Thailand reports 45 new coronavirus cases, two new deaths

rooster59

1 hour ago, Solidpoo said:

BS figures. I dont believe it one bit. Especially with countries with discipline people and much better healthcare like Japan and Singapore are struggling with 100 over cases per day

In Tokyo department stores are still open, and bars and restaurants still unbelievably open til 8:00pm! People with better discipline sure, but the government is fairly relaxed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Apparently checkpoints to be reinstated (different places) beginning of the week.

Yes, the latest I've seen of the new plan is that the city will be 'sealed-off' just to the east of Third Road, and the checkpoints will run all the way from Soi Kopai down Thepprasit Soi 7 to Soi Wat Bun, and then down to Soi Chaiyapruek, so the beach side of Jomtien is included too. The west side of this is the 'red zone' where all the filthy, infected foreign trash is to be found, while everything east of the checkpoints, including Sukhumvit, will be business as usual and 100% clean, mask-wearing Thais only. This is kind of ironic, as on the two big days of Songkran in Pattaya, the 18th and 19th, Sukhumvit is reduced to a single lane in either direction and there are literally tens if not hundreds of thousands of people lining it all the way down to Na Jomtien. Perhaps the mayor doesn't realise that the water throwing and drinking aren't restricted to the beach area. 

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

My point was that if villages were being locked off by bulldozing the roads in front of them here like they did in China, then it would be all over the news or by viral means on social media....sorry if I was not clear.

My bad, I wasn’t responding to your post. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wasabi said:

Testing Stats worldwide, including Thailand, here.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ image.png.c8b6fd58518dcc03c3b22fb0364a2584.png

Some observers note that a test is only a test if the results might get counted in the left-hand column of total cases. When the former official dug up and reported the additional tests making the total tests jump from 20k to 72k, none of those additional test results were included in the total cases. None. So, perhaps the only tests that should be included in the total tests column are the ones that might result in data in the total cases column being changed. If that's the case, then we'd have to stick with about 20k tests performed. That would make tests/1m pop in Thailand about 300. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Yes, the latest I've seen of the new plan is that the city will be 'sealed-off' just to the east of Third Road, and the checkpoints will run all the way from Soi Kopai down Thepprasit Soi 7 to Soi Wat Bun, and then down to Soi Chaiyapruek, so the beach side of Jomtien is included too. The west side of this is the 'red zone' where all the filthy, infected foreign trash is to be found, while everything east of the checkpoints, including Sukhumvit, will be business as usual and 100% clean, mask-wearing Thais only. This is kind of ironic, as on the two big days of Songkran in Pattaya, the 18th and 19th, Sukhumvit is reduced to a single lane in either direction and there are literally tens if not hundreds of thousands of people lining it all the way down to Na Jomtien. Perhaps the mayor doesn't realise that the water throwing and drinking aren't restricted to the beach area. 

Sadly there are people in Thailand that have the view you've listed in their psyche. Unfortunately I don't think its going to go anywhere. 

39 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Some observers note that a test is only a test if the results might get counted in the left-hand column of total cases. When the former official dug up and reported the additional tests making the total tests jump from 20k to 72k, none of those additional test results were included in the total cases. None. So, perhaps the only tests that should be included in the total tests column are the ones that might result in data in the total cases column being changed. If that's the case, then we'd have to stick with about 20k tests performed. That would make tests/1m pop in Thailand about 300. 

Worldometers give me a break 

Thailand has tested about 32k so far

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/file/situation/situation-no98-100463.pdf

The provincial governors are in charge for now, this is their one chance to put a stop to what's happening.

If there is a large increase in new cases towards the end of this month in some areas due to out of control Songkran events then I expect the central government to step in and take over any disease control measures in the areas where the governors failed.

I suspect it will be on a provincial or even city level. Movement controls / monitoring is already being put in place.

They're getting ready for outbreaks and seem to have been building infrastructure to enforce full movement controls.

How this turns out is down to the local idiots, the more idiots there are, the worse it will be.

1 hour ago, Canuck1966 said:

How does your local simpleton rationalise the whole country shutting down for 30 deaths in 3 months 

They don't even close down a lane of a road  when 30 passengers are expunged from the records in a minibus crash!

Absolute madness and economic suicide on a scale never seen before

How do you rationalise these numbers, when there is no testing being done, unless you pay for it?

And how about not many people being able to pay for said tests?

How do you believe anything the Thai- government feeds you?

• Like 2

The public health policing of the population of small villages, islands, etc is quite thorough and impressive. I had no idea such a network was in place in Thailand. I have seen little sign of it in Bangkok, but on Koh Yao Yai they had checkpoints, were going door to door, quarantining people at home who had arrived back on the island recently (most after losing jobs in Phuket) and keeping a list and checking on them 3 times a day. Hearing the same kinds of stories from Eastern provinces. So, I actually feel reassured about what is happening on the ground. 

• Like 1

Ive been going to Thailand for almost 40 years now......love the place, and the people...

Sure, its not perfect..but is anywhere perfect.?

Im in the U.K. I really "hope", all who post on here...advocating for no lockdown, open everything back up, not seeing people being buried in mass graves etc etc etc...are right......I dont think so..its just my opinion....we are all entitled to one.

Just been to pick up my prescription, heard on the radio that 2,000 yes two thousand! people died in one day! In the U.S.A.

Thats of course an enormous amount of people..In the U.K almost a 1000 have died daily for a few days now....

Of course, people can say, X amount of people die every year with the flu....it is of course true...Ive never, ever seen in my 60 years though, new "field " hospitals being buit, or ice rinks to be used as "morgues"...for people who die with the flu?

im booked to come to Thailand for 3 months in September.......no waay will that happen now..

Im "hoping" maybe I can go back in the new year..I dont know ...I guess nobody on this forum Knows either.

As for people only die with this virus...who have underlying health issues?  Thats not true.!  Red the news!! Maybe one way to make yourself "feel safer"? though!

Stay safe everybody!

Ive read somewhere, that Thailand is also going to use "other buildings etc", to be used as emergency hospitals? if so [email protected] mean quite a lot of people are thinking, this is all "over the top , open up the bars etc etc again"...so why the need to use these extra resources etc...if its only killing 1 or 2 people a day? Also!  now that social distancing is in use...Im assumong lots more road deaths/injuries etc are being avoided? This is of course brilliant news ...but if so...there would be LESS usage of emergency rooms/hospital beds etc etc...yet they are still using more buildings/resources etc to house more patients ?

STAY SAFE!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

“When someone can show me the criteria for covid-19 stats in Thailand and how this is collated I'll have more faith in these numbers. Testing in countries with high testing in the population is showing a near 50% of those tested being asymtomatic.”

NOT TRUE!!!!!

Look at the numbers of tests and positive results on PR Thai Government Laboratory Testing for COVID-19.

Facts Facts Facts!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Solidpoo said:

BS figures. I dont believe it one bit. Especially with countries with discipline people and much better healthcare like Japan and Singapore are struggling with 100 over cases per day

I guess you didn't get the news Japan has just been locked down more or less, they called for a state of emergency just within the last week. Your statement about Japan is not factual

4 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I had been hoping it was going to drop a bit more than that, but it seems to confirm a downward trend over the last ten days or so.

It would be very handy for numbers to drop away after the Songkran period has passed.

The cases are low only because they only test people who go to the hospital, they aren't doing real testing, because it's not free like some other countries. There are probably a lot of people that are asymptomatic a person is a carrier for a disease or infection but experiences no symptoms. Lucky to be in a warm climate where it can't survive as long like my state of Michigan in the USA they are 3rd in the death rate 1,276

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I had been hoping it was going to drop a bit more than that, but it seems to confirm a downward trend over the last ten days or so.

It would be very handy for numbers to drop away after the Songkran period has passed.

There   is not enough testing 20,000 per day "reported" .

And all those ,who haven't "reported"!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jimn said:

Be carefull on a public forum acusing the government of publishing BS figures. In my opinion whilst the figures may not be 100%, name me a country in the world that are able to publish such figures. If as you are suggesting that the figures are BS then I would expect there to be overflowing hospitals, no beds available and many more deaths. Social media in Thailand would be awash with the news. The absence of this suggests that the figures published by the government are as accurate as they can be.

All hail the voice of common sense. 

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but this government is not to be trusted or believed under any circumstances!!! Turn the president of evil, communist China upside down and shake him, you will see the prime minister of Thailand fall out of his pocket!!! Who wants to buy a beer bar??? <deleted>!!!!!!

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chiang Mai Bill said:

Only 35 deaths since January! Incredible.  980 die in the UK yesterday.

I hope all the dead in Thailand are being tested for the virus?

Qnly 35 deaths since January , amazing Thailand .

That said , keeping the figures low , keeps virus panic away ..

Edited by elliss

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

These daily figured reported from Thailand really do not seem correct to me.

All other Nations that have Covid outbreaks are reporting a rise in infections and Deaths as the disease takes hold. But here, there appears to be only a flat line of cases and Deaths. IE about 100 cases per day with about 2 deaths on average.

This will of course give the mortality rate at about 1.8 %, which is the rate the rest of the World is reporting.

The whole thing smacks of a severe lack of testing. And only yesterday a report that 60 medical staff had been infected seems disproportionate for the number of cases published ( 2,518 )

LOS - Land of Smoke

Cold countries are hoping the summer heat will kill the virus, we already havE that so maybe heat is a factor.

Edited by fred110
Spelling

4 hours ago, Enzian said:

People unable to even leave their villages. So I would argue that measures are being taken.

just outside of Surin checkpoints on all roads leading from villages with everyone being checked for temperature before they are able to leave or enter. this hasn been in operation for a number of days now

No local shops have or are selling alcohol due to risk of huge fine if caught

1 hour ago, Chiang Mai Bill said:

Only 35 deaths since January! Incredible.  980 die in the UK yesterday.

I hope all the dead in Thailand are being tested for the virus?

I would hope as well that they would, but pretty sure they are not.  The only true test after death I know of was the man on the train.

infected numbers going down or testing numbers down... it's hard to believe but they keep up the same strategy, thus maybe it's working.

Does anybody know how many people in China were tested, they don't/didn't report it and was wondering why a country with 1.3 -1.4 Billion people only has 81953 infected and 3,339 deaths, even if they Only  reported tests from the city of Wuhan only which has a population of more then 11 million people (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuhan As of 2015, the city of Wuhan had an estimated population of 10,607,700 people) numbers should be much much higher.....and they are keeping up the usual BS

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Germany 122,171   2,736   53,913 65,522 4,895 1,458 33 1,317,887 15,730
China 81,953 +46 3,339 +3 77,525 1,089 141 57 2 ???????  
UK 73,758   8,958   344 64,456 1,559 1,086 132 316,836 4,667