Covid-19 alert: If you were at any of these places, contact officials

snoop1130

14 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Wow, I guess some million people will contact the officials now. 

Uh yeah a lot of us reading this live in those provinces. I live in one of them and regardless that’s a huge portion of the entire country lol so if you’ve been pretty much anywhere in Thailand apparently they wanna know. 

Edited by JimLuce

Nakhon Ratchasima

9. Live boxing in Kutchik subdistrict (March 8, from 12am to 8pm);

10. Cockfight stadium in Non-Thai district (March 8, from 11am to 8pm);”

I guess we’re ok I didn’t even know this place existed. Hmm. Cock Fighting Jesus Christ is that actually a thing in Thailand like as they do in Mexico? I never knew that. 

Edited by JimLuce

11 hours ago, CLW said:

6 March - TDERM pub Thonglor 
9-13 March - Study at Kasetsart: Study at SCL Building, LH 4 Faculty of Fisheries

13 March - Superhit kasetnawamin 14 March  - Central Chaengwattana shopping mall
Superhit pub kasetnawamin 
Condo Elio Phahonyothin 34 
15 March - Chang Chui market
16 March Central Rama 9 shopping mall 
17 March superhit kasetnawamin 
19 March - Bang Pakok Hospital 9

1585062418483.jpg

Thats very detailed ?? Are you infected and you want people to know where you've been ?? 

13 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

What's your point?  Most of the places are very specific in terms of venue and time.  Out of that list you have picked the two where they have cast the net wider.  Again, what point are you trying to make?

Seems to mee they are trying to be proactive and have narrowed down some infections to these locations / times and are therefore trying to trace anyone who might be at risk.

Why the sneering attitude to that?

Night restaurants and entertainment venues in bkk is too wide a definition to be useful.

some others are very specific, but people at those places have had many days to go to other places, which therefore should also be on the list.

this approach to contact tracing might have worked at the very beginning, but back then not even the town was detailed when cases were announced.  Unfortunately the virus will now be too widespread for rifleshot contact tracing to be effective.

without wishing to sneer, the authorities in Thailand are behind the curve, although by no means the only government in that position.

• Like 1

Breaking "News"

Everyone is going to get exposed. Perhaps 50% already have.

Only a few will developed acute symptoms and a small percentage of those will die.

In a month of two it will all over. 

My opinion: 

A nothingburger epidemic, whose greatest casualty is people's financial wellbeing . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Thats very detailed ?? Are you infected and you want people to know where you've been ?? 

Rest assured, it's not me.

The study time is from the students timetable. Another visits during leisure time either remembered, put together from own social accounts or the most amazing thing I've discovered by myself, Google maps background tracking. They call it timeline. Shows exactly where you've been

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, George Aylesham said:

And the Thais are doing a damn sight better than Britain which is doing nothing to trace contacts. It hasn't even stopped inward flights!

And Australia has now stopped outbound,in the event a resident will leave and return as a risk! I reckon that’s way too extreme ?

11 hours ago, djayz said:

Get off your high horse! That was not a bash! Yes, I complement them in being much more specific in the other points on their list, but, "Night restaurants and entertainment venues (March 9-10)" in BKK is very, very vague. So more specifics, such as restaurants in which part of the city or what kind of restaurants would have helped to narrow the list down. 

Millions of people probably ate out in BKK on 9th and 10th March. Is every single customer expected to contact the authorities?

If you look back through the comments, you'll see that a few others have had the same idea. 

Go back to sleep Joseph. 

Also, why only 9th and 10th March at night restaurants and entertainment venues? Did those places not have staff who turned up on every other day and get infected and/or infect customers?

you see, that’s how contact tracing works. You follow the trail contact by contact until you reach the present day. But in this case, even the very specific locations, are very old. Tracing people from them and then tracing everybody they contact and everybody those people contact, soon becomes impossible. Contact tracing is only feasible if it’s timely

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chrysaora said:

They have a cock fighting stadium?  Disgusting.

Really ?? They are everywhere in Thailand maybe not 'stadiums"  but cock fighting rings known colloquially as 'chicken boxing' normally on a Sunday with huge bets placed. But yeh Disgusting.  

So 2-3 weeks old stuff, thousands of people having time to go hundreds of places around Thailand, potentially having thousands of people who have also visited tens of places potentially having hundreds of people during last 1-2 weeks. Not sure about my math but looks big number? 

2 hours ago, Olmate said:
2 hours ago, royalmice said:

it does not clearly say which officials you need to contact, or how to contact them.

Take a wild guess Sherlock!

Errrr Land office, NO? Errrr Transport office, NO? ah let me have another think, now who would i contact about a medical problem   DOH !

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, George Aylesham said:

And the Thais are doing a damn sight better than Britain which is doing nothing to trace contacts. It hasn't even stopped inward flights!

That is because at this stage , tracing is a complete waste of time. Thailand is simply lagging behind.

The UK has intoduced punitive social interaction policies and made a massive financial commitment to enable them.

The Thais have aped the UK ( and others) but proposed zilch in compensation for the workers and businesses that will suffer.

I know which model I prefer.

Edited by joecoolfrog