Getting in to Thailand!

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So what's with latest spike in Singapore.

This is almost entirely an issue with poor migrant workers who live in basically dormitory conditions. A single infection can rapidly infect hundreds. Migrant workers have, until recently, frequently crossed from Malaysia and Indonesia. It was a problem waiting to happen. Singapore can likely prevent it from spreading into the larger Singapore population, but I would expect most of the workers in those dormitories to be infected over the next few weeks or months. They are mostly young, so the death toll will probably not be too bad.

It is fortunate that Thailand does not have the very large slum areas that were in its cities and large towns 20 years ago. That lessens the risk of huge clusters of infections somewhat. However, there are still large families living in small houses and apartments. An infection of one family member will likely result in the other family members all becoming sick.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 1:40 PM, ChouDoufu said:

@BritSteve   is this applicable to your current visa?

China offers exit, entry conveniences to foreigners amid epidemic control

http://english.www.gov.cn/statecouncil/ministries/202003/01/content_WS5e5bbb71c6d0c201c2cbd51f.html

Your Chinese visa during the coronavirus epidemic (UPDATED 12 Mar): further measures to fast-track and streamline visas and residence permits; foreign nationals eligible for automatic two-month extension; how to renew Shanghai work and residence permits

https://www.thesquare.blog/2020/03/01/chinese-visa-coronavirus-update/

Hi and thanks for the reply

I have a business visa for China as Im just working in the shipyards and on vessels when they sail for sea trials. I am not resident in China.

I am waiting to see what happens with the VOA situation as I dont or can't wait till September to get back as my work here may be finished sometime in May.

If I got to the border with Vietnam do you think they would let me in? Was thinking of hiring a car and driving it from the border to Roi Et.

Steve

2 minutes ago, BritSteve said:

Hi and thanks for the reply

I have a business visa for China as Im just working in the shipyards and on vessels when they sail for sea trials. I am not resident in China.

I am waiting to see what happens with the VOA situation as I dont or can't wait till September to get back as my work here may be finished sometime in May.

If I got to the border with Vietnam do you think they would let me in? Was thinking of hiring a car and driving it from the border to Roi Et.

Steve

Land borders are closed.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, BritSteve said:

If you got into Vietnam you would have enter Laos or Cambodia to get to a Thai border crossing.

All border crossing are closed so that would not work at this time.

Look here at the requirements for the other countries here. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

On 4/15/2020 at 12:00 PM, petermik said:

Just announced Thai airports closure extended until 30th April.....:whistling:

On 4/15/2020 at 12:00 PM, petermik said:

Just announced Thai airports closure extended until 30th April.....:whistling:

Airport closed, what does that mean? when I go to Kayak.com & search for flights going BKK - LAX in late April, plenty show up.  How can that be if the airport is closed?

On 4/15/2020 at 6:43 AM, EricTh said:

Excuse me, but why should foreigners with Thai spouse be more important than those with work visa or retirement visa?

Those intending to retire to Thailand can put their plans hold I would have thought - slightly more difficult for most of us to put our marriage on hold. Do you honestly think its as important for someone to be able to complete their retirement plans than it is for someone to visit their wife?

Those with a work permit - depends on their situation but simply having a 'work visa'?? They might not yet have even taken up their employment.

Edited by KhaoYai

11 hours ago, burlap said:

Airport closed, what does that mean? when I go to Kayak.com & search for flights going BKK - LAX in late April, plenty show up.  How can that be if the airport is closed?

Flights out of thailand are still leaving daily. Its coming in on a flight that you cant do unless you are thai, have a work permit , a member of the government etc....

36 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Flights out of thailand are still leaving daily. Its coming in on a flight that you cant do unless you are thai, have a work permit , a member of the government etc....

That is not correct since earlier this month.

"THAILAND - published 15.04.2020
Flights to Thailand are suspended until 30 April 2020 17:00 UTC.
- This does not apply to state or military aircraft, emergency landing, technical landing without disembarkation, humanitarian aid, medical, relief and repatriation flights. Passengers will be subject to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival."

Source: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct since earlier this month.

"THAILAND - published 15.04.2020
Flights to Thailand are suspended until 30 April 2020 17:00 UTC.
- This does not apply to state or military aircraft, emergency landing, technical landing without disembarkation, humanitarian aid, medical, relief and repatriation flights. Passengers will be subject to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival."

Source: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

Thats what im trying to say.

8 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Thats what im trying to say.

47 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Where does it say a work permit or Thai's in it. Thai's are only being allowed into the country if they are repatriating by air or land now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Where does it say a work permit or Thai's in it. Thai's are only being allowed into the country if they are repatriating by air or land now.

I meant thai repatriation. I still believed people with work permits where allowed in. I stand corrected. 

Cheers