1st May reopen?

SidJames

Reports from other news channels (no links allowed on here according to the rulers) that we are looking at a 1st May easing of closures in ChonBuri with restrictions being lifted.

As of tomorrow electronic stores can reopen.

I have been mailed this from pattaya ???? so can anyone else confirm the story or confirm it's truth?

I don't know if this also mean schools as it was not mentioned & I can't read the Thai language version

Schools are closed until July 1st. I read that posted from Bangkok ????

Also an international school has said the same thing via an email.  They are about to start term 3 and the whole term will be conducted online.

The original lockdown that we currently have was always supposed to be until April 30th.

Edited by thaiclan

2 hours ago, cubism001 said:

Air travel in from US?  Much appreciate no jeers, sneers, jokes, but any mention of letting a Yank in.  Thanks.

All travel into Thailand is currently suspended until April 18th.
After that it is only allowing entry for Thai nationals and long-stay holders, but you have to do a 14 day quarantine in a govt facility (no more stay-home quarantine).

1 hour ago, thaiclan said:

After that it is only allowing entry for Thai nationals and long-stay holders, but you have to do a 14 day quarantine in a govt facility (no more stay-home quarantine).

No thanks to those earlier returnees who dare to post on Facebook that they broke their home quarantine. Some people really don't understand the consequence of their actions.

Do they have to pay for the govt facility? 

2 hours ago, thaiclan said:

Extended to April 30th now.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I haven't read it in Thailand but other countries seem to be trying to open 1st May, countries are watching each other, hopefully they've smelt the coffee by now and realise they have to get the economy started urgently

Saw an interview with the deputy Italian health minister saying that smaller restaurants and bars will not be able to open until a vaccine is found.

To small for social distancing. 

No one will be smelling the coffee in Europe until there is a medical breakthrough.

Thailand may well get things going quicker but visa on arrival will have to be reinstated. Any jumping through hoops and very few will come.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WillyPlatt said:

Saw an interview with the deputy Italian health minister saying that smaller restaurants and bars will not be able to open until a vaccine is found.

To small for social distancing. 

No one will be smelling the coffee in Europe until there is a medical breakthrough.

Thailand may well get things going quicker but visa on arrival will have to be reinstated. Any jumping through hoops and very few will come.

Opening airports and resuming normal flights would just create new waves of Corona so i imagine that will be restricted for a long time, maybe no new tourism for 6-18 months

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Opening airports and resuming normal flights would just create new waves of Corona so i imagine that will be restricted for a long time, maybe no new tourism for 6-18 months

Absolute certainty for at least 1 year

30 minutes ago, Monomial said:

We won't have beaten the virus in 2 weeks either. And while you are partying, having the time of your life and crying "let them eat cake,"  millions are facing financial ruin and starting to look towards crime as the only way out.

Roadrunner won't be so happy when he gets stopped and mugged on those relatively traffic free roads, will he?

With a raising crime rate this makes me for sure want to never carry my passport with me....
The May 1 date could change at any time....

15 hours ago, fforest1 said:

With a raising crime rate this makes me for sure want to never carry my passport with me....
The May 1 date could change at any time....

May 1st 2021 is more accurate

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The food line ups on buahkow are getting longer and longer. Even is stuff does open, who has money to spend anything? Don't underestimate paranoia either, it won't be like everybody will peel off the masks all at once. If there is even a minor spike in infections, it's all closed again imo. This is still going downhill fast.

Many are mototaxi drivers in the food lineups, that will tell you something.

Edited by supdog

On 4/15/2020 at 7:29 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I haven't read it in Thailand but other countries seem to be trying to open 1st May, countries are watching each other, hopefully they've smelt the coffee by now and realise they have to get the economy started urgently

I think there will be a partial opening of places, but I don't know about aircraft in the sky so soon, maybe outbound in May, inbound June, but hey in Thailand anything goes. 

Temperature checks & social distancing will remain in force, albeit it they might loosen up on bars and restaurants, but big events will remain closed, the masks and sanitizing will be around for a while, until some vaccine comes to market.

Schools from what I have been told are to reopen 1 July, we don't know if we will send our kids to school so early because if they catch it (herd immunity) and bring it here, I will be departing this planet much earlier than anticipated.

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

They will bet on the "clean" Chinese and try to get them back as soon as possible (even if they spend nothing here).

Spend nothing here?  Think again.  I got Chinese to spend 3.25MB, 3.3MB, 3.5MB, 7.5MB, and 10.25MB on condos here.  And, that's just lil 'ol me.