UK Passport renewal

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, john terry1001 said:

But I'm talking about doing everything legally, you obviously are not. Gov.co.uk says passports must be collected in person, as does the Trendy office, the British Embassy plus various people here who've used the correct process (including my mate). I've also contacted gov.co.uk and Trendy to ask exactly what the current process entails. 

While you've used a 'trusted guy' on of all things FACEBOOK, the biggest Bu*******ING social media platform on earth. If he was, and what he does, was legal he wouldn't be using Facebook, he would have a legitimate company and office.

I know who I'd prefer to believe. ????

I have had a reply from Key Services, the PP office in the UK is closed, but it seems soon to reopen, then Trendy will open, and your POSTAL SERVICE will be back in action....????

2 hours ago, john terry1001 said:

But I'm talking about doing everything legally, you obviously are not. Gov.co.uk says passports must be collected in person, as does the Trendy office, the British Embassy plus various people here who've used the correct process (including my mate). I've also contacted gov.co.uk and Trendy to ask exactly what the current process entails. 

While you've used a 'trusted guy' on of all things FACEBOOK, the biggest Bu*******ING social media platform on earth. If he was, and what he does, was legal he wouldn't be using Facebook, he would have a legitimate company and office.

I know who I'd prefer to believe. ????

Man it is legal to give someone the power of attorney. Do you live in the 18th century.

You really have zero idea and will not listen to people who have done this legally. So you carry on in your fantasy world. The guy I used has an excellent track record and is very trustworthy.

He does all the leg work I and indeed anyone has zero need legally to go to BKK

And to prove you are wrong look at my attached pictures from UK gov's own website

IMG_20200416_133917.jpg

IMG_20200416_134006.jpg

2 hours ago, john terry1001 said:

You can designate somebody do the application and to pick it up for you.

image.png.688e97e12891b474984a23a0594f2473.png

Getting your passport

You must collect in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf.

Source: https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/overseas/information/thailand/renew/adult

21 minutes ago, fourpack said:

Man it is legal to give someone the power of attorney. Do you live in the 18th century.

You really have zero idea and will not listen to people who have done this legally. So you carry on in your fantasy world. The guy I used has an excellent track record and is very trustworthy.

He does all the leg work I and indeed anyone has zero need legally to go to BKK.

Correct. A former resident from my current abode was already known and trusted before moving to bkk where he made himself useful by sourcing & sending items that were/are readily available in bkk but cannot be found locally. When ppts moved to trendy he simply added the service to his itinerary. Word of mouth did the rest.

(I haven't needed his help yet re passports, but I gave him a relatively hard task in which I had drawn a blank & he sorted it with ease. I didn't know him personally but know enough people that did/do.)

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 11:58 AM, ubonjoe said:

All the info needed is on this page for most applications.

https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/overseas/information/thailand/renew/adult

My son who is 5 years old has Thai and British passport, his British passport expires March 2021 we were planning a UK trip this year but had to cancel due to covid, I was going to renew his passport while in the UK is it possible to fly out Thailand on his Thai passport and enter the UK on his expired UK passport then renew it as planned, I have looked on GOV website but cant find a answer to this question.

20 minutes ago, ancharee said:

My son who is 5 years old has Thai and British passport, his British passport expires March 2021 we were planning a UK trip this year but had to cancel due to covid, I was going to renew his passport while in the UK is it possible to fly out Thailand on his Thai passport and enter the UK on his expired UK passport then renew it as planned, I have looked on GOV website but cant find a answer to this question.

Is he here on a entry from a UK passport or is he here as Thai.

If as a Thai he depart using his valid Thai passport and enter the UK on his expired passport.

They are accepting applications for UK passports at Trendy now.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Is he here on a entry from a UK passport or is he here as Thai.

If as a Thai he depart using his valid Thai passport and enter the UK on his expired passport.

They are accepting applications for UK passports at Trendy now.

Thanks joe, my wife is Thai and he was born in Thailand if it's not a problem arriving in the UK with a expired british passport I will do that, I hear reports about renew it here can be a pain.

On 4/14/2020 at 1:18 PM, kratiam said:

And there will be no entry stamp in the new passport.

That's no problem, as all information is in old passport,

just go to Immigration and get stamps,moved over to

new passport.

I live in the North ,no way was I going to make two trips

to BKK to renew visa,so sent passport EMS to my daughter

in the UK, done and returned to me in 12 Days,took to 

immigration and had stamps entered into new passport.

Illegal.....maybe but if the British government had not closed

easier ways for its citizens to renew passports,last one before

new one,was done in Chiang Mai,till they closed it down,then

handed the job over to VFS, an Indian company,for christs sake.!

regards Worgeordie

• 9 months later...

Archived