Phuket officials to launch islandwide door-to-door checks for COVID-19

snoop1130

Phuket officials to launch islandwide door-to-door checks for COVID-19

By The Phuket News

1586429948_1-org.jpg

Governor Phakaphong announced the news while receiving 3,000 infrared thermometers from the DDPM Region 11 office in Surat Thani. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET:-- Phuket will be the first province in the country to launch door-to-door checks of residents’ body temperatures in the hope of identifying infected people early and prevent the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.

Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatan announced the news during a ceremony held yesterday (Apr 8 ) to receive 3,000 infrared thermometers supplied by the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) Region 11 office based in Surat Thani.

In Phuket to present the devices to Governor Phakaphong was DDPM Region 11 Director Udomsak Khao Nuna.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-officials-to-launch-islandwide-door-to-door-checks-for-covid-19-75653.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-04-09
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Inn Between said:

It seems to me that this approach could add more to the spread of covid rather than helping. If they are going door to door having some type of close contact with people and their homes, doesn't that create the potential to carry the virus to the next person when they'd make contact with someone who is not showing symptoms but has the virus? If there are 3000 volunteers running around from house to house, I can see the possibility of some problems with this approach. 

As long as they keep social distance.

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, Berkshire said:

This is a valiant effort, but a tad misguided.  Studies have suggested that up to half of COVID carriers are asymptomatic, i.e., no high body temp.  Yes, we need to test as many people as possible.  But just measuring body temp isn't going to do it.

Well you just had to go and spoil it all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder how many houses in Phuket? seems to me they would have to hire lots of unqualified people to go around every house and to achieve what?

They will need lots of rubber gloves and gallons of hand gel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From what I can see around where I live everybody seems to behaving themselves, wearing their mask, not going on the beaches very few people around traffic a lot lighter and the curfew being observed if I wake in the night I can usually hear the main road it's silent no motorbikes using the main road as a racetrack in the night

• Like 2

A post containing scaremongering conspiracy theories and a reply has been removed as per the following public notice:

UPDATED NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING ON THAIVISA AMID COVID-19 - 25 MARCH 2020

In addition to the guidelines posted below and those detailed in the Thaivisa forum rules and following the announcement that Thai government will invoke emergency powers in order to help deal with the COVID-19 situation in the country, Thaivisa requests members posting on the forum to abide by the follow:

Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

Thank you for your co-operation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, hansgruber said:

I won't be opening my door to them. Knock as hard and loud as you want because nobody will answer. 

Take my temperature when I enter a 7/11 or supermarket fine but don't come and invade my privacy. 

I dare say many understand that but if you refuse, it will be 'dirty farangs' again

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Berkshire said:

This is a valiant effort, but a tad misguided.  Studies have suggested that up to half of COVID carriers are asymptomatic, i.e., no high body temp.  Yes, we need to test as many people as possible.  But just measuring body temp isn't going to do it.

But in this country they 100% believe if the temp is ok then that person does not have virus ... another organised chaos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1