Mosquito trap 2020

Tagged

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

They don't work??? This must be my imagination then.

image.thumb.jpeg.1778a61bb00a43f9c5976c740e51395f.jpeg

Yes. Whilst some curious mozzies might get caught, research shows that most insects in the zappers are not female biting mozzies. The female biting mozzies making up less than 5% of the total... leaving the area's population increasingly dominated by females. Meanwhile, you'd do better to have some fish in a bowl to eat the larvae of the next million eggs to be hatched...

I vote for carbon dioxide/fan traps. I used to prefer the tennis bats, but now my eyes aren't good enough to track them (they just disappear) and I'd given that up when I hit 50.

Also, the light might attract more of them to the area, meaning you end up with MORE.

6 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Mosquito's are not attracted to light or repelled by them. 

These work in the bedroom at night. Trust me.

Glen Teaching EngThaiSing Asia | Helping would-be English Teachers ...

Yes poison works - but suspect AQI most places is about all we need for our own lungs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Yes poison works - but suspect AQI most places is about all we need for our own lungs.

Go ahead and forecast doom. Obviously you know nowt.

Is this product dangerous for human? This product is not dangerous because the active ingredient is in Pyrethroid group which is highly effective for mosquito but safe for human, children and pet.

On 4/16/2020 at 7:59 AM, CharlieH said:

In my experience the blacklight type devices have been next to usless.

The most effective for us has been the spiral design that you light and gives off smoke/vapour. 

Indoors we have several UV traps which do remove a significant number of biting bugs. Outdoors they're useless. Because they attract many more bugs in comparison to the indoor environment.  Placing banana leaves sprayed with cooking oil works wonders outdoors for many nocturnal bugs. Next day, just throw the leaves on the compost heap (if you're able).

5 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Go ahead and forecast doom. Obviously you know nowt.

It is an insecticide with hopefully less long term toxic effects than DDT.  But being better than DDT (we hope) does not make it something we should be breathing  It is a poison regardless of being based on flowers and in the form indicated remains in air (you breath it) long term - not just a quick spray/leave/return to clean room.  No I would not recommend anyone to use inside closed home.  

• 3 months later...
On 5/13/2020 at 8:13 PM, lopburi3 said:

It is an insecticide with hopefully less long term toxic effects than DDT.  But being better than DDT (we hope) does not make it something we should be breathing  It is a poison regardless of being based on flowers and in the form indicated remains in air (you breath it) long term - not just a quick spray/leave/return to clean room.  No I would not recommend anyone to use inside closed home.  

Completely with you on that. Some of the nastiest poisons are from plants Curare and belladonna to name just 2