Germany treats first Italians as coronavirus care crosses borders

webfact

6 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

So where are you EU-naysayers now?

Nothing to do with it, its called humanity.

Good try though, although also a cheap shot to try and drag Brexit up during a pandemic.

Edited by sungod
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Germany's health care is not FREE so I will hold off the praise for a few seconds. I hope for Germany's people's sake this is not greed dressed up as help. If they are giving the treatment for free we'll done Germany however as I have a sneeky suspension it involves money then not so much..... Hope this doesn't back fire on the German people. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

Germany's health care is not FREE so I will hold off the praise for a few seconds. I hope for Germany's people's sake this is not greed dressed up as help. If they are giving the treatment for free we'll done Germany however as I have a sneeky suspension it involves money then not so much..... Hope this doesn't back fire on the German people. 

Well, precisely because it's not free somebody should pay for it.

I strongly suspect it will be the German taxpayer.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, sungod said:

Nothing to do with it, its called humanity.

Good try though, although also a cheap shot to try and drag Brexit up during a pandemic.

The reason I’ve posted that was because when they’ve posted the article that said that Germany didn’t give any face masks to Italy the forum was littered with posts by Brexiteers saying how this was the end of the EU, so where are they know?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Germany are not the EU (although some might argue they are!). This is a good gesture from the Germans while they have the capacity. 

The German death rate from C19 is still unbelievably low. Some experts suggest this is due to the aggressive testing regime in Germany, meaning that the number of reported infections is higher. Most other countries are not including healthy low risk people with the virus, because they are not being tested. I think this explains it ????

The reason I’ve posted that was because when they’ve posted the article that said that Germany didn’t give any face masks to Italy the forum was littered with posts by Brexiteers saying how this was the end of the EU. Not one of the posts anything positive about this now. Hence the question, where are they now? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

The reason I’ve posted that was because when they’ve posted the article that said that Germany didn’t give any face masks to Italy the forum was littered with posts by Brexiteers saying how this was the end of the EU. Not one of the posts anything positive about this now. Hence the question, where are they now? 

The Facemasks ?

They are in Italy 

• Haha 1

BERLIN/MANNHEIM, Germany (Reuters) - German hospitals with spare capacity on Tuesday welcomed their first coronavirus patients from Italy, where an overwhelmed health care system has seen the pandemic kill more people than in any other country. 

Will Germans now seek help in Italy?

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Germany are not the EU (although some might argue they are!). This is a good gesture from the Germans while they have the capacity. 

The German death rate from C19 is still unbelievably low. Some experts suggest this is due to the aggressive testing regime in Germany, meaning that the number of reported infections is higher. Most other countries are not including healthy low risk people with the virus, because they are not being tested. I think this explains it ????

I beg your pardon. Germany IS THE # one Euro country that pays the most for other countries after the UK ran away.

If Germany wouldn't exist, there wouldn't be an EU. 

What do you mean by while they have the capacity?

Do you think that Germany won't survive the Brexit? It's time for a Gexit now. 

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

I beg your pardon. Germany IS THE # one Euro country that pays the most for other countries after the UK ran away.

If Germany wouldn't exist, there wouldn't be an EU. 

What do you mean by while they have the capacity?

Do you think that Germany won't survive the Brexit? It's time for a Gexit now. 

What I mean is Germany currently have some capacity, but they won't once the number of seriously ill German patients rises. 

My other point was that a decision made by Germany is not a decision from the EU, as was suggested by the person I responded to. 

i'm not really sure where you're going with your other comments ????

2 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

The reason I’ve posted that was because when they’ve posted the article that said that Germany didn’t give any face masks to Italy the forum was littered with posts by Brexiteers saying how this was the end of the EU, so where are they know?

Fair one, maybe put it into context next time?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Germany has 27,000 confirmed coronavirus cases but only 114 deaths

german sceintists are pazzled with germany's low death rate.

i was reading about it, and it is a mystery !!

the virus got to germany same time it got to italy, and look at the difference

in numbers !!

10 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

What I mean is Germany currently have some capacity, but they won't once the number of seriously ill German patients rises. 

My other point was that a decision made by Germany is not a decision from the EU, as was suggested by the person I responded to. 

i'm not really sure where you're going with your other comments ????

I’ve never suggested that this was a decision by the EU. Just as much as not giving any face masks to Italy wasn’t a decision by the EU, yet loads of Brexiteers were posting that that marked the beginning of the end of the EU. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

german sceintists are pazzled with germany's low death rate.

i was reading about it, and it is a mystery !!

the virus got to germany same time it got to italy, and look at the difference

in numbers !!

The biggest reason for the difference, infectious disease experts say, is Germany’s work in the early days of its outbreak to track, test and contain infection clusters. That means Germany has a truer picture of the size of its outbreak than places that test only the obviously symptomatic, most seriously ill or highest-risk patients.

“At the beginning, when we had relatively few cases, when it came to finding and isolating them, we did quite well in Germany,” said Reinhard Busse, head of the department of health care management at the Berlin University of Technology. “That’s the major reason.”

Other factors such as age of the infected and the timing of Germany’s outbreak, also play a role in the differing death rates, but testing has been widely key.

As of the writing of this post the fatality rate in Germany has been 206. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

A handful of patients  for show. As the Germans said, they will use the patients as a learning experience to prepare.  Hardly anything spectacular.

I doubt that it was for show! Not giving any masks wasn’t spectacular either. 

• Like 1

Germany has a history of pioneering work in medical research.

It is no accident that Trump desperately wanted to buy a German company, Curevac, and move it to the US.

The strength of the German medical establishment is a blessing that has already benefitted the whole world and will continue to benefit the world.

Do the Germans get any thanks, no, but they're used to that. They will just keep saving lives anyway. Despite the xenophobic hatred of generations of anglo-saxons reared on anti-German propaganda.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 2

On 3/25/2020 at 12:39 PM, Isaanbiker said:

BERLIN/MANNHEIM, Germany (Reuters) - German hospitals with spare capacity on Tuesday welcomed their first coronavirus patients from Italy, where an overwhelmed health care system has seen the pandemic kill more people than in any other country. 

Will Germans now seek help in Italy?

The last place you'd want be (after the USA) is there. The simple answer is 'Nein Danke.

8 hours ago, Logosone said:

the xenophobic hatred of generations of anglo-saxons reared on anti-German propaganda.

Acts of kindness like this show that most Germans have moved on from the past and look to a new future.

Unfortunately, through your words it seems you are not one of them.

I bet when you fart it plays the Deutschlandlied.