What happens on (or after) the 30th?

I know the general consensus is there will be an extension on the emergency decree, but let's say it is lifted on the 30th. Was there any leeway period given for leaving/extensions or is there going to be a mass group of individuals on overstay?

My permission to stay ends on the 22nd. Thoughts on going in for a 60 day extension?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

60-day extension?  Is there such a thing as this on a tourist permit?

A 60-day extension is given to "visit Thai family" - can be obtained from any existing permitted-stay (tourist, work, etc).  If you have a Thai-citizen wife or child, AND they can go with you to immigration, AND you can jump any office-specific hoops (landlord-docs, at some offices), AND you have not used a 60-day extension since you last entered Thailand on a new permitted-stay (re-entry permit doesn't count) - then you can get one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

A 60-day extension is given to "visit Thai family" - can be obtained from any existing permitted-stay (tourist, work, etc).  If you have a Thai-citizen wife or child, AND they can go with you to immigration, AND you can jump any office-specific hoops (landlord-docs, at some offices), AND you have not used a 60-day extension since you last entered Thailand on a new permitted-stay (re-entry permit doesn't count) - then you can get one.

So many hoops. At least there's a path to it. ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They will not just end the emergency extensions on the 30th or later when it is extended. They will set a date to leave the country by or apply for an extension if you qualify for one.

I have been trying to clarify this but with no real certainty.

I am on a visa exempt which expires april 20, this coming monday. I have not used my 30 day extension.

I have spoken to 2 different immigration representatives on the 1111 government line both today and yesterday who have told me that I will be able to utilize the 30 day extension once the automatic extension is lifted.

I have not been able to reach anyone contacting the chaeng wattana immigration  number, my latest attempt placed me on hold for 20 minutes.

Can anyone confirm that the 30 day extension for visa exempt entry will be honoured after the automatic extensions have lapsed?

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They will not just end the emergency extensions on the 30th or later when it is extended. They will set a date to leave the country by or apply for an extension if you qualify for one.

They will actually extend for 1 month but open airports and border earlier, during May, to allow people to get proper visa before the end of the second 30 days coronavirus extension.

7 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

They will actually extend for 1 month but open airports and border earlier, during May, to allow people to get proper visa before the end of the second 30 days coronavirus extension.

"They will actually extend for 1 month"

Do you have any inside information that we haven't? 

They will probably extend it 1 month is more correct, not actually. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

Yes the amnesty will be extended.

Opening borders land and airports is not just flick of switch. Also it has two sides. It requires the "other" countries to do same.

Opening up borders that in many cases requires visa to entry other countries will be complex. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gamesgplayemail said:

This is reasonable - logical and fair. Thirty days automatic extension (no further conditions attached) once airports and airlines resume normal (or nearly normal) operations sounds fine to me. But the previous immigration practices here (in the context of the emergency and C19 response) do not leave room for optimism that this will be done so. I wish I was wrong...But let's wait and see...

16 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

I have applied for ed visa but my tourist visa will expires on 1th of may. Do you think immigration will help me to change my visa type from tourist to ed?.

Have you applied for a 30 day extension of the 60 day entry your visa allowed? You must have at least 15 days remaining on your entry or extension of it to apply for the visa at immigration.

Whether you can apply for a change of visa status to get a non immigrant visa depends upon what type of school you are attending.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

How?

Do you think the border crossing to neighboring countries will be open? Will flights to nearby by countries be available? Will there be enough flights out on the first or later for people to leave?

lost me there ubonjoe

2 minutes ago, Tim777123 said:

Hi guys, my visa is expiring at 20th of April, according to the visa relief which was announced at 7th of April,it will be extended till 30th April, right? Or should I go to immigration center on 20th of March? 

No need to go to immigration to apply for an extension. At this time your permit to stay is good until the 30th but it will be certainly extended beyond that day.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No need to go to immigration to apply for an extension. At this time your permit to stay is good until the 30th but it will be certainly extended beyond that day.

Thank you for your answer!There is gonna be another announcement about visa relief and extend till 30th, right? 

(Sorry about the similar topic, I've created that one before your answered to me)

Thank you! 

• Like 1

Just now, Tim777123 said:

Thank you for your answer!There is gonna be another announcement about visa relief and extend till 30th, right? 

(Sorry about the similar topic, I've created that one before your answered to me)

Thank you! 

Yes there will be an announcement. It's an anxious time for guys in your boat but rest assured it will come. Might even be within last week of April. Ever watched a cat play with a mouse.

• Like 2