What happens on (or after) the 30th?

7 minutes ago, Tim777123 said:

Thank you for your answer!There is gonna be another announcement about visa relief and extend till 30th, right? 

Today you are good until the 30th. Before the 30th there will be another date set.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Today you are good until the 30th. Before the 30th there will be another date set.

I won't bank on there will be another visa amnesty before April 30th.  For starters,  everything here moves slowing: Thais are not in a hurry to do anything.  Also, they did not announce last amnesty for after March 26 people until April 7.  Most were expecting the April 30 amnesty to be announced before March 30 to actually give people 30 days time.  But we know what happened.  I think they may do the same this time.  It will be later for a few days.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JohnBZ said:

I won't bank on there will be another visa amnesty before April 30th.

It will be based upon the emergency decree being extended and that will certainly happen.

There is no way they will just end it end on the 30th.

You cannot blame immigration in the delay of getting the "amnesty" done. It was bureaucrats and politicians that dragged their feet.

• Like 2

It is possible that Immigration, looking bad enough in the world-press due to their previous actions ("under consideration 2x-group-gathering extensions, "bring your landlord," etc), will "do the right thing" moving forward.  But, I would not bet more on it than one could afford to lose (same as bringing cash-money here).

"Something" will happen - but who knows what or when.  Thais don't even know if they will get another 5K baht next month, yet (the fraction who "qualify" for it), while continuing to be prohibited (possibly?) from working their jobs.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It will be based upon the emergency decree being extended and that will certainly happen.

There is no way they will just end it end on the 30th.

You cannot blame immigration in the delay of getting the "amnesty" done. It was bureaucrats and politicians that dragged their feet.

You cannot blame immigration in the delay of getting the "amnesty" done. It was bureaucrats and politicians that dragged their feet.......As Per NORMAL Then Joe ??

Can only see huge and long term trouble ahead with near by countries opening at the same time being limited, as well the limited applicants processed daily.
Assuming like 100K people need to leave around the same timeframe, even with 30 days to leave, still 3,330 people daily left at embassies at like 5-7 locations.
While they most likely (can) only do a few hundred daily at most locations.

I will just wait as long as possible, do my second border run of 30 days and extend that one to get out of the masses.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Now my TR visa finished at 20 april, and i can go tomorrow and get another extension  30 days at immigration for 1900 thb.
But as i understood no need to go now? i should get automatic extension up to 30 April?
And then what should happened? Should i go on 30 april and still can get this 30 days for that TR visa? 

6 hours ago, Faeton said:

Now my TR visa finished at 20 april, and i can go tomorrow and get another extension  30 days at immigration for 1900 thb.
But as i understood no need to go now? i should get automatic extension up to 30 April?
And then what should happened? Should i go on 30 april and still can get this 30 days for that TR visa? 

The amnesty will be extended. Most likely for all May.

Wait for announcement.

17 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Can only see huge and long term trouble ahead with near by countries opening at the same time being limited, as well the limited applicants processed daily.
Assuming like 100K people need to leave around the same timeframe, even with 30 days to leave, still 3,330 people daily left at embassies at like 5-7 locations.
While they most likely (can) only do a few hundred daily at most locations.

I will just wait as long as possible, do my second border run of 30 days and extend that one to get out of the masses.

You raise a valid point. I have done likewise in this thread and others. Many think that at some point it will be open up borders and business as usual. Nothing could be further from the truth. It may be a slow process with countries opening at various stages. I think  the border with Malaysia has opened up for repatriation of Thai nationals. I believe there are something like over 3000 and they are allowing only couple hundred per day. 

What additional docs will be required if any for non Thai in future. Things like border bounce etc etc. It might not be the simple "exit-reenter".

This won't be an off/on light switch.

Some countries, Vietnam springs to mind, may review their 15 day visa exempt policy for time being. As for Thailand don't rule out temporary review of their requirements for entry.

May 1st is Labour Day which means NON-Labour Day.

May 4th = King's Coronation Day = holiday.

May 6th = Visakha Bucha Day = holiday.

May 13th = Royal Ploughing Day = holiday.

Finding an Immigration office open will be problematic assuming I can get through Pattaya police's lock-out measures.

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

May 1st is Labour Day which means NON-Labour Day.

May 4th = King's Coronation Day = holiday.

May 6th = Visakha Bucha Day = holiday.

May 13th = Royal Ploughing Day = holiday.

Finding an Immigration office open will be problematic assuming I can get through Pattaya police's lock-out measures.

Let us wait and see... the lockout seems unnecessary considering the infection numbers, and I hope it will end by 1st.