List of Thai provinces that have banned alcohol sales

webfact

1 hour ago, tropo said:

LOL. Can it be worse than it already is? That boat sailed weeks ago...

I get it, some of you need your alcohol, but let's be logical about this. The only items that are able to be purchased in supermarkets right now are the essential items. For example, the malls in Pattaya have closed down completely. All that remains open now are the supermarkets and restaurants, strictly for takeaways. I was at Central yesterday and the restaurants had booths for ordering take away food on the ground level. All other levels were shut.

Alcohol is not an essential item, so if sale of all other non-essential items has been discontinued, why should alcohol be an exception? Alcohol, being a drug that affects behaviour, should be considered the least essential non-essential item of all.

Hey Tropo, you are going to make a lot of enemies hete on TV.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@tropo

With your hatred of alcohol I suspect you have something nasty lurking in the background, however that is none of my business, considering the amount of Thais and foreigners addicted to alcohol you may find the link below of interest, a ban could be a death sentence to many addicted to Loa Khow and other strong spirits. 

Do you really wish that on people ??

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/cold-turkey-alcohol-withdrawal-can-cause-serious-health-issues

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Show of force, blind actionism.

Now the governors of different provinces are competing to demonstrate who can solve COVID 19 issue as effecient as they can, so it becomes more and more ridiculuous with their new rules. Definitely over reaction from many provinces. Measures such as wearing masks and social distancing should suffice. Banning alcohol until May is unreasonable taking into consideration that Thailand is a drinking country. Do they want to make Thailand an islamic state that prohibits alcohol? Blind me. People are punished enough already with all the restrictions, why to make more?

5 minutes ago, faraday said:

Udon Thani starting tomorrow for 30 days.

Don't make the mistake of thinking this ban in Bangkok will last for only 10 days and that some other areas will not implement it. It will be extended across Thailand and the current end time will also be extended. You need to think 2-3 months and prepare to stock up or live dry.

1 minute ago, Muzzique said:

Don't make the mistake of thinking this ban in Bangkok will last for only 10 days and that some other areas will not implement it. It will be extended across Thailand and the current end time will also be extended. You need to think 2-3 months and prepare to stock up or live dry.

Yes, as is apparent from my post.

Thank you for listening.

1 hour ago, SpaceKadet said:

I just have this nasty feeling that after the end of April, the ban will be extended. 

That's my worry too. I've got a few boxes stacked up to last me probably two months, but by telling myself I need to ration it a bit is not the way to enjoy a beer, especially when we don't know when we can buy again.

2 hours ago, tropo said:

Dude, you started the flame war by a smarta** comment before. If you want to keep it going, be my guest. I would suggest for both of our sakes you stop right now. Up to you.

Wow.

I keep telling them that they need an emoji for DH

30 minutes ago, alien365 said:

That's my worry too. I've got a few boxes stacked up to last me probably two months, but by telling myself I need to ration it a bit is not the way to enjoy a beer, especially when we don't know when we can buy again.

Our local store says that there is a way, but the real problem is will they be supplied from the big boys. I am on rations that will only last two weeks, good luck to you.

1 hour ago, Muzzique said:

I and we ( all the family and I'm the only farang ) don't drink alcool; so we don't care  .:jap:

33 minutes ago, GuyDow said:

There is a confusion between Nakorn Panom and Nakorn Pathom. Nakorn Panom is dry to April 30. Nakorn Pathom is dry now but I can't find out for how long. Began 2 days ago, not beginning of the month.

But still not Nakhon Phanom , so far ?

maybe do a run to Makro tomorrow just in case 

No. There’s no reason for this. Just like there is no reason to:

1. shut down beaches 

2. shut down vital businesses

3. implement a ridiculous curfew

4. shame people for not wearing a ridiculous mask

5. shut down travel to different cities.

This is easier to get away with in the more poor communities and uneducated societies. Poor people and the ignorant are easy to control. They react to one giant headline or their government saying to do something and then they start getting on their knees. It’s called communism - coming to a country near you if China had their way.

It’s actually pretty funny how many people are still so in the dark and trying to figure out what’s going on. Its called turning up the heat on control. 

But, but, but the BBC told us it’s because of a FLU! You would have to be brain dead to believe that narrative. 

2 hours ago, tropo said:

As a foreigner, disobeying the Thai government is not recommended, but it's your choice.

Before you go ahead and try, Thailand is in a state of emergency, where normal rights have been suspended.

Normal rights were suspended on 22 May 2014 and have been suppressed ever since.

3 hours ago, tropo said:

Alcohol, being a drug that affects behaviour, should be considered the least essential non-essential item of all.

For people who have been used to it over a long time and in consideral amounts being shockdried can bring them in lethal danger. They could come into delirium with psychiatric behavior and then death. I wonder when we shall see some zombies roaming the streets. Probably after 3 or 4 days.

Archived