Am i dead or is this for real!??

14 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

... yeah mate, you're probably dead ... your moniker suggests you should know better anyway ... 

Ever heard of irony??Guess not...I believe that most members would see that? You know even if i am not a "super member"on this particular site doesnt mean that i am a "newbie" to this world or Thailand!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It has to be 6 pm somewhere in the world.

I thought 5pm was the time to start drinking, man have I been wrong all these years.  I thought there was a song called It's 5 o'clock somewhere by Alan Jackson.....

2 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

... yeah, lol, that one goes straight back dude, hilarious ... :cheesy: ... keep 'em coming, you're funny ...

i will have to give you credit for that one i guess!?I can come up with a lot of excuses but i think i rather stay funny!(For the time being that is)Smalltalk and general chitchat is not my force me thinks?????????????

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Besserwisser said:

I have a new regime at home:Clausthaler alcohol free beer and my homemade wine at about 15 proof!I always brag about the Clausthaler though and not the wine!hehe

... 15 volproc is nice, how long do you have it fermenting to get that?

Edited by jollyhangmon

I for one, feel very lucky that I am here in Thailand and not my home country UK.

None of us have ever been through something like this so bordem is making me climb the walls. Restrictions could be eased at the end of the month so look forward to that.

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

For me, feeling more scared of contracting this virus and unsure of the future now. 

Have watched too many movies and TV shows based on pandemics or even zombie related (World War Z)  to think something like CV would never happen.

There are a lot of old photos on youtube , the series ' old rare photos ' comes to mind.  Many show people wearing masks to do with past pandemics. A lot though ( as up here ) are to do with filthy air.  

5 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

where did you get that number? I never got one? 

Like at the bank? Sometimes I walk right past the push button machine... 

it was printed out the day you were born, and your day of demise was entered into the good book.....at least that's what I was told, but I can not find that number either...so it is anybody's guess...when you go you go....

16 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

... 15 volproc is nice, how long do you have it fermenting to get that?

Hello, i like to let it run for about 20 days from the start of fermentation,also i use an oechsle weight to measure the sugar content before putting in the yeast and nutrition.I like to start when the weight shows about 70 oechsle.I normally use something called "supergjær"and it will tacle proof up to around 16 to 17,not sure 100%.Anyway i let it run for 3 or four days and then i add from 1 to 2 kilos of sugar,all depending on the oechsle reading.(Important to keep the oecsle weigt under 80 when you start,otherwise the yeast have a hard time starting the the fermentation.Also superimportant to keep the celsius under 35 c,because most types of yeast will "die"if the temperature is to high!(I know there are yeasts that can tacle higher temperatures,but here in scandivavia that is not an issue!hehe)But If you are in Thailand this is crucial to know!As i like my wines super dry,i like to get an minus 10 to 15 on the oecshle weigt.it is pretty easy to calculate proof if you measured the sugar content before and after its finished.Also if you shake the balloon or whatever you use a little bit when its fermenting, it will be finished a few days earlier.Me myself however dont like this because it tastes much better if you leave it alone till the fermentation is finished.However after after fermentation is complete it is important(After you put on stabilisers to stop the processess)to shake the balloon several times a day to get rid of CO2 in the wine!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

where did you get that number? I never got one? 

Like at the bank? Sometimes I walk right past the push button machine... 

Sometimes when visiting immigration, you get 2 lol.

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

The answer is Frosties.

It is always Frosties.

You are welcome.

Thank-you!!  As soon as I read your words, my head cleared and I felt uplifted.  Now I can hold my head up and shout "Frosties, Frosties, stuff the Cornflakes!"  ????

Update:  Bad news. The only supermarket in my town doesn't sell yeast......

Edited by simon43

On 4/16/2020 at 7:00 AM, Besserwisser said:

Hello, i like to let it run for about 20 days from the start of fermentation,also i use an oechsle weight to measure the sugar content before putting in the yeast and nutrition.I like to start when the weight shows about 70 oechsle.I normally use something called "supergjær"and it will tacle proof up to around 16 to 17,not sure 100%.Anyway i let it run for 3 or four days and then i add from 1 to 2 kilos of sugar,all depending on the oechsle reading.(Important to keep the oecsle weigt under 80 when you start,otherwise the yeast have a hard time starting the the fermentation.Also superimportant to keep the celsius under 35 c,because most types of yeast will "die"if the temperature is to high!(I know there are yeasts that can tacle higher temperatures,but here in scandivavia that is not an issue!hehe)But If you are in Thailand this is crucial to know!As i like my wines super dry,i like to get an minus 10 to 15 on the oecshle weigt.it is pretty easy to calculate proof if you measured the sugar content before and after its finished.Also if you shake the balloon or whatever you use a little bit when its fermenting, it will be finished a few days earlier.Me myself however dont like this because it tastes much better if you leave it alone till the fermentation is finished.However after after fermentation is complete it is important(After you put on stabilisers to stop the processess)to shake the balloon several times a day to get rid of CO2 in the wine!

I think if i self monitor for the the few last days, maybe my brew is more than 15% proof!Something is seriously weird in the concotion me thinks!????????

On 4/16/2020 at 8:19 AM, Besserwisser said:

I sometimes struggle with the thought of all this and have thoughts about the reality of it all!??

Some days are all Mondays
Sort of time on ice
It seems like jet planes on snowed in runways under clear blue skies
Who needs it?

Nothing is real but the girl
Nothing is real but her

On 4/16/2020 at 1:19 PM, Besserwisser said:

Sometimes i wonder if this is all real or if someone is seriously taking the p...on me!? I sometimes struggle with the thought of all this and have thoughts about the reality of it all!?

I still wonder if this is a great cosmic joke on me. Nobody in my area has become infected, and it's all just on the radio ( I don't watch tv ). I have absolutely no way of knowing if it's real or just some horrible experiment to see how sheeple we are.

That Jim Carrey movie comes to mind- the one where he played a character in a tv reality show without knowing he was in a tv show and was inside a big dome he couldn't escape from.

At the moment it's like a nightmare where lockdown keeps getting extended and I'm never going to have a normal life again.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I still wonder if this is a great cosmic joke on me. Nobody in my area has become infected, and it's all just on the radio ( I don't watch tv ). I have absolutely no way of knowing if it's real or just some horrible experiment to see how sheeple we are.

That Jim Carrey movie comes to mind- the one where he played a character in a tv reality show without knowing he was in a tv show and was inside a big dome he couldn't escape from.

At the moment it's like a nightmare where lockdown keeps getting extended and I'm never going to have a normal life again.

> The Truman Show - great movie with Jim Carrey in a serious role.

• Like 1