Thailand announces another fall in new COVID-19 cases

rooster59

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

Got to be heat and humidity, as well as lack of testing. This is clear from the absence of runaway numbers in any Southeast Asian country. Natural immunity is less likely, otherwise there'd be an imbalance in Thai vs foreign deaths. 

Don't the cold climate people spend most of their time in nice toasty homes where the temperature is quite high?Perhaps it's more to do with humidity than heat as one vid explained when exhaled the moisture evaporates in drier conditions leaving the now lighter virus to float around longer and if people are cooped up in their toasty low humidity homes they become even more vulnerable to infection.If this is the case then staying home is the last thing to be doing or recommending.

• Like 1

I would imagine it will stay around this number in accordance with Chairman Xi's directive. Thailand 45 new cases with 2 more deaths. China 46 new cases with 3 more deaths. Pure coincidence I'm sure. I just can't understand how the Prayut fanboy club can actually belive what we are being told.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Deez said:

What exactly did , Thailand do to have some of the best numbers in the world? Besides waiting until after Chinese New Year to do anything so they would not lose those baht. Believe government numbers here at your own peril

define best numbers - does it include actual testing ?  - best numbers right ?

you can't produce confirmed infection data if you are not testing - you do understand that right ?

So what you think - still the best numbers ? 

• Thanks 1

I would think that if you wanted to state false figures you would have a case of the virus in all provinces so if anybody that knew of somebody would think that was the person they knew about, but there are about 9 provinces that have no reported cases but I have not heard anybody from any of them say they know a case 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

yeh but that's offset (if it's true) with large numbers congregated in small houses and everyone's spoon dipped into the same bowls

This just underscores the point. No way Thais have been social distancing in any way, shape, or form. Thailand has been a sitting duck for catastrophic infection rates ever since it was the first country to report a case outside China (while Chinese tourists were still flocking in). Sure, the government statistics are a joke, but mass numbers of respiratory illness and death would be all over social media here in no time if they were happening. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, tropo said:

There have been studies on the effects of climate on SARS-Cov-2 spread. They conducted such a study in China the week before they started introducing measures to contain the spread on Jan 24.

I find I like the theory that it's more to do with humidity and being in an enclosed space with others as in colder climates people live in heated homes which tend to have much lower humidity causing the moisture droplets around the virus to evaporate leaving the virus lighter and able to float longer and making people in the enclosed areas much more vulnerable to infection.Beware the cure.Don't stay home!

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

Yes, Khun Prayut acted quickly to minimize the spread of the virus and the numbers are starting to prove that theory. 

Capture.khunprayut1.PNG.2541b17ad96677ea4e4626e0ff401fcc.PNG

Khun Prayut is luky Thailand has a warm climate. Same as the whole of South-East Asia, and India. 

• Haha 1

Great! Thailand showing good C-19 numbers. Icing on the cake TVers with an inferiority complex lashing out at the numbers.

All I need is for the US stimulus check to drop and I am going to pop the cork off one of my carefully horded bottles of the bubbly. Yeehah!

Edited by Why Me
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1