Fake Fake! Thai media publish their best fake news stories of the week

webfact

Fake Fake! Thai media publish their best fake news stories of the week

3pm.jpg

Channel 7 have started a regular feature addressing the problem of fake news online. 

They said that in these distressing virus affected times fake news was just one more worry people could do without.

Top of the Fakes was the story that Thailand was going into 24 hour curfew on the 11th to 17th of April. Many people believed that food delivery would even be stopped and only doctors and nurses would be allowed to move about. A ministry of the interior letter seemed to lend credence to the claims that the curfew would be more than 10 pm to 4 am but the verdict was.....

Fake news.

Second was the story that lime juice mixed with vinegar and soda was a handy cure for Covid-19. Many Thais believed this nonsense.

Third were erroneous claims that long term mask wear turned the blood into acid. 

Lastly, many students believed that once Thai school reopens - which is genuinely expected to be in July - students will have to make up for lost time by going into class on Saturdays and Sundays. 

Verdict: Fake news! 

The education ministry has in fact suggested that the October holidays will be cancelled and the second semester will be extended to April to make sure that students attend the usual amount of school in the next year. 

Source: Channel 7

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-13
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, webfact said:

Lastly, many students believed that once Thai school reopens - which is genuinely expected to be in July - students will have to make up for lost time by going into class on Saturdays and Sundays. 

this wouldn't surprise me

• Like 1

Just now, cyril sneer said:
32 minutes ago, webfact said:

this wouldn't surprise me

keep them at school 24/7 (boarding) 

- in doing so, the herd immunity challenge could then run its course,

without infecting the surviving remnants of their suffering families

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

The education ministry has in fact suggested that the October holidays will be cancelled and the second semester will be extended to April to make sure that students attend the usual amount of school in the next year. 

There's no second semester because there'll be no mid semester break. A 9 month straight through semester. I don't know but I'd say there is no place in the world that has a 9 month semester. Kids need a  break and so do teachers. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

They didn't mention the PR firm releases about the COViD-19 testing numbers that were proved to be fake.

Just who did hire that PR firm anyway?

No investigative journalism here at all, so we'll probably never know.

It's not a real PR firm but actually TaT that took over ????

7 hours ago, potless said:

Hopefully one benefit of exposing all the fake news stories will be to make people think a bit more about what they are spoon fed, before they rush to judgement.

definitely fake hope, my friend.     but i like the optimism   lol

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

I'm sure the teachers will be thrilled with that idea. Almost a year of study with just an Xmas break.

My wife has a niece who is very active on facebook and she gets to see the posts she is involved with.

Sometimes I have to calm her down. The absolute and complete lies being put out by red-shirts against the current government is astonishing. And they all believe them.

When the corruption gets bad enough for people to take to the streets in protest, I will start to take notice. Until then I will assume Thailand has the best choice from a list of bad options.