Thailand reports 30 new coronavirus cases, two new deaths

webfact

I wish we could see total number of deaths here by month up to date (and all causes...doesn't even have to be broken down by type of death). Then we could compare the last three months with the same time period of the previous years and decide whether to worry or not. Just that one bit of data could mostly solve our speculations. They wouldn't have to do any more testing or be any more open about policies. Just tell us how many people died in the country each month. Other countries make that available via public spreadsheets. Anyone seen that specific data anywhere?

17 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Anyone seen that specific data anywhere?

I've tried to look through various Thai government websites but no. I'm guessing if you need just numbers, the civil registration system will have it, for causes of death, it could be MoPH.

Here's some info about them: http://www.this.or.th/files/6.pdf

I do hope they've improved some since 2007...

Capture.JPG.ef3fea4838ad4452bc16a52aba6d1e73.JPG

EDIT: Yes, it's MoPH. Good luck asking Anutin for the data...

Capture.JPG.84e678d376cc852591ae4f4be54f352c.JPG

EDIT3: Here's where deaths get entered: http://deathreport.dcs.moph.go.th/

EDIT4: And the birth/dead database seems to not to exist in the public internet at all: https://deathbirthrepo.dcs.moph.go.th/

Edited by DrTuner

3 hours ago, Tingnongnoi said:

probably doesn't need to be posted 3,981,765 times on every thread everyday though!

I've just finished counting the number of C19 threads and posts and your figure of 3,981,765 times equates to one post every 423 threads. every 14 days hardly every thread everyday is it?

If the government is lying and all we are doing is wear a mask and keep 2 metres away from anybody else ( which is impossible when u buy petrol for ur bike or do a transaction in some shop, like buying cat food or coffee beans ) then I think we are heading for a disaster.

2 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

Apparently there are 10,184 ventilators units nationwide. So if there are only 2,855 available, 7,329 are being used, but in the treatment of what is the issue?

Possibly for the spike in pneumonia from unknown causes cases.

1 hour ago, Sharp said:

Ill say this I think we will all see when this rinses out how much it's been blown up by the media a fear narrative and Sweden will be known as the country that largely bucked the narrative.

Lochdowns of this magnitude when 97% of people will recover/minor symptoms or wont even have symptoms seems unreal to me. 

Coronavirus Cases:2,000,734

Deaths:126,776

Recovered:484,781

Yep. This definetly shows a media beat up. These figures are understated. Guess you don't understand pre-sympomatic and asymtomatic transmission yet and don't care that people die. 

I found yet another COVID visualization while trawling MoPH sites: https://hdcservice.moph.go.th/hdc/main/index.php

Same data source as the other government one.

Huh, if you select the "Dashboard" tab it shows some data from in/outpatients.. interesting.

EDIT: Seems like a treasure trove, some data on causes of illness/death: https://hdcservice.moph.go.th/hdc/reports/page.php?cat_id=491672679818600345dc1833920051b2

Edited by DrTuner

6 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I found yet another COVID visualization while trawling MoPH sites: https://hdcservice.moph.go.th/hdc/main/index.php

Same data source as the other government one.

Huh, if you select the "Dashboard" tab it shows some data from in/outpatients.. interesting.

Yeah. I found that one, too. However, I believe the data there is the official data exluding all those tests we're interested in.

• Like 1

Ok some relevant quotes from http://www.this.or.th/files/6.pdf :

The country’s civil registration system is effective.

When compares with total population
from national census in the year 2000, the civil registration system captured 95 percents of
the total population. Although counting the number of birth and death in country is
effective, the quality of information regarding the cause of death (COD) is quite low.

There is high proportion of ill-defined and misclassified cause of death.

There are many reasons of the low quality COD. One of them is the limitation of physicians
and health professional’s skill on specifying COD from chain of illness. This challenge is now
mitigated by in-services training about specifying COD to physicians and health professionals
and also the incorporation of the knowledge into pre-service training curriculum.

Rapid Assessment National CRVS systems: A case study of Thailand, November. 2012 7

Other reason of low quality COD is that 60-70% of the deaths occurred outside hospitals.
COD information in death certificate is provided by relative of deceased to village registrar
who has no health or medical background. As the result, large number of COD information
in civil registration system is ill-defined and questionable

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

So, 60-70% of deaths in Thailand occur outside of hospitals and the cause for those is generally not very valid (in what is recorded vs. what happened). 

And even with those figures the hospitals are often full: https://www.krungsri.com/bank/getmedia/587ccdaa-91a8-4305-a86f-30ea43558f0b/IO_Private_Hospital_190624_EN_EX.aspx

Thais tough it out at home. 

25 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

And even with those figures the hospitals are often full: https://www.krungsri.com/bank/getmedia/587ccdaa-91a8-4305-a86f-30ea43558f0b/IO_Private_Hospital_190624_EN_EX.aspx

You are correct.  From my experiences of living in the provinces and working in the provinces of the north and in Issan, family takes care of family, no one wants to sit for an entire day in que at the hospital, and most do not have access to the private hospitals because of a lack of money.  Instead they may go to the local clinic or pharmacy and ask for some advice on what there bedridden family member should take. In the end not much else is done.  It is rare to have an autopsy in a small village, unless there are extenuating circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if any investigative journalists (if there is such a thing in LOS) are researching into the increased number of deaths due to pneumonia, influenza, lung infections in the 1st quarter of this year. Probably an impossible task as Ai Anutin and his cohorts would be the keeper of the stats.????

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Forza2002 said:

I wonder if any investigative journalists (if there is such a thing in LOS) are researching into the increased number of deaths due to pneumonia, influenza, lung infections in the 1st quarter of this year. Probably an impossible task as Ai Anutin and his cohorts would be the keeper of the stats.????

Thai Enquirer or Bangkok Post would be the ones doing such work. I haven't seen any indication of it, but we'll see if they publish an article.

44 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

Ok some relevant quotes from http://www.this.or.th/files/6.pdf :

Just like they have for centuries!It's a way of life or in this case death.That's some enlightening info there Dr T and seems to fit with the general acceptance rural Thais have about life and death that we falang find difficult to comprehend.It's a bit like the way they are unconcerned with their rubbish disposal where they just toss it and forget,in the past the rubbish would decompose but now it's plastic so doesn't decompose and it just stays around but it's such an ingrained behaviour that it takes time to change which doesn't come easily to Thais especially rural Thais.I guess that's why they call it a developing country and there's still lot of developing to be done in rural areas of Thailand.

That info suggests to me that it's not so much a cover up but a shortfall in expertise in the provision of accurate data.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Coronavirus Cases:2,000,734

Deaths:126,776

Recovered:484,781

Yep. This definetly shows a media beat up. These figures are understated. Guess you don't understand pre-sympomatic and asymtomatic transmission yet and don't care that people die. 

Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 20.44.37.png

2 hours ago, Kks88 said:

Cause of death on certificate - lung infection 

Did your Father in law live alone if not has anybody else get the virus that he was in contact with if not I would guess it might not be Convid 19 related

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

These numbers seem suspiciously low to me.

Hovering around the 30-40 mark for the past few weeks.

Anyone else feel that or is it just me?????

They do but it's hard to say.  It wouldn't surprise me.

Countries like this would be decimated if it weren't for tourism.

On the flip side, things are going very well, much better than expected.  I hope for the latter not the former as I"m sure we all do.

I keep suggesting check out the Din Daeng night food market over on Thanon Pracha Songkhro. That big formerly empty space in the middle is again filling up with food sellers, and the lane that leads away from the street is long and narrow and packed with people selling live fish and every other thing and people are jostling elbow to elbow, sure they have masks but so what? If any herd has immunity it must be those people, they wouldn't be returning to previous form if they all knew of people sick. And I'm seeing signs of places (shouldn't be specific) that should be closed that are wink wink nudge nudge actually open. What I'm saying is that there is this urge to return to normal because in some communities people just aren't feeling the crisis. And yes, I know it is a horrible disease.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Low numbers again, continuing the downward trend if they are to be believed. If so great but test numbers need to be increased 5 or 10 fold to paint a true picture. Second wave incoming? Thailand needs to learn from other nations experiences.

Singapore which was lauded for its response is now going through a second wave far more serious than the first, the main sources of this second wave are migrant workers in dormitories and construction sites, akin to the situation we have in Thailand with the Burmese camps and construction sites still going on. Its just a matter of time before an outbreak occurs within these settings and then this could tip the virus here in Thailand to comparable numbers as those in Europe.

The Thai Health service is NOT prepared for large numbers of serious patients. Thailand currently has 10,184 ventilator units nationwide but only 2,855 are available. (Figures from WHO Thailand yesterday)

I'm afraid if the virus takes a hold in Thailand then there is no doubt that this is the last place you want to be.

That must be the tenth matter  of time in ten weeks.........

• Confused 1

I have a friend who works at a hospital tells me some very disturbing news when you get the Virus 19?

No admittance! You will go to isolated place like the Army base under military watch. So no notice will be given to the public how many will die. Keeping this from the public is very wrong. It would be a very good reason to dismissed leaders of the government of Thailand? So many Thai people died in the village of Chock Jai near Korat when they knew about Malaria ability to cure the body.

Again the Government has blocked sale of the Malaria Drug, Any reason why? We know it works from other countries, So Why? I took this drug for over Two years in Vietnam with NO side effects!

Warning if you go to any hospital if they lock you up to a place that not use medicine to watch you die. So many Chinese people came to Thailand yet not any word true number getting the problem or Deaths of Chinese people. Now all flights for mail do not leave Thailand.

They have not cure at hospital, You not see the Virus and no one getting medicine. I know one foreigner whose family  all got the Virus and use Augmenten for three weeks who survived from Virus sickness.

i wish all a very positive recovery to everyone and their family. Thank you

• Thanks 1