Pattaya: Take two! Color coded lockdown set to restart on Wednesday

webfact

1 hour ago, Susco said:

When you look at the map every checkpoint is right before a U-turn, which I think has a purpose.

If they let you go ahead, who's gonna stop you from taking the next u-turn?

When they put a police check point on Sukhumvit, they usualy block

the u turn with barriers, let's see if they do the same thing here.

I know it doesn't make sense, but at this level of competition all is possible.

Edited by kingofthemountain

48 minutes ago, natway09 said:

If people stayed home as requested instead of "trying it on" plan A would have worked

It seems reading a recent post on Thai visa

that most of the recent cases are people contaminated at home

by relatives, so not sure to stay at home is the best idea

27 minutes ago, BigStar said:
1 hour ago, Susco said:

If they let you go ahead, who's gonna stop you from taking the next u-turn?

Nobody. You may have your choice of u-turns. Up 2 U: it's Pattaya. If at the first you're told you can't enter the city, just tell the officer: "Please, sir, I have nothing to do so I'd like to be checked again at the next u-turn. I love you guys."

They'll always let you go ahead--straight. Whether you're qualified to enter our beloved city is the issue they're attempting to address.

If you had bothered to look at the map, you would notice that if you drive southbound every U-turn is past the checkpoint, and once you have taken the U-turn you're on the side of Sukhumvit which has no checkpoints but only many small sois that go into the city

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

It seems reading a recent post on Thai visa

that most of the recent cases are people contaminated at home

by relatives, so not sure to stay at home is the best idea

See you at the mortuary then...

40 minutes ago, Susco said:

If you had bothered to look at the map, you would notice that if you drive southbound every U-turn is past the checkpoint, and once you have taken the U-turn you're on the side of Sukhumvit which has no checkpoints but only many small sois that go into the city

It does look like an improvement over last weeks plan, at least southbound traffic not heading into the city can crawl by in the left lane, or use the unobstructed Railway Road.

What i don't see is any way they are going to check people from leaving the city zone. Looks like they are only controlling inward movement, unless I am missing something here.

Edited by NoBrainer

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

1. Move the checkpoints so darkside is inside the zone

2. Give a sticker or badge to put on the windscreen after the first pass through a checkpoint

3. On next passes use an "easy pass" lane if you got the badge

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I thought that up in 20 seconds. 

Nobody had any doubts about that.

16 hours ago, Susco said:

And what if you are not "qualified" to enter the city?

Make a u-turn and use the next small soi into the city?

Well that would not alleviate the problem, more likely exacerbate it. I think the idea is you return from whence you came. 

So if I live in Jomtien and exit the zone to buy groceries at Tesco Lotus, I may re-enter and go home only if I have a copy of my landlord's ID and phone number, plus a letter from him testifying that I live in the apartment he owns. Is that correct?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Goethe said:

So if I live in Jomtien and exit the zone to buy groceries at Tesco Lotus, I may re-enter and go home only if I have a copy of my landlord's ID and phone number, plus a letter from him testifying that I live in the apartment he owns. Is that correct?

How about using the one on Nua. Or alternatives within the boundaries. Might be worthwhile to avoid the delays.

Thanks for the advice, but that was not the point of my question. It seems to me that both Tesco Lotus and Big C on Sukhumvit are now both effectively "off limits." The documentation required to go grocery shopping there (or rather: to bring your groceries home) is, in effect, a ban.

On 4/14/2020 at 8:11 AM, Goethe said:

who knows ?? give it a try....

1 hour ago, Goethe said:

Thanks for the advice, but that was not the point of my question. It seems to me that both Tesco Lotus and Big C on Sukhumvit are now both effectively "off limits." The documentation required to go grocery shopping there (or rather: to bring your groceries home) is, in effect, a ban.

I just went past this area. It appears that the "Red" zone boundary will be the sukhumvit median. North south traffic is outside, south to north is inside. You'll be able to shop Tesco and big c, but will have to use the smaller inner roads to get back.

UPDATE

Pattaya Lockdown to be enforced on Thursday April 16

Lockdown-1x.jpg

PATTAYA:--After the dismal failure of the first Pattaya Lockdown last week, plans are now in place to implement the second attempt to close and control all entrees into Pattaya City commencing on Thursday April 16 at 14.00 hrs.

The move is in line with Chonburi Governor’s orders to control the movements of the population so as to stop the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) entering or leaving Pattaya city center.

Before the lockdown goes into full operation, a trial run will be conducted on Wednesday April 15, between 15.00-18.00 hrs.

At the end of the trial lockdown, officers concerned will convene a meeting at city hall at 19.00 hrs to evaluate whether any changes or improvements to the operations would be needed.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-lockdown-to-be-enforced-on-thursday-april-16-295463

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2020-04-14—

• Haha 2

This is a lock down for in and out traffic but there is no information what you need to leave Pattaya. What do I need if leaving Pattaya to go to Satahip for a few

hours and then return.

Will a drivers license with your address and a passport be OK to return, do you need any evidence of why you have to leave Pattaya??

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, pattjock said:

This is a lock down for in and out traffic but there is no information what you need to leave Pattaya. What do I need if leaving Pattaya to go to Satahip for a few

hours and then return.

Will a drivers license with your address and a passport be OK to return, do you need any evidence of why you have to leave Pattaya??

you need a residence certificate from Immigration, you still have time if you leave now, take a mask and gloves

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, essox essox said:

clever ARE YOU NOT ??

the majority on here ARE ENGLISH   or have YOU NOT GATHERED THIS FACT ????!!!

Really? And there was silly old me thinking we have lots of American, Canadian, Australian, and European members. I'm pretty sure there are even some Welsh, Irish and Scottish members, lol.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

you need a residence certificate from Immigration, you still have time if you leave now, take a mask and gloves

That makes a lot of sense as all they need to give you a residence certificate is your drivers license