How is inter provincial travel now?

South

We are up in the north, the Mrs is from down south - we are thinking of closing our business down for a few weeks and heading/staying in the south for that time. Any problems that you know of? Will be driving if that makes a difference.

my wife is driving to Bangkok this weekend to pick up our daughter from uni, we are in Surat Thani. Her aunt and cousin are going with her to drop their niece off at her parents home in Bangkok, this is the only way our daughter can get back here as her flight was cancelled and she needs to be here to start in the local hospital for her internship, hopefully there wont be a problem 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seajae said:

my wife is driving to Bangkok this weekend to pick up our daughter from uni, we are in Surat Thani. Her aunt and cousin are going with her to drop their niece off at her parents home in Bangkok, this is the only way our daughter can get back here as her flight was cancelled and she needs to be here to start in the local hospital for her internship, hopefully there wont be a problem 

Looks like they might be closing Bangkok in two days. I think they didn't define the details yet, but she might have to think about an alternative plan (for example going right now)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steve2112 said:

is there any check that you are self quarantine? probably not, how can the police check everyone

There's a thread in where a foreigner got caught and fined 20k 

That said he was daft enough to load the tracking App on his phone (ok probably required to) . But then he took his phone with him when he went a-roamin' in the gloamin' "The "Buriram Healthy Passport" application showed his movements."

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Crossy said:

No restrictions at present - But things can change very rapidly, I wouldn't delay too long and risk getting stuck half way.

If you were going to use public transport I would class as "unwise", but driving should be no issue other than the distance.

Take care.

And how quickly.

Wait for details about the state of emergency (from 26 March) that should come out tonight.

PM reported as saying today:

“Do not return to your home provinces, or you will face penalties. There will be checkpoints along the way. Please do home quarantine." 

Have also started to see reports that some provinces are stopping and checking those entering the province already.  

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

There's a thread in where a foreigner got caught and fined 20k 

That said he was daft enough to load the tracking App on his phone (ok probably required to) . But then he took his phone with him when he went a-roamin' in the gloamin' "The "Buriram Healthy Passport" application showed his movements."

Dude was a dumbass.  No shortage of stupidity in the world.

2 hours ago, ToddinChonburi said:

This is a complete joke,  Jomtein beach is full of people and so are the roads.

You're just another whiner. Pattaya incl Jomtien Beach is not considered a high risk area,hence, it's not closed. There has to be more space between the beach chairs and beds, though. And you're not supposed to stay at the beach 8pm-6am = no partying night time. 

6 hours ago, jackdd said:

Looks like they might be closing Bangkok in two days. I think they didn't define the details yet, but she might have to think about an alternative plan (for example going right now)

yep, wife came over to our land while I was watering all the trees and got my car to drive to Bangkok tonight, said the pm has said no travelling  after the 26th 

i read the question And some of the responses and I’m struck by the complete lack of care and social responsibility of some of the respondents.

I ask myself what in the world are you thinking of travelling anywhere for!!!

your daughter needs you to advise her of hers and your duty to protect others not just think of what you plan you want you think!!!

Does no one hear the warnings about this pandemic???????????

Restrict travel unless absolutely necessary!!!!!!!!!

what has quelled infection and death rates is shutdown and quarantine NOT travel.

An internship at a hospital is not a valid reason to travel in my eyes. Quarantine for at LEAST 14 days upon return stops or at best delays any internship anyway.

To think of going to a hospital as a worker after being in a zone of infection is insane !!!!

If the young woman was a qualified nurse or doctor then maybe that would be a good reason to go after safety protocols were observed.

if you happen to bring it into your neighbourhood and people die then what??????

if you insist on doing the drive and ignoring directives do it in as isolated way as possible, avoid contact with others, take food don’t stop to eat, take gas if you can, if you stop for gas do so in an isolated empty station n stay well clear of staff.

Go straight to the home where your daughter is, avoid close contact with those there, make sure you both wear masks the entire time, and when in the car together, return home in the same isolating way, self quarantine the whole household once you and your daughter arrive home for at least 14 days.

11 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

i read the question And some of the responses and I’m struck by the complete lack of care and social responsibility of some of the respondents.

I ask myself what in the world are you thinking of travelling anywhere for!!!

your daughter needs you to advise her of hers and your duty to protect others not just think of what you plan you want you think!!!

Does no one hear the warnings about this pandemic???????????

Restrict travel unless absolutely necessary!!!!!!!!!

what has quelled infection and death rates is shutdown and quarantine NOT travel.

An internship at a hospital is not a valid reason to travel in my eyes. Quarantine for at LEAST 14 days upon return stops or at best delays any internship anyway.

To think of going to a hospital as a worker after being in a zone of infection is insane !!!!

If the young woman was a qualified nurse or doctor then maybe that would be a good reason to go after safety protocols were observed.

if you happen to bring it into your neighbourhood and people die then what??????

if you insist on doing the drive and ignoring directives do it in as isolated way as possible, avoid contact with others, take food don’t stop to eat, take gas if you can, if you stop for gas do so in an isolated empty station n stay well clear of staff.

Go straight to the home where your daughter is, avoid close contact with those there, make sure you both wear masks the entire time, and when in the car together, return home in the same isolating way, self quarantine the whole household once you and your daughter arrive home for at least 14 days.

She has been staying in her room for the last 2 weeks and has had tests done, she is negative, she will be picked up today along with all her things and brought back home and will then practice social distancing from me(I did not go) same as my wife will for another 2 weeks just to be safe. You cannot catch covid 19 from driving, you are in an enclosed area and as long as you do not interact with anyone else you are fine, suggest you take some relaxants/have a drink and calm down, we are not stupid and worked out how to do this safely, having her cleared of the virus was the first thing we did before organizing the pick up, seems some people are really over reacting, common sense tells you what you can and cannot do safely, she is getting to the stage where she is unable to get food brought in to her dorm plus it will be shutting down soon, she has no transport or another place to stay and has to rely on others to get anything to eat, then again we could always leave her there let her go without food so you dont have a melt down, grow a brain, not everyone is stupid and does things without thinking. Knew there would have to be some idiots in here that are incapable of rational thought and for those travelling, wife called me this morning and said the roads are deserted, drive up was good and she will be back later today, she is also wearing a mask and putting on gloves when she leaves the car

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1