Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

I went to that link and entered my information. It said it doesn't match their records. What's wrong with this system? I've done everything exactly as it should be, I'm 100% eligible and I still get this kind of message?.............Went back again and it said the same thing as before, we can't determine your eligibility at this time??????????????

Edited by fredwiggy
Addition
15 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I went to that link and entered my information. It said it doesn't match their records. What's wrong with this system? I've done everything exactly as it should be, I'm 100% eligible and I still get this kind of message?.............Went back again and it said the same thing as before, we can't determine your eligibility at this time??????????????

I get the same message but in my case it is because I don't file and will be getting it based upon my SSA-1099

On the first page there is this message.

image.png.0183e7584fa037943d3c3b87167d60f7.png

On the page you get the message you can check the Q&A page it has a link for more info.

I'm like you too Joe, I don't file and used the non filers tool. I still get the same message on both the IRS and Get My Payment sites. They cannot determine my eligibility with what they have on file. I guess like Pib said, with so many people filing, it's taking a long time to get around to us, and it's just a generic message.

The IRS letter providing notification of the stimulus payment arrived our US/Texas mailing forwarding address today.  Both the wife and I got our payment in one $2,400 payment as we filed jointly. We received this stimulus payment 15 Apr via direct deposit to our US bank. 

The From Address of the Snail Mail Notification

image.png.f0cb392db9d2aae2efa6e27c2d555d84.png

So, the IRS is making good on the CARES Act requirement to get a snail mail notification of payment sent within 15 days of payment.

‘‘(6) NOTICE TO TAXPAYER.—Not later than 15 days after the date on which the Secretary distributed any payment to an eligible taxpayer pursuant to this subsection, notice shall be sent by mail to such taxpayer’s last known address. Such notice shall indicate the method by which such payment was made, the amount of such payment, and a phone number for the appropriate point of contact at the Internal Revenue Service to report any failure to receive such payment. 

If you get the snail mail notification of payment before the actual snail mail check or direct deposit arrives then it's time to definitely worry as to where your payment actually is/went.

More info on the IRS snail mail notification....signed by Dr. Donald.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/his-name-on-stimulus-checks-trump-sends-a-gushing-letter-to-90-million-people/2020/04/28/04143a62-8999-11ea-ac8a-fe9b8088e101_story.html

Edited by Pib
On 4/29/2020 at 7:06 AM, ubonjoe said:

It seems to be  delay in getting the direct deposit info from the SSA in their system. It seems to me that the best thing they could of done would of been to transfer the funds to the SSA and have them do the payments.

For what it's worth, I get my monthly SSI payments deposited directly into my Bangkok Bank account. As per info on the IRS website I was expecting my stimulus monies by the same route. Negative, they sent it by mail to my address in the US. At least I got it, just commenting for other people expecting direct deposit in Thai accounts.

11 minutes ago, Rig Pig said:

For what it's worth, I get my monthly SSI payments deposited directly into my Bangkok Bank account. As per info on the IRS website I was expecting my stimulus monies by the same route. Negative, they sent it by mail to my address in the US. At least I got it, just commenting for other people expecting direct deposit in Thai accounts.

Are your payments sent via Bangkok Bank in New York to a direct deposit account? Or are you using the International Direct Deposit (IDD) to a normal Bangkok Bank account?

Did you file a tax return in 2018 or 2019? If not it seems you are using a US address for the SSA that appears on your SSA-1099.

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Are your payments sent via Bangkok Bank in New York to a direct deposit account? Or are you using the International Direct Deposit (IDD) to a normal Bangkok Bank account?

Did you file a tax return in 2018 or 2019? If not it seems you are using a US address for the SSA that appears on your SSA-1099.

I use IDD to a normal Bangkok Bank account in Phuket. I filed my 2019 Return back in early April. The address on my 2019 SSA-1099 is my Phuket address. So I'm not sure why they chose to mail my check to the US address!?!

36 minutes ago, Rig Pig said:

I filed my 2019 Return back in early April.

Did you use your address in the states for it? If so that is why they sent it to there.

They will only use the address shown on your SSA-1099 and SSA direct deposit info if you have not filed a return.

1 hour ago, Rig Pig said:

I use IDD to a normal Bangkok Bank account in Phuket. I filed my 2019 Return back in early April. The address on my 2019 SSA-1099 is my Phuket address. So I'm not sure why they chose to mail my check to the US address!?!

Has your 2019 "finished" processing?  Until a return is fully processed your latest data in the IRS system would be based on your previous return like a 2018 or earlier return. And what address did you use on your 2019 return?

On 4/28/2020 at 3:23 PM, checkered flag said:

We got our Trump Bucks April 15th ($2400) by direct deposit related to info on 2018 tax return. My SS payment goes to Kasikorn bank via IDD, my wife's goes to US bank. I wondered if they would use IRS info or SS info. The answer is they use IRS info. I haven't received a rebate from Fed tax for years, but I did get a small California rebate last year because I filed as a non-resident. 

We don't need it now so it can site in the account for now, but it's still sweet.

I'm assuming your stimulus payment went to your US bank?  It's not clear whether your stimulus payment went to a US bank or a Thai bank.

I am back in the US now.  Sty friend, who filed 2018 and 2019 taxes, received her payment two weeks ago directly deposited in her US bank account.  I have not filed a tax return for either year but am told that I will get the payment directly deposited into my US bank account, now registered with SSA, in early to mid March.  Since all of the SSA offices are closed here all communications have to be done via the toll free number and it took two tries and over 4.5 hours on hold to change my address and direct deposit information with SSA, but I did get a notification by mail that the deed has been done.  I guess the only thing to do is wait and see if the stimulus payment comes along with my May SSA payment.  Now that things are starting to open up again,  I'll have to get back in line for my "elective" surgery.

• Like 1

Alot of idle chat folks. No one knows what formula they're using. I just received mine and didn't expect it. I'm retired living here on Social Security and a generous company pension. Mine will be used to help local families in need. Give it to the states? Hell no !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Greg O said:

Alot of idle chat folks. No one knows what formula they're using. I just received mine and didn't expect it. I'm retired living here on Social Security and a generous company pension. Mine will be used to help local families in need. Give it to the states? Hell no !

The formula for distribution  and eligibility is well published.  The IRS first looks for a 2019/2018 return....then if no return for either year they go look at SSA/SSI/VA. 

From your comments between your generous company pension and SS, you fill a return each year.  So, it was based on your 2019 return if you filed/it completed processing before your stimulus payment; if not, it was based on your 2018 return. 

• Like 2

So far, the best I can figure, no one has reported receiving a "stimulus or federal return refund" payment to their Bangkok Bank account.  Yes people receive SSA and other type of US govt monthly payments to their Bangkok Bank acct, but no one has reported receiving a stimulus or refund payment to Bangkok Bank.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 4/27/2020 at 5:26 PM, GinBoy2 said:

If I had to guess I'd say this is rolling out alphabetically.

A lot of folks I know with surnames starting ABC seemed to get the payment 2 weeks ago, for me with a surname H, I kept getting the 'we cannot determine your eligibility at this time' message until 2 days ago. I think poor Donna at work, with last name Z**** is gonna be waiting a while!

My last name starts with a V and I got mine on the 15th of April

2 hours ago, flexomike said:

My last name starts with a V and I got mine on the 15th of April

So maybe I was trying to apply too much logic to the workings of the IRS, silly me.

I've given up trying to understand it, but we got the direct deposit yesterday, so for those that haven't

Good Luck

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Greg O said:

Have you ever had a refund by direct deposit?

• Like 1

Going by what the IRS site has on it they have not done any stimulus payments for those that have not filed a return. For those that should be getting it based upon SSA-1099 they are saying that the info is not available yet on the login page for get my payment and the FAQ pages. And when it is available you will not be able to see the account number it was sent to as well.

• Thanks 1

They put the Non Filers link up to make it easier, especially for those with children, so you can give them your information. So, it's wait until they get around to those who didn't file recently. And when you get paid, it will just show up in your account for Bangkok bank.