

Only Sunday I changed my flight back to UK to 25th to later be told by a mate that they were cancelled. 

Now it seems the cancellation is postponed - never did I think i'd be so glad to leave Thailand!!! 

Now......can I hold my breath for 3 days in case they change their minds again? ????

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

I just raced to the Emirates Office* because they were closed all weekend, and for me it wasn't clear on their website if my 'travel voucher' would incur fees. 

Anyway, as of today, the office is closed until further notice.

https://goo.gl/maps/miWKUtF7yrCWsVad9

I live in Nonthaburi, and made a special journey. Luckily there was very little traffic for a Monday morning at 8am.

I will give it a couple of days in the hope Emirates cancel my flight, with should strengthen my claim. 

90794067_2579235392334673_221090493897900032_n.jpg

9 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Just checked Emirates no availbility from bangkok after 24th 

23rd single 103,00o baht.

Outbound

BKK - LON

Economy

Monday

23 March

Tuesday

24 March

Wednesday

25 March

Thursday

26 March

Friday

27 March

Saturday

28 March

Sunday

29 March

Not applicableOutbound on Monday 23 of March Not applicable

fromTHB 103,260Lowest price

Outbound on Tuesday 24 of March. Lowest PriceWe couldn`t find availability in Economy Class for the dates you selected. We’ve provided a flight fare for the same journey in First Class.THB 103,260

Not applicableOutbound on Wednesday 25 of March Not applicableNot applicableOutbound on Thursday 26 of March Not applicableNot applicableOutbound on Friday 27 of March Not applicableNot applicableOutbound on Saturday 28 of March Not applicableNot applicableOutbound on Sunday 29 of March Not applicable

Robbing Bar Stools. 

Although it is very inconvenient for all it is inevtable.

Until the something like a world regime- UN is the world government each state/company will do what it think best.Even then conditions, staffing , health conditions will vary with climate etc.

My travel is for leisure to visit friends and family, must be tough for those who travel for work or famly wedding/funeral job interviews etc.

Rich nations may bail ot their airlines, while state carriers are often a sinecure for government employees here Greece etc.

However commercial firms like Vietjet , Nok,Lion and Air Asia may never recover.

Sure/ can lay off or sack pilots, not pay tax, landing slots but there's a lot of cash in leasing or amortisation of those planes.It's like a ship they need to earn their keep.

The shipping,insurance, container industries may be as hard hit as tourism and hospitatlity.

Also going to really hhit Boeing who were already in mire over the crashes.Cannot imagine many options to buy be converted.

Edited by RubbaJohnny

1 hour ago, treetops said:

Flights off again by order of UAE government.

Looks like I spoke too soon! (#8)

As of today, Emirates has nothing to UK via Dubai before the UAE govt ban kicks in

Even First  is on Standby.

Hmmmmm....now what to do, I wonder.

Edited by VBF

18 hours ago, dabhand said:

Emirates have now rolled back some of the suspensions, including flights to UK / Thailand and a few other destinations.

https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/the-emirates-groups-business-response-to-covid-19-updated/

They originally rolled it back on Sunday after outside pressure, but I just got a mail from them saying my March 31st ticket to Dubai has been cancelled. 'We are sorry, your flight EK0373 to Dubai (DXB) on 31 Mar 2020 has been cancelled. For further queries on booking reference xxxxxxx, please contact your travel agent only.'

Now it's on Expedia..

12 hours ago, andy said:

I hope they offer extensions to people in their Skywards membership program.  I dropped down from Gold to Silver a few months ago, and probably won't retain Silver due to COVID 19.  I've flown lots of long haul with them over the past 5+ years, and the perks like lounge access that you get when you have status in the program make a huge difference on those long connecting flights.

They already have for some.

Skywards Silver, Gold and Platinum members with a tier review date between March 2020 and June 2020 who are unable to retain their existing tier will have their current tier status extended until 30 September 2020.

https://www.emirates.com/english/help/covid-19/