8EF7B435-EAB8-455F-9A74-48D173DDEA02.jpeg

CB7CC337-0061-4985-9035-EC80BA452D91.png

2741D816-A963-4064-A026-35649AE315CB.png

FEBEBAD7-AB98-4235-AD11-A17BEBA8077A.png

Edited by Yinn
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

There are many good doctors here in Thailand,  doctors and surgeons actually, and you will find many have been trained in the USA, some in Europe.  But they are not the target of my derision.  The self aggrandising blowhards in the government or those who consider themselves experts, rightly or wrongly are my target.  Sure the figures the government release paint Thailand in a good light but I  trust neither my own government or the Thai government to be as honest and trustworthy as I expect.  In fact the Thai government is far worse than the Australian government judging by some of their actions "No-one will be left behind" but millions have been.  Expecting people on low incomes  to pay many 1000's of baht for the Wohan China virus test....bad bad Prayut.  Time to take the rose coloured glasses off Yong.  ????

Look like the Aussies do good job Corona same. 

Good luck. Hope it finish soon.

link https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

5A4137C6-84D1-46F8-A121-7D186D11897A.jpeg

Edited by Yinn

2 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

It's ok, @Yinn doesn't reply to any posts where she has been busted...

It's the Thai trait of never admitting to a mistake...

Er, post #29

you make mistake.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RedPill said:

That's the thing .. there are so many different articles, opinions, etc. 

What's the most credible source to believe?

I mean, it's hard to believe that the labs and medics all over the world can't get a clear answer to this.

Otherwise, where do all these different opinions and arguments between people come from?

Stupid example, we all know by now that smoking cigarettes is not the best to avoid cancers ... nobody in the world disputes this.

They still smoke, but don't argue against that fact, because they know it. It's just a personal choice. The facts are clear and there, for everybody to see.

Why are there so many people in limbo discussing and are opinionated ... all these conspiracy theories, they are really in a big uptrend right now, from what I see and read. No one is on the same page, in terms of knowledge nor believe, about that corona virus, on a door knob, on a dead body, yes or no?

I would have thought with todays technology and capabilities, it would be such a simple question to settle and get answered, but apparently not.

For what did people fly to the moon to, all that effort, knowledge and technology? ;-)))

But no ... today ppl are vandalizing 4G masts (!!!), because they think 5G masts are driving corona infections. Bloody hell.

That's why I refer to the internet as the cesspool of knowledge!The correct info is probably there but it's hard to get a clear view of it when it's surrounded by so much sh!t and filth.If you have a good filter though you can find some gems.

9 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Look like the Aussies do good job Corona same. 

Good luck. Hope it finish soon.

5A4137C6-84D1-46F8-A121-7D186D11897A.jpeg

Hi there, I am far to angry with the useless Australian government for letting Chinese nationals into Australia as long as they did and for allowing Chinese buyers to ship plane loads food and medical supplieS back to  China at the detriment of Aussie citizens...so will wait to have a cordial discussion regarding that.  But I live in ThailLand, because I choose to, so what happens in Thailand is relevant to me.  If I get sick I go to the local hospital.  If I need my pick-up repaired I go to the local repair guy.  If I need supplies I go to big C or Makro. I go to PhiChit to a very good dentist.  Some people get my trust and my business.  But the Thai government don't get my trust.  It appears to me they consider themselves more than the people they are supposed to serve.  When the wife and I take Mar to the government hospital every 3 months I  look around and see the faces of Thai people who have worked hard,  their bodies tired from heavy jobs....maybe some wiTh life changing injuries.  What sort of pension do these worn and broken bodies get.....700 baht a month!   Politician's in Bangkok would spend that and more on today's lunch.  If it wasn't so disgusting it would be funny.  So you can feel proud of the numbers, but I  cannot. 

• Like 1

My experiences of the Thai health service have always been excellent from the births in my family to my own accident requiring over 30 stitches.

Yinn you are rightly proud of a health service which supports a nation where many people do not have the money to afford extortionate prices, yet receive excellent care.

Lets not confuse the sychophantic waffle of politicians and the like with the quality everyday services the Thai health system provides

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Yup, I hadn't bothered to re-read the thread...

Well done you, that's a first ???? I'm impressed... Yinn for POTY

Good idea, she is a living oracle.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

Maybe you agree the doctor and medical is terrible in thailand? 

Many doctors in Thailand are notorious incompetents.

I have had an original illness for almost two months; it's called "chronic fatigue"; and it is suddenly caught without warning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_fatigue_syndrome

One of the symptoms is that it makes you want to sleep, headache, etc..

Some days, at the beginning, I slept almost all day, say 20 hours a day; and well after two visits to the public hospital of Sawang then that of Udon Thani, the two doctors who examined me of course did not find what I was suffering from and the worst they gave me drugs that make you sleep ; as if I needed that extra!

7 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Many doctors in Thailand are notorious incompetents.

I have had an original illness for almost two months; it's called "chronic fatigue"; and it is suddenly caught without warning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_fatigue_syndrome

One of the symptoms is that it makes you want to sleep, headache, etc..

Some days, at the beginning, I slept almost all day, say 20 hours a day; and well after two visits to the public hospital of Sawang then that of Udon Thani, the two doctors who examined me of course did not find what I was suffering from and the worst they gave me drugs that make you sleep ; as if I needed that extra!

You went to hospital because you were feeling tired!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 473geo said:

You went to hospital because you were feeling tired!!!

No because I was suddenly sleeping 20/24 

while I have always been in excellent shape;

making between 15,000 and sometimes more than 20,000 km per year on mountain bikes on all types of roads and of course off-piste.

Normal pulse,
no temperature,

no cough,
but excessive fatigue after walking even 10 meters.

I don't smoke and never drink alcohol

For me who never see a doctor it was something not normal

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Assurancetourix said:

making between 15,000 and sometimes more than 20,000 km per year on mountain bikes on all types of roads and of course off-piste.

Normal pulse,
no temperature,

no cough,

Wise man.....

I see "you know who" found your predicament funny, but to be expected...????

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Normal pulse,
no temperature,

no cough,

But 'chronic fatigue syndrome' - hospital - really

8 hours ago, RedPill said:

Cool down, land your airplane ????

Yes, Thailand is famous for good & cheap dental tourism ... yes, it's overall better than Cambodia and some surrounding countries

It's also great if you want to cut off your penis and want to become a lady.

But please, overall, I know so many people who have to leave Thailand after i.e. getting an infection on their legs ... and it's back to the home country, before they take that leg off. 

I've also seen a lot, plenty, maybe too many, Thai's and their family visitors laying and camping around on the floor in government hospitals ... quite a shocking sight if you are not used to it.

And all the girls who really want a good nose job and have the cash, book a ticket to South Korea ...

But sure, it's better to be here in Thailand, or maybe next station Singapore, if you have the cash and insurance, compared to some countries around here.

That's why I stay at home since 3+ weeks. I don't want to end up in a Thai hospital with corona ... I do have insurance, but not even sure whether this would cover me now, to be honest. Better not and stay safe for the moment.

Can you provide proof of those amputations? I doubt it. You haven't a leg to stand on.????