Pattaya Shutdown! Severe restrictions on movement and closure of hotels among new measures as Covid-19 cases rise rapidly

webfact

20 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Just go to the Jomtien immigration office I think there is a super short line for 90 day reporting, and if this does not work pay some one in the print shop to do it for you..........Your right online 90 day is a turd....

That's OK, provided that i am allowed to cross the city line to get there.  I don't know where the line is.  Does Jomptien count as part of Pattaya for the purpose of this restriction.  I have no idea!

I need to go to the ToT office as well - no bill delivered this month - and that is definitely in the City!  Yes, I could register for the eService but I really need the paper bill for address verification from time to time.

43 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Will there be food and other essential items being trucked in through the closed boundaries?

They will spread free fishing gear, butterfly nets and mango picking poles.....i booked the coconuts on beachroad already myself.

1 hour ago, Susco said:

What is going to happen with people staying right outside Pattaya? They are now derived from buying essential items like food, since all supermarkets are inside Pattaya, and the markets are closed.

Don't tell us we have to live on 7/11 food

Exactly my situation....will I be subject to a police shakedown if I do drive into town?

1 hour ago, doctormann said:

So, from Dark Side, can go into City or not?

Can I still go to Immigration?  Have to do 90-day report next week and online app doesn't work for me.

You do know that "The Dark Side" is still in Pattaya?, restrictions are for people coming in and out of Pattaya....I think you will be fine.

Need to clarify where especially with immigration located in Patta ya/Jomtien..is south at BAAN Amphur?....what about those living in Bang Saray and Sattahip, can they go to immigration

No clarity what so ever...I'm calling Snake Pliskin immediately for help

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/04/03/chonburi-releases-official-order-with-list-of-new-closures-and-restrictions-including-hotels-and-beaches/

If I understand well what has just been added, going to any beach is now forbidden...

-Closure of all beaches in Chonburi. There is no exception for swimming, like was originally discussed. Total closure of the beach and beach activities.

Edited by prb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

You are joking the app won't even download on my phone or laptop everytime I try on immigration site after filling in the 1st page it advises me to go to my nearest Immigration office. TIT

P.S. been trying for 18 months. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, time2093 said:

You do know that "The Dark Side" is still in Pattaya?, restrictions are for people coming in and out of Pattaya....I think you will be fine.

Well, officially, I am in Nongprue, not really in Pattaya, which seems to have some sort of special status.  The boundary between Pattaya and Nongprue is halfway up Soi Khaotalo, near the old Diacut works.  All a bit vague - where will the checkpoints be i wonder?  It seems to me that the obvious places are on Sukhumvit, at the top of Nua, Klang and Tai but they would need many more if the intention is to completely seal off the City.

• Like 1

Long overdue  to shut the  street markets, as of yesterday the big market in Soi Siam Country club and Soi Nernpubwaan  it was busines as usual, more people together there than any bar or restaurant.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Chivas said:

No point whinging now whatsover.

Just accept history is repeating itself & people should obey the "government" no matter how stupid or corrupt they are?

When people wake up it will probably be too late. ????  ???? ?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, time2093 said:

The Dark Side is Nong Pru not Pattaya but all part of Banglamung/Chonburi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chivas said:

What is somewhat amusing is that some actually believe the real numbers of cases are 61

There will be 1000s in reality and thats why the place is being completely closed and the Thais know it only too well

How things in Rochester?really hope it’s not the Australian one????????????

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Wow.

This sheit is gettin' real. 

Questions

Number of cases in Pattaya vs. the province? 

I assume supermarkets will still be open and they're talking about closing local fresh markets. 

An issue with that is it would make supermarkets more crowded. 

What is the definition of the borders of Pattaya for this enforcement proposal? Are Jomtien and Naklua part of it or not? 

Will any baht buses keep running? 

Will packages from outside still be allowed in such as Lazada orders? 

I don't understand allowing hair salons remaining open in the context of these definitely more severe restrictions. 

I would hazard a guess that both Jomtien and Naklua are considered part of Pattaya city.

baht buses, do not know, again a guess. they will run day time.

I have stopped using them and am just staying in naklua.

Have 90 day report due soon though.

Yes, hairdressers being allowed to stay open is puzzling, I thought they had been ordered to close some time back.

Shame about open air markets, there is a little one near me  that have some handy food stands.

It did not get crowded.

Guess it will get closed.

It certainly seems as though we are getting restricted more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

That's not good. My major question is what is going to happen to people staying in a hotel when it closes? Are they going to ensure a few have to stay open to provide these people with a roof over their heads?

anywhere can buy a tent

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

It states non essential so I would imagine a visa extension is esential

Of course, a 90-day report actually serves no useful purpose but I suppose that Immigration might well consider it essential!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, outsider said:

Yup, when the proverbial hits the blades, you lot just scamper and scatter. Typical.

Sure, how are they going to do it - with six-foot poles?

Overall, 'A' for efforts in trying to tackle the pandemic, but for the sake of all that's holy, please try to use those grey matters and think things through before you start jerking your knees?

and of course hotels that offer rooms with have their rental rates set by the government to stop price gouging ...................................not 

• Thanks 1