Automatic coronavirus crisis extentions for Retirees?

hello, 

Why are you sick, unable to walk, move or get out of your house?
If this is the case, a certificate from a doctor proving your general condition which is disabling and dangerous for those around you will be drawn up.

• Confused 7
  • Sad 6

34 minutes ago, Bramley said:

Would be an ideal time to convert to an online/mobile system like the TM47 and TM30, both of which (finally) work well.

Certainly the epidemic is a good use of doing this online but only yesterday I saw yet another thread about the online system not working for someone. 

• Like 1

hello, post 9,

I agree with you, but do we have to confine them, when it is these same old people who circulate in the streets (as I have just seen in my moment in my street) who are seated in restaurants, cafes, walking on the beach or basking in the sun.
Well, yes, they are perfectly healthy and young for leisure, but to wait in administrative services, they are old and sick.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

That would be nice, Just extended mine last Thursday and put on the face mask and went. Got there Uthai Thani IO had two officers working and no other customers so I was only there less than 30 minutes. Toke off the mask twice. One for the normal picture and again for the bio-metric picture. Also had to do the full finger scan for both hands on a reader that I doubt has ever been cleaned,Wife had hand alcohol spray so that wasn't a big deal.  But when I walked in both officers put on their mask.

tool off 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Martyp said:

Certainly the epidemic is a good use of doing this online but only yesterday I saw yet another thread about the online system not working for someone. 

Yeah I don't expect this to happen ... they can't even track within their own departments ... Get a new passport and you can't do 90day reporting online anymore unless you leave the country as border immigration and immigration offices don't seem to be on the same servers.

• Thanks 1

The Government continues to try and tie all infection to contact with a foreigner.  By forcing them to all gather in an immigration office , often for a whole day, They can ensure that all foreigners are infected.  They can then continue to blame all infections of the foreigner.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sirocco said:

hello, 

Why are you sick, unable to walk, move or get out of your house?
If this is the case, a certificate from a doctor proving your general condition which is disabling and dangerous for those around you will be drawn up.

what doctor does home visits in Thailand ?lol

in my home country, every doctor for a small fee

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Dear Toany,
I read and understood his message very well.
This person requests to be exempted from a trip to immigration, to extend his retirement, highlighting his advanced age. (it is retirement in question and not 90 days, we agree, because under these conditions, he is not obliged to travel))
Hence my question if he had health problems, in which case he could have a waiver or an arrangement.
I have been doing immigration offices in Hua Hin for over 10 years, and I haven't spent a day waiting, at most 2 hours.
And yet the employees are friendly. I could strive to stay longer.
As the worker no longer shows up, he must have realized his blunder.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

I never said that the doctor came to his home, he can very well be transported by taxi or by ambulance, like my neighbor thai who cannot move.
In my country, we also pay the doctor who comes home.

If you allow it (or not) I will finish my masks.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The OP has himself stated that it is for a 30 day extension. It is not a 90 day report or the lodgement of a TM30 and all extensions require the application to be made in person so that his photo and fingerprints can be taken. For an extension OP you are required to attend at the office. Anyone who thinks that they can apply for any visa in any country in the world without attending at the office at some stage is living in a dreamworld or they are just lazy. You cannot do biometrics online.

• Confused 3

On 3/23/2020 at 7:59 AM, Martyp said:

As long as the Immigration employees are willing to go to work they are going to expect you to come in to comply with Immigration requirements. 

It would make their own lives considerably easier if PR were granted to all long term residents after say 3 trouble-free years in the Kingdom on the same (Married, Ret'd, Other?) extn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/23/2020 at 3:08 PM, fittobethaied said:

The whole point of coming into the office versus making it easier by internet is so they can have a captive audience with you and find something wrong so that they can extract money from your back pocket. It's all about them and they could care less about your convenience. Once you are there face to face they can size up your degree of ignorance, naivety, gullibility and desperation. They are masters at preying on the weak in the herd!

I have not found this to be the case at all. Yes, we sometimes have to jump through hoops.

I have lived in Thailand for the last 20 years and only once was I asked for a 'priority' fee. It was for my first visa extension. I politely declined, got up and walked out.

IO asked where I was going.

To a visa agent I said.

But they are more expensive than me was his retort.

Yes, said I. But that fee is legal.

I have not had any issues with immigration officers since.

To put this in perspective, I run a small business and have had a work permit for the last 18 years. I do not have a retirement visa and I stopped the border bounces many years ago, once I had enough employees.

I guess that every immigration office is different. I use the one in Samui

Edited by Tropicalevo