new bars, in chiangmai open for drinks all day

wazzupnow

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

This is unfortunately the way it is ( mostly ).

Maybe offering the police 1000 ThB a month, for closing this 2 liquor shops could work.  

That could trigger a bidding war !????

4 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Sounds like you chose poorly as to neighborhood... where is this? 

in the center of town where all the tourists used to be, and anyway these mum and pop shops are everywhere, doubling their business

Edited by wazzupnow

1 hour ago, wazzupnow said:

why? i do not care to me corona virus means natural selection off the strongest, i am all for letting it take its course. mankind will rise better as before

So if any of your family, or your bf/gf get C19 & die, that's ok?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wazzupnow said:

why? i do not care to me corona virus means natural selection off the strongest, i am all for letting it take its course. mankind will rise better as before

Strength and intelligence don't necessarily go together, as your post is proving.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, stephenterry said:

With limited respect, your cavalier attitude suggests why don't you go and join them, and see if you're one of the natural selected humans. 

Your quite right. This is a case of which is better that the brain outlives the body or the body outlives the brain. 

19 hours ago, stephenterry said:

COVID-19, the illness caused by coronavirus, proves deadly in around 3.5 percent of confirmed cases.

While this is not the same as its mortality rate, given many people may be infected but not realise it, it is significantly higher than seasonal flu, which typically kills 0.1 percent of patients.

"There is still considerable uncertainty around the fatality rates of COVID-19 and it likely varies depending on the quality of local healthcare," said Francois Balloux, Professor of Computational Systems Biology at University College London.

"That said, it is around two percent on average, which is about 20 times higher than for the seasonal flu lineages currently in circulation."

Er..... They don't have the infection rates for Covid-19 so your 2% are basically pulled out of thin air and totally USELESS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, wazzupnow said:

With this attitude, one can only hope that you are not one of the 'better mankind', survivors!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brewster67 said:

Er..... They don't have the infection rates for Covid-19 so your 2% are basically pulled out of thin air and totally USELESS.

Source please - or do you have insider knowledge? 

While predictions are just that, they are based on current scientific EVIDENCE - which will modify as the disease progresses, and when more stats and information are obtained.  Far better to be in the ballpark than outside it, because it shows us the direction for successful policies and treatment to contain the spread.

Common sense... which seems to be lacking in many...

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2020 at 10:35 AM, wazzupnow said:

So why did you start the thread if you don't care? 

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2020 at 11:25 AM, stephenterry said:

Is that a rhetorical question?  Both diseases are  killers, but right now we're experiencing the Coronavirus, a global pandemic, that has no immunity vaccine to save lives naturally. Now, would you please desist in trolling me.

You deserve to be trolled.

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Pray tell, where can I go to buy some masks.  No where around my area is there any.  Pharmacies, are out, none at 7-11, stores do not have any.  I have been trying for over three weeks now, and no luck.  I think I would have better luck wrapping a pair of nickers around my face, since I can not locate any, and have been recycling and cleaning the two I have had since the end of February....

My gf makes 3 ply cotton masks.   35 baht.    Min order 12 pieces.    We are in in chiangmai.    

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2020 at 11:02 AM, UbonThani said:

So all the millions who spread the flu are that? 99% of the world.

500k flu deaths a year.

No outrage over that?

Double standards here

Perhaps there's a hidden agenda. We'll find out eventually, when this latest in a long line of virus pandemics fades and we seek to get our citizens' rights back.

4 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Source please - or do you have insider knowledge? 

While predictions are just that, they are based on current scientific EVIDENCE - which will modify as the disease progresses, and when more stats and information are obtained.  Far better to be in the ballpark than outside it, because it shows us the direction for successful policies and treatment to contain the spread.

Common sense... which seems to be lacking in many...

This might help.

John P. A. Ioannidis, a professor of medicine and epidemiology at Stanford, recently published an article entitled “A fiasco in the making? As the coronavirus pandemic takes hold, we are making decisions without reliable data." In the article, he also argues that there is simply not enough data to make claims about reported case fatality rate

He states that rates, “like the official 3.4% rate from the World Health Organization, cause horror — and are meaningless. Patients who have been tested for SARS-CoV-2 are disproportionately those with severe symptoms and bad outcomes. As most health systems have limited testing capacity, selection bias may even worsen in the near future.”

He states that the real death rate of this virus could be five or more times lower, at 0.025 percent to 0.625 percent.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/03/no_author/covid-19-case-fatality-rate-may-be-considerably-less-than-1-dr-anthony-fauci/

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 10:24 AM, UbonThani said:

Sounds fair enough

Live life on your feet or not at all

Just make sure to keep your feet at least two meters away from mine :dry:

Edited by Dap
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Perhaps there's a hidden agenda. We'll find out eventually, when this latest in a long line of virus pandemics fades and we seek to get our citizens' rights back.

Different doctors saying different things.

Where is the truth?

On 4/5/2020 at 3:52 PM, wazzupnow said:

nope u are right, just wanted to make this a bit more public, i hate thai police(or better any uniformed force anywhere  that does not does its job)

Why are you living in Thailand then? It's not like the police changed last week.