Pattaya Shutdown! Severe restrictions on movement and closure of hotels among new measures as Covid-19 cases rise rapidly

webfact

4 minutes ago, rech said:

Anybody out yesterday night during the curfew ? cops everywhere or just at police station drinking as usual ?

Why would people go out during a curfew and risk a 40k fine just to see if the streets are empty? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, drgoon said:

Thailand wouldn't have a clue on the true figure.

I'm not trying to denigrate the country in anyway but honestly... we know what they are like. No cohesive approach to law, statutes or regulations. 

Different approaches between provinces and districts within each province. How can they know for sure. 

103 New cases in a population of over 60 million... pffft.

You tell that to the government. Are you accusing them of lying?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Where do you get your numbers? From MAD Magazine? There are no numbers going down. Get your facts straight. 

Up until yesterday there were 61 official cases in Chonburi

Where do you get your numbers? From MAD Magazine? There are no numbers going down. Get your facts straight. 

You should also get your facts right before mouthing off. Official figures on new cases are on the way down. 143, 136, 127, 120, 104, 103 and today 89. They look like a downward trend to me, or maybe you dont understand numbers.

2 hours ago, jimn said:

You tell that to the government. Are you accusing them of lying?

Without knowing how many tests were carried out, these small numbers of cases are not an accurate reflection of infection in Thailand.   

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Without knowing how many tests were carried out, these small numbers of cases are not an accurate reflection of infection in Thailand.   

The number of tests is also being published.

2 hours ago, jimn said:

You should also get your facts right before mouthing off. Official figures on new cases are on the way down. 143, 136, 127, 120, 104, 103 and today 89. They look like a downward trend to me, or maybe you dont understand numbers.

You believe in numbers that are way off. Don't be so naive. Numbers only work if there are enough people tested,and there are not. How many do you think they have tested up in Isaan? If you believe numbers coming from the Health Department then I feel sorry for you. 

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Out of interest, how many do they say they have tested?  I haven't read the figure yet. 

They have only tested people with symptoms and a few paying for the test. That's not how it works if you want reliable numbers. 

2 minutes ago, uncleho1 said:

I am wanting to travel to the Dark side on the 21st to renew my long term visa how does that affect my getting a bus to Chonburi

Travel from where? Renew your stay on the Dark side? What are you talking about?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You believe in numbers that are way off. Don't be so naive. Numbers only work if there are enough people tested,and there are not. How many do you think they have tested up in Isaan? If you believe numbers coming from the Health Department then I feel sorry for you. 

If they aren’t tested,they aren’t in hospital,they aren’t sick at home,they aren’t at the morgue or the temple,perhaps the numbers are correct.     Just a thought!

6 minutes ago, Olmate said:

If they aren’t tested,they aren’t in hospital,they aren’t sick at home,they aren’t at the morgue or the temple,perhaps the numbers are correct.     Just a thought!

Wow a true brain surgeon.  You must have a camera into everyone's lives and houses in order to see if they as you say "they aren’t in hospital,they aren’t sick at home,they aren’t at the morgue or the temple,perhaps the numbers are correct".  Wow truly you are up at the top of the list for the next Nobel Peach Prize.....

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wow a true brain surgeon.  You must have a camera into everyone's lives and houses in order to see if they as you say "they aren’t in hospital,they aren’t sick at home,they aren’t at the morgue or the temple,perhaps the numbers are correct".  Wow truly you are up at the top of the list for the next Nobel Peach Prize.....

And you dont need to be brain surgeon to notice that since the emergence of the virus in December, the number of deaths here has been extremely low. Look at them dying in multiple hundreds a day in western countries. Unless you think that they are burying their dead at night in stealth. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I did say “if” ,what’s your theory as to where these elusive numbers of infected folk are.Try to answer slowly for me please!

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

He obviously hasn't heard about mild symptoms,infected without symptoms and also recovered. Those three categories together can be a real high number. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

He obviously hasn't heard about mild symptoms,infected without symptoms and also recovered. Those three categories together can be a real high number. 

You mean a real high number of people that are OK then! Just goes to show if you talk enough BS, once in while you might be right!

On 4/3/2020 at 9:42 AM, webfact said:

7. People are asked to observe an 11pm to 5 am curfew (if the government announces separate regulations to be followed people must follow the government orders).

Can anyone confirm if Pattaya is enforcing the curfew from 22:00 (government announced curfew) or 23:00?

Most convenience stores were closing at 22:00 on Thursday, so if they have started enforcing the curfew from 22:00 they will need to start closing earlier so that staff and shoppers can get home in time.

11 minutes ago, tropo said:

Can anyone confirm if Pattaya is enforcing the curfew from 22:00 (government announced curfew) or 23:00?

Most convenience stores were closing at 22:00 on Thursday, so if they have started enforcing the curfew from 22:00 they will need to start closing earlier so that staff and shoppers can get home in time.

10pm-4am. I don't think they will fine workers going back home as long as they have a valid reason for being outdoors after 10pm. 

16 minutes ago, tropo said:

I don't know if it is enforced, however there is another thread that says the curfew is nationwide, and convenience stores close at 8pm since yesterday

1 minute ago, jimn said:

Boring, you just carry on being misled, just like all the people in the world. The economic fall out from this hoax will have a lasting effect around the globe and will do more long term damage than the virus. Most of the people who have died from the virus would have died anyway.

Yeah . . . ALL the doctors, ALL the nurses, ALL the mid-level hands-on politicians around the globe have conspired against society.

Edited by J Town
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jimn said:

Just woke up have you? You are obviously not on the ground in Thailand, but yet you comment as if you know best.

I'm in Pattaya.  Been on TV for a couple of hours.  I'm self isolating.  Bored, actually. 

Unlike yourself, I don't think it's an over reaction, and I'm younger than your average expat retiree here, so not in the high risk category.

Still, I feel, the virus should be treated with respect.  It has killed, continues to kill, and will kill more. 

Not to mention, if you catch it here, you are as good as dead, if you are over a certain age, or your body, unassisted, can not overcome it.

Edited by Leaver
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

I did say “if” ,what’s your theory as to where these elusive numbers of infected folk are.Try to answer slowly for me please!

SLOWWWWWWLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY, is that good for you.  If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas” 

20 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

SLOWWWWWWLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY, is that good for you.  If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas” 

21 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So no idea at all to suggest these numbers are incorrect,just following the mob! Not all bad for you tho, you remembered your kindy class rhymes!

10pm-4am. I don't think they will fine workers going back home as long as they have a valid reason for being outdoors after 10pm. 

yes, for workers, but shoppers will also be out after 22:00 if they close at 22:00

I'll check and see what's going on...

19 hours ago, Walter Travolta said:

But you are being ignorant to the figures being quoted ????

Aren't people that accuse others of doing the same thing they do, known as hypocrites? Asking for a friend ????

" Being ignorant to the figures being quoted "

How precious that you used the word ignorant 555

11 minutes ago, Olmate said:

So no idea at all to suggest these numbers are incorrect,just following the mob! Not all bad for you tho, you remembered your kindy class rhymes!

Prove the stats are real that you see.  But first drive yourself north and go to the villages in Udon Thani, and outwards, and see how many funerals they have had recently where the individual died at home and never went to the hospital.  I personally know of 3 from my ex-wife's family that have passed on in just in the past month. In fact my ex flew in on March 2nd for the first of 3 funerals, then flew out back to the US on the 21st.  She and our daughter are still under 14 day quarantine in Ohio now that they are back home.  All 3 of the family members, ages 62, 57, and 60, died of Pneumonia related issues.  Only a police officer went to the houses and took a short report, no testing was ever conducted and no autopsy.  So you need to get real in your views and give credence to the fact that numbers lie and so do governments.  Think of it this way....If there was not an issue at hand why would this country be going into the steps its taking now.  No conspiracy theories from you need to be heard.

• Like 1