Thai provinces extend ban on alcohol sales

webfact

50 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Fake Bailey's ........

1 teaspoon red cup coffee, 2 teaspoons Milo 3 in 1, fill to 1/2 cup with hot water.

Add 3 teaspoons sweetened condensed milk and 80ml Hong Thong rum (or or SangSom or whiskey), throw in blender with ice, whizz until smooth.

Serve over ice, best drunk quickly while it's still smooth and frothy (usually not a problem).

And a dash of Vanilla Essence

Some of you people I can see are just out to bitch about your pet (alcohol) being banned

because all of a sudden you are actually affected.

They are trying to save lives (possibly yours) & you bitch & grizzle.

I will say it again ,,,,,We are all governed by the lowest common denominator in a society

If you can't work that out then you must be underage or stupid & should not be drinking anyway

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, fourpack said:

If this so called By you Childish ban saves one person from getting Covid-19 . Then it's achieved its aim

No its not 

Everyone have to get coronavirus or at least a lot. 

If alcohol means so much to them ban it for a while

but it have nothing to do with the virus. 

don't know what I personally think about it. 

Have 2 side, you could restrict on it  other side you can not 

As nobody can control that 

Thai governments can 80%control open or close. 

Same as the phuket districts closure 80%. 

This ideas are generally not well thought through.

its hard when they imploy governors who have same level of education as 12 year student. 

Or at least it seems like that 

the people in the government for the moment doesn't improve that image. 

And it start getting frustrating nobody realise 80% of this ordeal we go through is not connected to corona. 

Sadly its mostly connected to imagination which doesn't do us any good. 

It's a virus only special is the way it infect. 

Keep distance, wear face mask, clean hands and what you use, don't get in big crowds where distance is impossible. 

All the rest missed the target little or far. 

The shut downs where ment for getting the hospitals number in line with hospitals limit. 

A personal wiew.

not even that ever been necessary. 

The death rate depends how well you isolate yourself frem elderly people. Not in your house its insane. 

But this is the most danger from this virus the imagination. 

It's scare all of us. 

But must get on, no matter scared. 

What to do with a tourist destination with only 2000 cases and no immunity. 3 million visitors. 

You can all think what you want but that dose not sound ideal. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bkkgriz said:

Please explain how banning alcohol prevents people from getting the Wuhan Flu? 
It reduces the amount of people drinking and therefore gathering in groups. Of course it is not the ONLY thing that will help. However, any help right now to reduce or even eliminate Covid-19 the better. 

in a nutshell, temporary strict measures will get things back to normal a lot sooner. 

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Are there any other countries in the world (excluding fully dry countries) that are imposing these childish bans on their population? 

They really do treat the masses like complete plebs. 

I believe South Africa also have had a total ban on alcohol since the end of March. They have also banned the sale of cigarettes during this period. It’s going to be really tough for some. 

• Sad 1

Just now, RandomActofKindness said:

I believe South Africa also have had a total ban on alcohol since the end of March. They have also banned the sale of cigarettes during this period. It’s going to be really tough for some. 

But certainly a great time to kick those  habits, and  also a  great way reduce the number of people going into hospital with alcohol related sicknesses and injuries.  Right now, hospitals across the world need those beds for people who are infected with covid-19. So gotta say, there is some sense in what they are doing

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Are there any other countries in the world (excluding fully dry countries) that are imposing these childish bans on their population? 

Yip, South Africa. And there is a ban on cigarettes too!

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

But certainly a great time to kick those  habits, and  also a  great way reduce the number of people going into hospital with alcohol related sicknesses and injuries.  Right now, hospitals across the world need those beds for people who are infected with covid-19. So gotta say, there is some sense in what they are doing

In BKK it was the 3rd day of the ban and hospitals had to open up for people with Alcohol Withdrawal ... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

They have talked about opening Golf Courses in Chonburi and BKK so it is really just a matter of priorities.  They also want Salon's open ... presumably a push from the wives.

But, keep the rest of the people with no alcohol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Cant even get <deleted> faced during lockdown in my own home. Because the original ban in my province was until the 15th. So i didnt stockpile like i should.

To make you feel better we will all give you the clap at 0800pm this evening.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BobbyL said:

South Africa started the same nonsense a few days ago