Face Mask

roger101

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pharmacy on Soi Diana, just before Subway, prices 20 baht upwards

I thought that you were telling people who aren't infected, to not wear one.

Though I understand what you were trying to state and that is the N95 masks should be used for the front-line medical staff. Whereas the general public can use lesser facial coverings for daya to day use.

The problem is that you make it sound as if the public should not protect themselves at all and that is dangerous.

Everyone should cover the faces as amply as possible and sterilise their facial coverings every day.

6 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

I thought that you were telling people who aren't infected, to not wear one.

Though I understand what you were trying to state and that is the N95 masks should be used for the front-line medical staff. Whereas the general public can use lesser facial coverings for daya to day use.

The problem is that you make it sound as if the public should not protect themselves at all and that is dangerous.

Everyone should cover the faces as amply as possible and sterilise their facial coverings every day.

He doesn't care whether it works or not, I'm only using mine if i get symptoms or they stupidly make it compulsory

Edited by scubascuba3

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

He doesn't care whether it works or not, I'm only using mine if i get symptoms or they stupidly make it compulsory

Everyone should wear a mask for the sake of others, to not infect them. It also give the public surrounding you a little peace of mind, or are you indifferent to that?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, albertik said:

Everyone should wear a mask for the sake of others, to not infect them. It also give the public surrounding you a little peace of mind, or are you indifferent to that?

It's impossible to get a supply of quality masks because people are wearing them who shouldn't be

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's impossible to get a supply of quality masks because people are wearing them who shouldn't be

It is quite possible to get a mask. There are plenty of entrepreneurs out there, even in my small village.

The general populace will be more accepting of you if you make an effort.  I agree that the quality might be substandard, however , a little protection is better than none at all. Think of others 1st. Be empathetic. BTW... how do you know that others are wearing them that don't need them?

Edited by albertik

7 minutes ago, albertik said:

It is quite possible to get a mask. There are plenty of entrepreneurs out there, even in my small village.

The general populace will be more accepting of you if you make an effort.  I agree that the quality might be substandard, however , a little protection is better than none at all. Think of others 1st. Be empathetic. BTW... how do you know that others are wearing them that don't need them?

"The general populace will be more accepting of you if you make an effort"

So if they are stupid i should be stupid too? no thanks. I'm only wearing one if i get symptoms

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

So if they are stupid i should be stupid too? no thanks. I'm only wearing one if i get symptoms

Like I said before... a little protection is better than none at all.  But... Up to you. Best not to denigrate others.

Think about that!

4 minutes ago, champers said:

I have not worn one yet. I am due to do my 90 day report at Jomtien in 3 weeks and will wear one then because I feel uneasy for the staff there as well as myself amongst other people. 

Be sure that your last will and testament is up-to-date, too, lol. The thought of going in there under the present circumstances sends shivers down my spine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Be sure that your last will and testament is up-to-date, too, lol. The thought of going in there under the present circumstances sends shivers down my spine.

Hopefully, Immigration offices will end up being closed temporarily.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, albertik said:

Picked up some entrees at our local khao gaeng this morning. Everyone was wearing masks. That is until just as we were leaving.

Some 60-something bare big-faced, wearing shorts, and an undershirt to show of his sexy skin, single gold chain dangling, came riding in on his scooter, with his 20 something sugar-babe on the back. His stopped his little scooter, in front of the pots, wiped his nose a couple times with his hand, then proceeded to open all the pots for a look-see. The sisters told him to back off!

These stud muffins are why the masks will probably become mandatory. 

Edited by Curt1591
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, albertik said:

Arrived today. 50 pieces for 1000 Baht.

Made in Vietnam!!!

Daughter is member of the village health scheme and they ordered it one month ago!

20200324_171030.jpg

2 hours ago, albertik said:

This morning at the village market. 100% carrying masks.

A guy in uniform with a megaphone reminded about Covid and the "need" to carry masks.

Very unusual scene.

Like it or not, find it useful or not: wear a mask in public!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

How do you understand this?  Are health workers somehow more apt to get the virus than I am if we were in the same situation and location?  Are we non-health workers somehow immune more than they are.

Use your brains people and think with them.

Edited by Chrysaora

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Will you wear one if you get infected and remain asymptomatic for the standard 2-14 days incubation?

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

See WHO, CDC and NHS for answer

Why, I asked you what you would do, and you also said 

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm only using mine if i get symptoms or they stupidly make it compulsory

It would seem wiser too make use of the masks you have if there is a possibility of being infected. (Perhaps caused by not wearing a mask). 

Just now, jacko45k said:

Why, I asked you what you would do, and you also said 

It would seem wiser too make use of the masks you have if there is a possibility of being infected. (Perhaps caused by not wearing a mask). 

Nope those cheap masks won't stop you getting it. Apparently you you need N99 masks for that so most likely your mask is useless also but makes you feel like you're protected

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nope those cheap masks won't stop you getting it. Apparently you you need N99 masks for that so most likely your mask is useless also but makes you feel like you're protected

This seems to contradict you.....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/23/can-a-face-mask-protect-me-from-coronavirus-covid-19-myths-busted

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I haven't read it but the problem is it's difficult to get quality masks because of the over use of masks from people who shouldn't be wearing them who probably panic bought

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You are a guest in this country, perhaps you should try to act like it, not to wear a face mask in this situation show the thai people how little you care. It harms all other farangs.

• Like 2