Pattaya Shutdown! Severe restrictions on movement and closure of hotels among new measures as Covid-19 cases rise rapidly

webfact

44 minutes ago, papa al said:

Pattaya City.png

That map looks like Pattaya City has incorporated parts of Nongprue, Nongplalai and Huay Yai.

As thought the following defined the extents of the Pattaya City Municipality.

pattaya-city-limits.jpg.6e7ede5bc7ef1d0ba8415d0dbaa44802.jpg

1 hour ago, christophe75 said:

Whenever inane officials slam any new regulations.... repeat the numbers.

"infections in Chonburi had rocketed to 61"

And nationwide : officially the virus has killed.... 15 people.

Then, eventually, people will understand the current madness....

So you trust the numbers from the inane officials are accurate? This doesn't make any sense. If you think they're truly inane, you know they haven't been testing properly.

There are only two ways to combat this - robust contact tracing, or draconian lockdown measures. They've don't seem to keen on the former, so the latter it is.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Enough warnings were given to foreigners to get out and go home and that includes those that claim to be "expats"

No point whinging now whatsover.

Why whinge? This is good news, everyone who did stay put should be happy with the decision in retrospect. You want to be in a place that takes quarantine seriously right now. 

Why would many expats go home? The Vietnamese government even advised their expats *not* to come home.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

That map looks like Pattaya City has incorporated parts of Nongprue, Nongplalai and Huay Yai.

As thought the following defined the extents of the Pattaya City Municipality.

pattaya-city-limits.jpg.6e7ede5bc7ef1d0ba8415d0dbaa44802.jpg

Yes, that looks like the 20260 post code area, which is for Pattaya City.

The red boundary line certainly looks to be at the right place on Khaotalo.  My postcode is 20150, which is for Moo 10 Nongprue - to the east of the red line.

We still really have no idea where the checkpoints will be!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Some people really don't get it. 

It's not about 15.

Its about exponential growth in cases leading to exponential growth in demand for hospital icus leadimg to exponential growth of covid deaths. 

Luckily, as long as we stay with these low numbers, it's all good. 

Stay safe and wash your hands.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, time2093 said:

You do know that "The Dark Side" is still in Pattaya?, restrictions are for people coming in and out of Pattaya....I think you will be fine.

Do you know where the boundaries are, because some maps show a substantial part of the darkside outside of Pattaya City? 

14 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Do you know where the boundaries are, because some maps show a substantial part of the darkside outside of Pattaya City? 

Best to stop flapping and asking on a forum where YOUR boundaries are. Im sure all will be revealed later and if there is still any confusion on your part and you do go out and reach a boundary, there will be a BiB to send you back. Im in Central Patts and my postcode is 20150 or at least that is what it says on all my documentation

5 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Patts and my postcode is 20150 or at least that is what it says on all my documentation

Yah, so is mine and I am 15 km out and it includes near to Laem Chabang. Look here and if you believe they can cordon that off ask the tooth fairy. I think that represents Banglamung, not Pattaya City.

Edited by jacko45k

27 minutes ago, doctormann said:

Yes, that looks like the 20260 post code area, which is for Pattaya City.

The red boundary line certainly looks to be at the right place on Khaotalo.  My postcode is 20150, which is for Moo 10 Nongprue - to the east of the red line.

We still really have no idea where the checkpoints will be!

My 20150 Naklua postcode address is West of the red line.

41 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

What is somewhat amusing is that some actually believe they are 100% correct with every prediction they make without having any evidence/proof/factual info - call it what you want. 

If they admit to 61, you can bet there are 600, and if there are 600, there will soon be 6000. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Yah, so is mine and I am 15 km out and it includes . Look here and if you believe they can cordon that off ask the tooth fairy. I think that represents Banglamung, not Pattaya City.

That would suggest to me that a shared postcode is inclusive and not 2 separate areas? Id wait until the actual statement comes out and then ask a local of the new SS law

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

If they admit to 61, you can bet there are 600, and if there are 600, there will soon be 6000. 

My point was these holier than thous who make their own statements and pass them off as facts. Chivas' last short sentence included 3 statements he passed off as no argument without ANY evidence, he may well be correct, but believing something and passing it off as facts only induces more fake news and unnecessary arguments, especially when all you see lately is people making up their own stats to back up their scaremongering. Thailand was the 1st country outside China to have someone get the virus* This was 3 months ago* 61 people have got the virus throught Chonburi NOT JUST PATTAYA* which is not a high figure in the grand scheme of things, and Id like to know the figure it "rocketed up" from? When I read the headline, I was expecting the figure to be in the thousands!!!

Here are Chivas' claims just so you dont have to go back and check . . . 

"There will be thousands in reality and thats why the place is being complete closed and the Thais know this"

*If figures are to be believed

• Thanks 2

I personally think that with everything going on, anyone who is brainless to go on trips since the mid of February does not deserve an ounce of sympathy but are rather the problem makers. Just leave them on the roads and hopefully the virus rids the world of more intellectually challenged people.Some of these foreigners with their behaviour is really bring the rest of us down . For instance those scum in phuket still partying etc

On the other side, we also have a local dimwits not practicing social distancing and precautions, yesterday I went to makro at Srinakarin bangkok, was a total nightmare! Locals do not understand the term social distancing!!!!!

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The meeting heard that infections in Chonburi had rocketed to 61. 

It's absolutely ridiculous, 61 and you call it rocketed, I don't really understand why the PM doesn't intervene.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry but this needs to be said. Yes lock down the town as it has worked so well for France, Spain and Italy! There is already a curfew in effect here in Chonburi province, 22:00 - 05:00 which is more than what that article stated .All businesses are shut including delivery so there is no reason to be out anyways.. Just more global governmental panic

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Im in Central Patts and my postcode is 20150 or at least that is what it says on all my documentation

All of Pattaya is now considered as 20150, which denotes Banglamung Post Office, 20260 was used before and was for the post office in soi post office (13/??)

The post code has nothing to do with the city limits.

• Like 1