Pattaya Shutdown! Severe restrictions on movement and closure of hotels among new measures as Covid-19 cases rise rapidly

webfact

Pattaya Shutdown! Severe restrictions on movement and closure of hotels among new measures as Covid-19 cases rise rapidly

1pm.jpg

A top level meeting yesterday of the governor of Chonburi, district chiefs, mayors and health personnel decided on a ten point plan that is set to be signed and implemented today. 

The measures will leave any tourists remaining in Pattaya at the whim of hotel owners as to whether they will stay open, notes Thaivisa.

It includes curfew measures, the closure of hotels, restriction on employees leaving the province and the shutdown of Pattaya.

No one will be able to go in and out of the resort unless it is absolutely necessary. 

The meeting heard that infections in Chonburi had rocketed to 61. 

The new measures are:

1. Each district sets up their own taskforce to ensure compliance with the regulations

2. Hotels and places that resemble hotels are to close down and employees are to stay at the hotels and not leave Chonburi to go home. Hotels that still have guests were given three days to decide whether to close down or stay open. 

3. Pattaya will be sealed off. No one will be allowed to go in or out. Checkpoints will decide on special cases. 

4. All beaches in Chonburi are to close to any social gathering but swimming is still allowed. 

5. Gas stations are to close between 10 pm and 5 am.

6. Some markets ordered to close. 

7. People are asked to observe an 11pm to 5 am curfew (if the government announces separate regulations to be followed people must follow the government orders).

8. Certain commercial businesses are to be ordered shut (This vague reference was not explained, notes Thaivisa)

9. There is to be no assemblies at reservoirs. 

10. Male and female hairdressers can remain open for haircutting only. All tattooists and nail salons are to shut. 

All these regulations will apply when signed by the governor. 

That is expected to happen today, notes Thaivisa. 

Source: 77kaoded

*point six updated regarding the closure of some markets

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-03
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, doctormann said:

So, from Dark Side, can go into City or not?

Can I still go to Immigration?  Have to do 90-day report next week and online app doesn't work for me.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, webfact said:

2. Hotels and places that resemble hotels are to close down and employees are to stay at the hotels and not leave Chonburi to go home. Hotels that still have guests were given three days to decide whether to close down or stay open. 

So, hotels don't need to close down then!

I think something's lost in translation

Edited by madmitch
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, andre47 said:

6. All markets are to shut. 

Where to buy food?

Hopefully markets are defined as:  “Flea” markets closed. Primarily secondhand style markets (mentioned in the The Pattaya News).

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

That's not good. My major question is what is going to happen to people staying in a hotel when it closes? Are they going to ensure a few have to stay open to provide these people with a roof over their heads?

Will there be food and other essential items being trucked in through the closed boundaries?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, stuhan said:

What a mess and no sense to some who are not restricted such as hairdressers and swimming still allowed,that's just laughable.

Swimming is hardly a risk, most pools are mostly empty. As for barbers, they aren't busy and are spaced out, wear masks and disinfect after every customer and use alcohol gel. You just want everything to close and they lose their businesses and fire everyone

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, doctormann said:

As I said, the app does not work for me.

My TM6 is from my last entry, which was back in 2011.  I've had a new passport since then and as the Immigration databases appear not to be synchronised, I would need to exit and re-enter before the app would work.

If I try it now, I just get the 'Go to your local Immigration Office' message.

Correct, changing passports while in the country is an issue when using the online 90-days reporting app. The problem apparently is that the current TM6 (the one filed/submitted during entry in Thailand) is linked to the previous (old) passport number. Only solution is reporting in person or by EMS mail (if available to ones region). And only way to fix this in by exisiting and entering the country with the new passport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1