List of Thai provinces that have banned alcohol sales

webfact

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Freely available in Chiang Rai. Big C was running a Thai whisky promotion, judging by the eye candy.

It was freely available out here in rural Khampaeng Phet yesterday. Today is a different day.

I went to the bank this afternoon and popped into my favourite grog shop. My friend told me that today they had to shut from 10 to 20 April. I called my wife and gave the phone to my friend and went to the car to get shopping bags. There was one left, wife had been shopping.

Went back and picked up 4 x 1 litre of Blend 285, 6 x 750 Hong Thong for me and 2 packs of soda. They hid the whisky in a cardboard box and off I went.

I wouldn't have minded so much but KPP province hasn't had any Covid-15 cases yet.

The government has to do something to something to save face and bring happiness and reconciliation to the Thai people and this is the best that they can come up with? 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thailand is no different to any other country in that in America the governors of each state can set the laws for that state the same is in Australia where the premier of each state can set the laws for that state and in Western Australia the premier of the state has brought in alcohol restrictions which limit the amount of take home alcohol that you can buy each day. The governors of the Thai provinces have the legal right to set what ever law they want in their province and anybody who breaches those laws and gets caught have no right to complain.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-wa-restricts-alcohol-amid-outbreak-040927104.html

4 hours ago, tropo said:

Good grief to you too:

I asked you a logical question, yet you continue to laugh at everything.

I asked you why should the sale of alcohol continue when the sale of all other non-essential items has been banned?

For example, my wife wanted to buy some skin care products yesterday from Face Shop, but the store was closed, but she is not in an uproar over it.

Perhaps I should ask the question in a way that you may understand:

Why is alcohol essential? Give me one good reason why it should be sold? Don't repeat your last stupid answer about the risk of people losing money because they can't sell it, because all shops have closed.

Alcohol is not essential , but I don't think it should be banned . It's important to have a way to relax and get your mind off all the Covid related problems . My way is to have a few beers once or twice a week , while watching football , cricket or rugby on the TV . Now that sport is cancelled , I don't have a way of taking my mind off the problems . That means I'm getting more stressed and it's starting have an adverse effect on people around me . In the past when there have been alcohol bans  most people have been able to get it one way or another ,  so shouldn't be a problem .

6 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

One thing for sure, they would have sent their slaves out to stock up before issuing this lunacy

Spot on mate ,  just sent my young sister in law out , to stock up .

We are self isolated ,  wifey in village, long time ...

Well I am stocked up 1000 bottles of vodka stored up. Got a great deal when a brewer was going out of business 2usd per bottle.  lol

And buy the way where I'm at most things are open, like hardware, phone, tire shops etc. only thing I have noticed closed is restaurants and the weekly market shut down.

10 hours ago, gimo said:

Alcohol is not essential , but I don't think it should be banned . It's important to have a way to relax and get your mind off all the Covid related problems . My way is to have a few beers once or twice a week , while watching football , cricket or rugby on the TV . Now that sport is cancelled , I don't have a way of taking my mind off the problems . That means I'm getting more stressed and it's starting have an adverse effect on people around me . In the past when there have been alcohol bans  most people have been able to get it one way or another ,  so shouldn't be a problem .

As the saying goes, where there's a will..........there's a relative way

20 hours ago, tropo said:

I'm not producing the list. The Thai government is. I'm just asking why alcohol should be exempted from the list. 

Because if responsible people want to drink alcohol at home, where they should be during these times, they should be allowed to buy alcohol It's as simple as that.

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

It was freely available out here in rural Khampaeng Phet yesterday. Today is a different day.

I went to the bank this afternoon and popped into my favourite grog shop. My friend told me that today they had to shut from 10 to 20 April. I called my wife and gave the phone to my friend and went to the car to get shopping bags. There was one left, wife had been shopping.

Went back and picked up 4 x 1 litre of Blend 285, 6 x 750 Hong Thong for me and 2 packs of soda. They hid the whisky in a cardboard box and off I went.

I wouldn't have minded so much but KPP province hasn't had any Covid-15 cases yet.

The government has to do something to something to save face and bring happiness and reconciliation to the Thai people and this is the best that they can come up with? 

Yes, annoy them even more.....????

Most provinces have joined this inane bandwagon, which is sheer, nonsensical panic of an imagined upcoming zombie apocalypse. Despite falling numbers. It seems that a percent of the population seems to thrive on panic. Take a deep breath. The world is NOT coming to an end.

This is the latest from Richard Barrow, anybody tried to buy alcohol in these provinces today.

According to the Ministry of Interior, at least 47 provinces now have a ban on the sale of alcohol:

1) Until further notice: Chon Buri, Phitsanulok & Phuket
2) Until April 15: Rayong & Ranong
3) Until April 16: Sakon Nakhon, Yala, Phichit, Lop Buri & Chiang Rai 

On 4/10/2020 at 1:15 PM, ftpjtm said:

Is there any particular reason for this?

The ban was initiated to prevent crowds of young, and not so young, people from crowding together and sharing a few drinks with their fellow 'rebels'!  Perhaps during these 'drinking sessions' a deck of cards may materialize or, heaven forbid, some might want to discuss the draconian measures being taken across the nation and around the world to combat an invisible enemy.

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

This is the latest from Richard Barrow, anybody tried to buy alcohol in these provinces today.

According to the Ministry of Interior, at least 47 provinces

now have a ban on the sale of alcohol:

1) Until further notice: Chon Buri, Phitsanulok & Phuket
2) Until April 15: Rayong & Ranong
3) Until April 16: Sakon Nakhon, Yala, Phichit, Lop Buri & Chiang Rai 

It would make sense if the dates were standardized in all provinces.

20 minutes ago, Prairieboy said:

It would make sense if the dates were standardized in all provinces.

No it wouldn't because song gran is celebrated at different dates in provinces around Thailand duh.

3 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

Puyai here in Mueang Nakhon Sawan just announced alcohol ban 12-22 April 

In the whole province? Puyai shouted today something but nothing about alcohol. My gf isnt the best news source. Amphoe nong bua/ban sa ngam. 

1 minute ago, rhyddid said:

Well done, decrease death and infections.

Meantime on our lockdown, our cellar is full of fine wines, pool ready lawn well trimmed, mango threes almost ripe, we will enjoy one of the quite Songkran and tonight ready for the first bottle a blanc de blanc Billecart Salmon.

Doubt it..........:coffee1:

It forces consumers of alcohol to travel to the neighboring province where queues will develop for the limited periods that alcohol can be legally sold under normal circumstances (eventhough one wonders what is "normal" in Thailand.  Legal hours are 11:00 - 14:00 and 17:00 - 24:00 according to some ruling from the dark days of dictatorships-only.  Forgotten for a few decades but re-activated by nobody less than Thaksin-in-excile-Shinawatra. And then worsened by the current PM to apply not only to retail volumes of < 10 liters but also to wholesale volumes.  An attempt to out-Thaksin, Thaksin.

The end result is imo a greater chance of transfer of the Covid-19 virus by the queuing alcoholics.

Instead, the government should make is mandatory for all big supermarkets to be opened for 24 hours per day (24/7) so that we can spread our shopping hours and reduce chance of getting infected.

8 hours ago, Prairieboy said:

The ban was initiated to prevent crowds of young, and not so young, people from crowding together and sharing a few drinks with their fellow 'rebels'!  Perhaps during these 'drinking sessions' a deck of cards may materialize or, heaven forbid, some might want to discuss the draconian measures being taken across the nation and around the world to combat an invisible enemy.

A decent sized gambling den was busted a few days ago in Nonthaburi. Not sure if alcohol was involved but several of the local constabulary got sent to inactive posts ????

Archived