Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

Next stimulus payment wave coming soon....focused towards those on SS/SSI/VA who did not file a 2019/2018 return....see news link below for full article.  And I partially quoted some key info from the article.  Once again, see the weblink for the full article.

https://www.morningstar.com/news/dow-jones/2020042411186/next-wave-of-irs-stimulus-payments-set-to-hit-bank-accounts-in-coming-days

WASHINGTON -- In the second big wave of stimulus payments, the IRS will send money over the next few days to people who recently provided their direct-deposit information.....

These payments will likely go to two groups: One set is tax filers who successfully used the Internal Revenue Service website's "Get My Payment" tool to add bank information by midday on April 22, according to the IRS. The other set is people who don't file tax returns but who receive Social Security or Social Security disability benefits, according to the Treasury Department....

The payments could follow the pattern that occurred when the government sent the first round of direct deposits two weeks ago. Then, the Treasury notified banks of the coming payments on a Friday. Some people saw the money in their accounts within hours. Nearly all the payments had arrived by the following Wednesday. This time around, that would mean payments arriving by April 29....

People who receive Supplemental Security Income or veterans benefits and don't file tax returns should get their payments by early May.

• Like 1

Apparently the Get My Payment website is now working better "for some" with the website undergoing update 23-25 Apr.  But I expect stimulus payment info related to SS/SSI/VA beneficiaries who did not file a 2019/2018 return is still in-work/updating.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-status-not-available-resolved-for-some/85-04f85280-a014-4e16-bae5-873086b7b94b

• Haha 2
On 4/20/2020 at 12:01 PM, watthong said:

I wouldn't also mind if a check is coming to me when I'm in the US physically to receive it. But if one is not on US soil, ie expats obviously, then it's another hassle to a) make sure the check has securedly arrived and b) get it cashed/deposited somehow.

My hard copy stimulus check has arrived at my US address. My family just sent me a pic. So it arrived on schedule April 24 US time.

Just posted by the IRS @ https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment Notice key words "NOT YET"????

Check on the status of your Economic Impact Payment

This application will give you information about:

• Your payment status
  • Your payment type
  • Whether we need more information from you, including bank account information

You May Need:

• Your 2019 return, if filed, and
  • Your 2018 return

Data is updated once per day overnight, so there's no need to check back more than once per day.

Note: If you receive an SSA or RRB Form 1099 or SSI or VA benefits, your information is not yet available in this application.

Get My Payment

5 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Just posted by the IRS @ https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment Notice key words "NOT YET"????

Check on the status of your Economic Impact Payment

This application will give you information about:

• Your payment status
  • Your payment type
  • Whether we need more information from you, including bank account information

You May Need:

• Your 2019 return, if filed, and
  • Your 2018 return

Data is updated once per day overnight, so there's no need to check back more than once per day.

Note: If you receive an SSA or RRB Form 1099 or SSI or VA benefits, your information is not yet available in this application.

Get My Payment

I just did this 2 mins ago to enter my bank account details for the payment.

Now my wife is a permanent resident with an SSN and we've always filed jointly.

It appears that things go pear shaped if you've filed jointly with a non resident spouse using an ITIN

5 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I just did this 2 mins ago to enter my bank account details for the payment.

Now my wife is a permanent resident with an SSN and we've always filed jointly.

It appears that things go pear shaped if you've filed jointly with a non resident spouse using an ITIN

True about ITIN But I do not claim my wife as I file single and this sit IMO is still NFG as will not recognize my info from Thailand.

9 minutes ago, bikerlou47 said:

No I have not and I have no dependents and my SS is direct deposited, but I have not seen a single dollar.

Same for me.

I have not filed tax returns and they will go by my SSA-1099. Apparently they have not been processed yet.

Perhaps they will start doing them this week.

• Like 1

Putting in the same information formatted the same way as before, it's now for the first time telling me the information inputted doesn't match their records. Try three times and you're locked out for 24 hours.

Not user friendly, IRS.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, taxout said:

Putting in the same information formatted the same way as before, it's now for the first time telling me the information inputted doesn't match their records. Try three times and you're locked out for 24 hours.

Not user friendly, IRS.

That is exactly what has happened to me.

I always had access to get my payment entering my Thai address, but since they did maintenance, I can't access my account.

Very, very frustrating!! 3 days in a row now.

Here is the timetable for mailed checks if you do not have your e account info logged with them. You need your agi which is line 7 on tax forms.

• Paper checks for people with up to $10,000 in AGI: the week ending April 24.
  • Between $10,000 AGI and $20,000 AGI: the week ending May 1.
  • Between $20,000 AGI and $30,000 AGI: the week ending May 8.
  • Between $30,000 AGI and $40,000 AGI: the week ending May 15.
  • Between $40,000 AGI and $50,000 AGI: the week ending May 22.
  • Between $50,000 AGI and $60,000 AGI: the week ending May 29.
  • Between $60,000 AGI and $70,000 AGI: the week ending June 5.
  • Between $70,000 AGI and $80,000 AGI: the week ending June 12.
  • Between $80,000 AGI and $90,000 AGI: the week ending June 19.
  • Between $90,000 AGI and $100,000 AGI: the week ending June 26.
  • Between $100,000 AGI and $110,000 AGI: the week ending July 3.
  • Between $110,000 AGI and $120,000 AGI: the week ending July 10.
  • Between $120,000 AGI and $130,000 AGI: the week ending July 17.
  • Between $130,000 AGI and $140,000 AGI: the week ending July 24.
  • Between $140,000 AGI and $150,000 AGI: the week ending July 31.
  • Between $150,000 AGI and $160,000 AGI: the week ending Aug. 7.
  • Between $160,000 AGI and $170,000 AGI: the week ending Aug. 14.
  • Between $170,000 AGI and $180,000 AGI: the week ending Aug. 21.
  • Between $180,000 AGI and $190,000 AGI: the week ending Aug. 28.
  • Between $190,000 AGI and $198,000 AGI: the week ending Sept. 4.
  • All other checks (e.g., those who didn't have tax info on file): the week ending Sept. 11.
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Thanks for reply (and the scare tactic), but I believe you misinterpreted that. Just because Thai wife gets nothing—does not mean an American expat gets nothing.  I will get a payment—just unsure when.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Go to Question/Answer 30. It says any American living abroad with a valid SSN is entitled to a stimulus check.  Answer #13 is very poorly written, typical of IRS.  It only refers to 2 of 3 possible scenarios, thus causing the confusion.

2 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Thanks for reply (and the scare tactic), but I believe you misinterpreted that. Just because Thai wife gets nothing—does not mean an American expat gets nothing.  I will get a payment—just unsure when.

It seems fairly clear to me.

image.png.fe21e9c3e9aa597b406be1a2101e71ed.png

It has been discussed before in this and another topic with other sources of info confirming it.

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It seem fairly clear to me.

image.png.fe21e9c3e9aa597b406be1a2101e71ed.png

It has been discussed before in this and another topic with other sources of info confirming it.

Joe, what that quote means is both spouses must have valid SSNs to receive a (double) payment (for both—implied).  If only one party has a SSN he or she sure as Hell will get a stimulus payment.  Unfortunately, the IRS does not spend a lot of time making things clear on a one time payment.

Willing to bet I’ll get a stimulus check.  Go to question/answer 30 for the proof.

• Like 1

The "Get My Payment" IRS webpage tells me that payments for my wife and me will be deposited into our US bank on April 30.  I receive SS benefits and file a 1040 every year.  I don't get refunds, but designate a US bank account for direct payment of taxes due to the IRS.

13 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Still the same message................................According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.

Every day the same. I don't understand why they can't determine my eligibility. I collect SS, entered the info for my daughter and I, along with the basic information of non filers,including bank acct. info. How can they say they can't determine my eligibility from what they have on file? What they have on file is all they need.

3 hours ago, khwaibah said:

This is how antiquated, backwards and incompetent the IRS is and they are not the alone as SSA is with them.

San Juan Mayor Says 'No One' in Puerto Rico Has Received a COVID-19 Stimulus Check

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/san-juan-mayor-says-no-one-in-puerto-rico-has-received-a-covid-19-stimulus-check/ar-BB13esQD?li=BBnb7Kz

Take for what it's worth and consider the source. Not one example or proof was given in the article to back up the mayors claim.  99% of the article was her complaining about prior disaster relief from 2017. Really bad journalism here.

• Sad 1
14 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Joe, what that quote means is both spouses must have valid SSNs to receive a (double) payment (for both—implied).  If only one party has a SSN he or she sure as Hell will get a stimulus payment.  Unfortunately, the IRS does not spend a lot of time making things clear on a one time payment.

Willing to bet I’ll get a stimulus check.  Go to question/answer 30 for the proof.

You need to resign yourself that if your filed a joint return with a person who has an ITIN neither of your will get a payment....and "neither" includes the person with the SSN.   There is only one exception and that for a person with SSN in the Armed Service (on active duty) who files jointly with a spouse who has a ITIN.

The exact same thing happened with the 2008 stimulus payments.

Now if you had filed Married Filing Separately you would be getting a stimulus payment.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Every day the same. I don't understand why they can't determine my eligibility. I collect SS, entered the info for my daughter and I, along with the basic information of non filers,including bank acct. info. How can they say they can't determine my eligibility from what they have on file? What they have on file is all they need.

This is probably a generic message which is given when the IRS has not "completed" determination of your eligibility because the IRS is still obtaining/evaluating/crunching data being provided from the SSA and data you provided directly to the IRS.  Remember, the SSA and IRS systems/databases "do not" directly interface with each other.   

Why can't we all get refunds within 24 hours when efiling our annual returns?  Well, even in our age of high speed computers the IRS can only process so many returns per day....and X-amount of returns undergo human eye evaluation vs just letting the computer do everything.  Same thing with the stimulus payments.  And when they have to fully or partially determine your stimulus payment based on information to be provided by another govt agency (i.e., SSA)  then that just makes things take longer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1