Why tgf need birth certificate?

kiever

Hello for all. My Thai girlfriend wants her birth certificate. I am in turkey and her  birth certificate with me in turkey.  and she is Phuket now. She told me she need it immediately but refused to tell me why. 
where she can use birth certificate and what she can do with it ?  I couldn’t find in internet where to use birth certificate in Thailand. 
she is from udon Thani . Can she make new birth certificate in Phuket or need to go Phuket ? 

There is only one original birth certificate and that is what is normally required - she does have a Thai ID card?  Phuket is on total lockdown currently so perhaps something to do with that and extra proof of her being Thai.  

Maybe for her Passport, or applying for a Visa, or....so many options.  If she is living in her home province then she can go to her local Amphur where she is registered at with a family member and the Tabien Ban for her residence.  She can then obtain a new birth certificate, fairly easy to do.....you may wish to inquire further

* Sorry I just saw that she might be in Phuket.  As Lopburi has said, she might need it to show and prove her identification in order to be be added to a tabien ban there....

Edited by ThailandRyan

I know that it is needed in order for one to get a certified copy in order to apply for a Visa to the USA for at least a tourist visa, or maybe she needs it because she is applying for a fiance visa in order to go and get married, if Its unknown to you why she wants it then why do you not just ask her.  Did she leave it with you here in Thailand, or has she been to turkey with you, where it was left.  To many questions....