Nine separate documents are now required

50 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Before all the covid-19. The 7 day stamp was not an extension. It was 7 days to leave. Some folk being given under consideration stamp with various number of days. You won't need pay another 1900 when you return. Thinking another 10 will be added when you return to imm.

Ridiculous rules for difficult times. People just shaking their heads. 

Currently in AU social gatherings have max TWO (yes 2) people. Then you have Thailand insisting people attend immigration not only once for an extension but twice. 

Can't make this stuff up.

I wonder what will happen when they impose 24 hour curfew? 

13 minutes ago, treetops said:

From your previous posts, I think that would have made you almost a week overdue?  Was this brought up?

Correct. If overstay and paid fine then days overdue would be deducted from 30.

If no overstay he will obtain remaining 10 when attends imm. 

Just now, Zikomat said:

I wonder what will happen when they impose 24 hour curfew? 

They make many exceptions. Example travelling to airport. That happened when the junta occurred. I was stopped after midnight. Just had to show pp and plane ticket.

They can do same for immigration matters

Just now, DrJack54 said:

They make many exceptions. Example travelling to airport. That happened when the junta occurred. I was stopped after midnight. Just had to show pp and plane ticket.

They can do same for immigration matters

Yes, this scenario is quite possible. Much more likely than any kind of visa amnesty.

Just now, Zikomat said:

Yes, this scenario is quite possible. Much more likely than any kind of visa amnesty.

That won't happen imo.

It should but it won't.

The headlines that were attached "automatic extensions" should not have been used. Poor reporting. 

If one is staying at a hotel, would it be  suffice for a receipt from Hotel for proof of address, as I guess bringing the hotel manager is a bit much.

Incidentally has anyone been to Buriram IO in the last few days to extend visa, specifically 30-day exempt (2nd extension)?

I have letter from Embassy, passport and money and will get letter / receipt from hotel I’ve been at for last few weeks. Anything else anyone would advise bringing?

Thank you

7 minutes ago, richy2201 said:

If one is staying at a hotel, would it be  suffice for a receipt from Hotel for proof of address, as I guess bringing the hotel manager is a bit much.

Incidentally has anyone been to Buriram IO in the last few days to extend visa, specifically 30-day exempt (2nd extension)?

I have letter from Embassy, passport and money and will get letter / receipt from hotel I’ve been at for last few weeks. Anything else anyone would advise bringing?

Thank you

In Pattaya they will ask you to bring the letter from the hotel boss/manager in which he will guarantee your stay till the end of the extension period. It is quite possible you will not be asked for smth similar in Buriram.

Edited by Zikomat
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2020 at 3:51 PM, phuketrichard said:

yea, like a landlord, IF they are near where you are, is really going to head to immigration with you and chance catching the virus

this is a disgrace!!

Tourists will remember what thailand did in years to come an stay away

I doubt that, tourists are like voters at election time, a memory like a goldfish with just as much discernment. What will keep them away will be increased airfares and lower salaries paired with higher taxation to sanitize the money printing. 'The times they are a changing.'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, time2093 said:

Can someone explain where does the part where foreigners stuck here will get automatic visas granted to them like neighboring countries which was stated in the news just last week???

There is nothing about guaranteed automatic extensions. Currently a headline on Thaivisa. That's all. As the saying goes "the devil is in the detail". Wait. Eventually details will be available.

Look what the "second extension" has involved and frustration for many.

Thai Immigration are worried about national security which explains why they're asking for photos of foreigners inside their accommodation & also for a map. They then give a 14-day "under consideration" stamp which gives them time to visit the foreigner at home
Edited by anchadian
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, jackdd said:

I did just call Trat immigration (that's where the document in OP is from) regarding their requirements, mentioning this document which i saw.

I was told that if the owner is not able to come because for example he is in another province, that's ok, they will process the application without him being there in person. The "certificate of residence" is also not required. But points 1-8 from this document are still required.

So at least in Trat it seems to be still possible without the owner being there in person.

If somebody here is denied an extension at any immigration office because he didn't bring the owner (but all other things were in order), let me know and i will try to get some more info.

I will tell u what u need if  u have a gf And u are staying with her in a apartment u would have register u need her rent agreement her I.d the exstension form photo copy passport photo so if she live in apartment u need also the person who own the apartment blue book and his or her I.d if u will not have u will not get the exstension and 1 thing to remember if u have left the countey when u come back u must registered again if u dont u cannot get the exstension it happen to me in nonthanburi office I left the country and I had to register again when the guy sent the copy of the blue book is name  was not in it so they said no to at so he at to send the Reginald papers to say he own the apartment it take me 4 1/2 hours to get at exstension I never had a nightmare like it just for a 30 days exstension and I will never ever apply for a exstension again I will leave the country to get 30 days plus it cost me 800 baht fine because I never register coming back in to the country plus the 1900 for visa they done everything possible to make problems and u dont need the own of the property to be with u just the paper work

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50709532/government-extends-visa-for-stranded-tourists-in-the-kingdom/

The government has decided that it will extend visas for  foreign tourists, who have been stranded in Cambodia due to COVID-19 outbreak, until they are able to return to their countries.

On 4/2/2020 at 3:46 AM, stephen tracy said:

I can't provide all the required documentation, nor do I want to risk going to immigration to walk out ill and not even know it. This means after tomorrow, I am officially on overstay. Once this is over I don't think I will ever come back to Thailand again. That's how disgusted I am at this insatiable greed.

An agent can do it for 3K. No pesky documents required. 

20 hours ago, jackdd said:

I did just call Trat immigration (that's where the document in OP is from) regarding their requirements, mentioning this document which i saw.

I was told that if the owner is not able to come because for example he is in another province, that's ok, they will process the application without him being there in person. The "certificate of residence" is also not required. But points 1-8 from this document are still required.

So at least in Trat it seems to be still possible without the owner being there in person.

If somebody here is denied an extension at any immigration office because he didn't bring the owner (but all other things were in order), let me know and i will try to get some more info.

I was told the same thing in Trat last week, but when I came back the next day with all the required tm30 documents, I was told no extension is possible without speaking to the house owner in person.  So now I'm just overstaying.

Avoiding the stress and hassle of dealing with them makes the penalty worth it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, New beginnings said:

Today Cambodian Government has announced they will grant automatic extension of tourist visas and exempt them from overstay fines until they are able to depart. 

Wow, even Cambodia is more ahead and a more developed country than Thailand!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, New beginnings said:

Today Cambodian Government has announced they will grant automatic extension of tourist visas and exempt them from overstay fines until they are able to depart. 

so why Thailand NOT DO THE same due to something that is out OF ALL OUR HANDS....this being the VIRUS ????

17 hours ago, theVenerable said:

Thailand does not want us here. Lets oblige them and never come back

Yes Thailand has been a bit slow on the uptake, they should have taken some lessons from the UK on how to get eradicate of foreigners.

33 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Wow, even Cambodia is more ahead and a more developed country than Thailand!

Vietnam has shut its immigration services until further notice. All visas are automatically extended, no overstay fines, no fees, no worries. 

https://vietnamnews.vn/society/674512/no-penalties-for-overstaying-during-national-social-distancing.html

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
Clarification

2 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Vietnam has shut its immigration services until further notice. All visas are automatically extended, no overstay fines, no fees, no worries. 

So it seems all other south-east Asian countries have done this EXCEPT Thailand.

Now lets get serious about immigration and reporting.  They have all of our info already, and they could drive those wonderful smart BMW's to each building and of course bring there stamps and complete the extensions for us there or do the required reporting needed.  Of course as stated above in anchadian's post with the notice from immigration, many have maybe moved or traveled outside of where the immigration department originally had you listed.  If they instead of having us report and instead went out and looked, It would keep immigration busy, to say the least, instead of twiddling their thumbs.....just saying.  If not, then those on extensions would still have to get to a bank for the statement and bank book updated, or get an embassy letter depending on where you are from provided they will provide one.  In addition for an extension of stay how would we get the medical certificate as well. food for thought if they impose a 24/7 curfew....to many pieces they need to work on....

2 hours ago, Mulambana said:

An agent can do it for 3K. No pesky documents required. 

Agents can not do richard during this time frame, they want to see your pretty face

Edited by ThailandRyan

I've manage to get all the documents (1-9) however my embassy only issue the above mentioned letter via e-mail, so the stamp etc. is not in color. 

Have you guys heard any info about being declined because the embassy letter is not in color? 

I asked my embassy if a original letter via Kerry express (or any other service) was possible but they said this option is not possible at all, in the context of letters they have to produce and distribute in this short time. 

(Swedish national, Jomtien Immigration)