Bang Saen: Police move in to discourage people congregating at the beach

webfact

Bang Saen: Police move in to discourage people congregating at the beach

3sanook.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that the police and the local authority moved to stop people congregating at Won Napha and Bang Saen beaches in Chonburi amid fears that it would encourage the spread of the coronavirus. 

Social media was awash with negative comments on Saturday night after pictures showed crowds on mats close together at the beach. 

Last night the Saensuk police, protection agencies and municipal staff set up a checkpoint and urged people not to gather there. 

Sanook said that what few people there were were sitting well apart on Sunday. 

Traders in the area complained that their businesses were going down the pan. 

One female trader called Jae-pew, 55, said she might have to turn to loan sharks to pay her rent and children's tuition fees. 

She called on the authorities to tell traders about bans in advance so they can plan accordingly. 

As it was, things are just getting worse and worse for traders reported the media. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-23
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Social media was awash with negative comments on Saturday night after pictures showed crowds on mats close together at the beach.

Thailands in for a shock... these people just don't get the message.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Were all going to die.......Help........I am going to be hiding under my blanket...

As quote by a leading doctor:

He said that prior to this month Thailand was only affected by a milder strain of the virus. But now the strain that has devastated Italy and overwhelmed medical services there has arrived in Thailand.

Hence the sudden surge in numbers starting from the boxing match where the "super spreader" infected many people after being infected himself after contact from a friend returning from Italy.

In your bed for the next month is possibly your best option.

I've only been to Bang Saen three times and found it to be a pretty lawless place with tearaways racing up & down the main drag at all hours.  I never saw one policeman tho' I only went at weekends when Thai police don't work all over the country.