Alleged Aust pedophile in Cambodian court

geovalin

The Cambodian accusers of an alleged Australian pedophile have failed to appear in court, bolstering his defence, his lawyer says.

The defence of alleged Australian pedophile Garry Mulroy, who faces 15 years in jail if convicted, has been bolstered after his chief accusers withdrew legal objections and apparent witnesses failed to appear in court, his lawyer says.

Mulroy's lawyer So Mosseny said this included representatives from Action Pour Les Enfants (APLE), which claimed the former Australian Catholic teacher brought boys, aged 11 to 14, to his home where he allegedly abused them in November 2018. He said the children had also not appeared in the provincial court of Siem Reap in northwest Cambodia.

read more https://www.news.com.au/world/breaking-news/alleged-aust-pedophile-in-cambodian-court/news-story/59d6a531e7e0ae53bdd7f5676eaa8410

• Like 1

It is true that some of the over enthusiastic charities have massaged the truth to get a conviction when there is very little evidence.  Given the stories of the compensation given to families of the "victims" it is always a temptation to make up accusations if they think they can benefit financially. Because of this there will always be an element of doubt when it comes to "he said this and he did that".

However Cambodia has always been a hotbed of Paedophile activity, attracting those creeps from all over the world.  I wouldn't be a teacher in Cambodia for all the tea in China. In fact I avoid going to Cambodia at all now, unless I am travelling with a group or my wife.

32 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

It is true that some of the over enthusiastic charities have massaged the truth to get a conviction when there is very little evidence.  Given the stories of the compensation given to families of the "victims" it is always a temptation to make up accusations if they think they can benefit financially. Because of this there will always be an element of doubt when it comes to "he said this and he did that".

However Cambodia has always been a hotbed of Paedophile activity, attracting those creeps from all over the world.  I wouldn't be a teacher in Cambodia for all the tea in China. In fact I avoid going to Cambodia at all now, unless I am travelling with a group or my wife.

Not anymore. The Cambodian Police now has an active "Anti-human trafficking and Juvenile Protection Department" which works in co-operation with its Thai counterpart and other international law enforcement agencies (via Interpol) arresting such "creeps" for offences within Cambodia or back in home countries. No more "Garry Glitters" (UK)! I know this being an ex-volunteer with the Thai Tourist Police.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

Sadly, so tragically sadly, paedophilia will always darken and destroy the lives of innocents. I wish it were otherwise but in reality I fear we will never be rid of child abuse, the ‘soul murder of a child’ as Alice Miller called it.

We all have a sacred duty to take care of ALL children and to step in wherever we see or suspect abuse.