List of Thai provinces that have banned alcohol sales

webfact

On 4/10/2020 at 3:05 PM, tropo said:

LOL. Can it be worse than it already is? That boat sailed weeks ago...

I get it, some of you need your alcohol, but let's be logical about this. The only items that are able to be purchased in supermarkets right now are the essential items. For example, the malls in Pattaya have closed down completely. All that remains open now are the supermarkets and restaurants, strictly for takeaways. I was at Central yesterday and the restaurants had booths for ordering take away food on the ground level. All other levels were shut.

Alcohol is not an essential item, so if sale of all other non-essential items has been discontinued, why should alcohol be an exception? Alcohol, being a drug that affects behaviour, should be considered the least essential non-essential item of all.

Well since as you have stated alcohol is a drug,we should be aloud to buy in pharmacy,s since they are there to sell drugs..555

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the table in the OP is up to date it is nice to see the powers that be in Phits are being as predictable as ever.........

phits_alcho.jpg.6d41837bd01787625fbccbfc9d0c4d85.jpg

The only Provence on the list with no end date. Just hedging bets................... 

1 hour ago, martin3 said:

Well since as you have stated alcohol is a drug,we should be aloud to buy in pharmacy,s since they are there to sell drugs..555

Back in the old days (1980's) you could buy those other drugs at the pharmacy i.e. cigarettes!

On 4/10/2020 at 8:50 AM, tropo said:

Does it not lower the risk of impromptu group gatherings? How about fewer drunk people about flouting the curfew, the need for social distancing and mask wearing?

But the laugh is having seen this twice last night around 19.15, the local village curfew checks are a gathering, drinking alcohol and no social distancing!!! You could not make this up. First one, when stopped in my car, wanted me to put my mask on which was on the passenger seat and other "officials" were around him or sitting at a table. The second did not incur a stop but there they were all sitting together with bottles of beer on the ground.

On 4/10/2020 at 3:05 PM, tropo said:

LOL. Can it be worse than it already is? That boat sailed weeks ago...

I get it, some of you need your alcohol, but let's be logical about this. The only items that are able to be purchased in supermarkets right now are the essential items. For example, the malls in Pattaya have closed down completely. All that remains open now are the supermarkets and restaurants, strictly for takeaways. I was at Central yesterday and the restaurants had booths for ordering take away food on the ground level. All other levels were shut.

Alcohol is not an essential item, so if sale of all other non-essential items has been discontinued, why should alcohol be an exception? Alcohol, being a drug that affects behaviour, should be considered the least essential non-essential item of all.

By that reasoning cigarettes and coffee/tea should be banned as they are not essential, they all contain drugs, i.e nicotine and caffeine respectively, it doesn't  make sense!!

We have to remember who pays most of the "packets" to the big men.  The 3 main breweries.  A lot of stock out there with a shelf life that should have went to bars and restos is sitting in warehouses. They will unload it quick and cheap come the 30th.  Hey hoh get ready for it.

In the United States alcohol and cannabis stores are considered essential buisnesses because they generate income for the states with tax revenue. I believe alcohol is taxed in Thailand why is the sale of alcohol banned? Thailand is that flush with baht they dont need that income to make up for the lost revenue?

On 4/10/2020 at 2:50 PM, tropo said:

Does it not lower the risk of impromptu group gatherings? How about fewer drunk people about flouting the curfew, the need for social distancing and mask wearing?

You are so very correct!

Drinking is often a group sport.

I hope the ban is extended until November!

Happy Days are Here Again!

On 4/10/2020 at 2:50 PM, tropo said:

I would agree if ban was Thailand wide not varying from province to province.

The ban on booze has nothing to do with songkranits the goverment showing that they have the power to do it. It the most stupidthing they have done so far. What out thailand. Most people have a nice quite beer after a days hard work in the sun and expats like to chill having a nice beer. The thai goverment are shooting themselfs in the foot. The economy is getting blown to bits and every bahtthe goverment should be fighting for. Beer Does not give you the virusso why ban it and lose lots the economy. If 1 thai govermentperson had brains they would see it 

1 minute ago, Seismic said:

Well Bangkok has just extended until the end of the month. I can see some of the other 28 provinces that had a similar timeframe on ending the ban also now extending it.

I thought I saw all provinces had done this extension last week?

29 minutes ago, SuwadeeS said:

Does anybody has a link, that Bankok extended till the end of the month?

Told Sukhothai ban alcohol until 30th April kinda a silly really since the ban and staying home I drink more ???? ???? many Thailand Govt's officials must be Muslim these days I guess. ????

Getting a sense this might go on. Yesterday's briefing was talking about this and other measures improving peoples health or along those lines anyway, and then said this is the new normal. Also if the numbers continue to lessen from tomorrow on, then it could be claimed that the alcohol ban was partially responsible. 

Just now, Bluetongue said:

Getting a sense this might go on. Yesterday's briefing was talking about this and other measures improving peoples health or along those lines anyway, and then said this is the new normal. Also if the numbers continue to lessen from tomorrow on, then it could be claimed that the alcohol ban was partially responsible. 

Yesterday, there was a Thai bloke on tele telling folk about the continuing restrictions, BUT, when it came to booze he said something like....

"Not having alcohol will make you think about your "vice"..."....Now that is big brother talk from a _________________...????

20 hours ago, transam said:

Yesterday, there was a Thai bloke on tele telling folk about the continuing restrictions, BUT, when it came to booze he said something like....

"Not having alcohol will make you think about your "vice"..."....Now that is big brother talk from a _________________...????

Yes I think same briefing, anyway we'll know soon enough

On 4/22/2020 at 2:04 PM, transam said:

Yeah well there are many people about like that, if they had brains they would be dangerous. ????

20 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah well there are many people about like that, if they had brains they would be dangerous. ????

A lot of them are named Muhammad, too. I've no idea why they seem to be running Thailand now.

3 minutes ago, Guderian said:

A lot of them are named Muhammad, too. I've no idea why they seem to be running Thailand now.

I think I mentioned something in that direction before, don't think it's there anymore. ????

Archived