90 Day In-Person Report Update

Yesterday I was at Chaengwattana to pay a 2,000 baht fine for a late 90 Day report, my first fine in 9 years of doing these 90 Day reports. (BTW this is a good time to go to Chaengwattana if you have any reason to go there in the next 30-45 days, as it's almost empty due to the tourist visa extension that is due to expire April 30). 

Paying the fine, the Immigration officer offered me a paper with instructions on how to do the 90 day report online. He was promoting the online portal as the most efficient way to do the report. When I questioned him that many ex-pats have had problems with the online process, he admitted: sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When I replied, well if I try to do it online and it doesn't work, then I can just mail in the T47, right? And he surprised me by saying: no, it will take up to 7 days to find out if you are approved or not online, and if not approved by then it is too late to mail in the form...so you must come in person to file the report.

So it seems that by having a website that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, Immigration is setting up ex-pats for either 1) an unplanned visit to their Immigration office, or worse 2) paying the 2,000 baht fine for being late. I don't think this is their intention but it seems to be how things actually are working at present. Does anyone have any thoughts and/or anecdotes that could further clarify this conundrum?

Is it worth taking a risk to try online reporting? Or is it safer to stick to doing it by registered mail? I think if the EMS receipt shows that you mailed in the report during the correct 15 to 7 days window before your 90 Day Stamp, then Immigration will honor this as being OK? Or am I wrong there also?

All replies welcome. 

3 years running..website works for my reporting no issues. Sometimes the site is down but usually rectified in a few hours. The failure usually is people not inputting all information or missing the check boxes required.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, doctormann said:

Maybe I've got this wrong but isn't 90-day reportiing suspended until at least 30 April?

Why did the OP get fined?

Quite correct. Why was the O/P even doing a 90 day report.

https://immigration.go.th/content/visa_auto_extension?fbclid=IwAR0-XzTdt06ZBFo1SeK0g1k15cUIjc5fUSQ3YUG97ZZjXwY6WDO3pmhnbzE

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, doctormann said:

Maybe I've got this wrong but isn't 90-day reporting suspended until at least 30 April?

Why did the OP get fined?

Yes, it is suspended as part of the amnesty announced till at least 30 April.

OP was most probably already over-due for his 90-day reporting before the amnesty announcement was made.  Since the number of days your are over-due does not matter, the fine of 2.000 THB for not reporting in time always being same, OP did probably choose a moment to regularize the situation which was convenient for him.

Edited by Peter Denis

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, it is suspended as part of the amnesty announced till at least 30 April.

OP was most probably already over-due for his 90-day reporting before the amnesty announcement was made.  Since the number of days your are over-due does not matter, the fine of 2.000 THB for not reporting in time always being same, OP did probably choose a moment to regularize the situation which was convenient for him.

Ah good point. 

16 hours ago, NavaJauvana said:

When I replied, well if I try to do it online and it doesn't work, then I can just mail in the T47, right? And he surprised me by saying: no, it will take up to 7 days to find out if you are approved or not online, and if not approved by then it is too late to mail in the form...so you must come in person to file the report.

The response he got that it takes up to 7 days to find out if your on-line notification has been approved, may be correct for CW but at other IOs the approval is often same day (e.g. my IO in SiSaKet - response by e-mail 'approved' within 4 hours of submission). 

21 hours ago, NavaJauvana said:

Or is it safer to stick to doing it by registered mail? I think if the EMS receipt shows that you mailed in the report during the correct 15 to 7 days window before your 90 Day Stamp, then Immigration will honor this as being OK? Or am I wrong there also?

That is the best way to do it, you are not wrong.

5 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

A trouble-shooting guide when encountering problems trying to do your 90-day reporting on-line.

Excellent. Thank you.

5 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

1 - You have not left Thailand for years, and so your old TM-6 arrival/departure card is not in the IO system;

Always considered this one to be strange. We do have to provide TM.6 details each year on our TM.7, so Immigration should have a TM.6 on file for us?

6 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

2 - You have a new passport and did not re-enter Thailand since you have that new passport;

Again, Immigration has the details of our "new" passport, at least after transferring stamps, or after an extension renewal.

But I'll stipulate that the system has its quirks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

The response he got that it takes up to 7 days to find out if your on-line notification has been approved, may be correct for CW but at other IOs the approval is often same day (e.g. my IO in SiSaKet - response by e-mail 'approved' within 4 hours of submission). 

I've done my 90-day report online for the last three times since travelling in-out of the country in 2018. Once I got my visa expiry date wrong and I had an email the next day advising me of this. When I corrected it and the other two times. the approval came the next day.

BTW It was CW as I live in Bangkok.

So my suggestion is that if one is dealing with CW and you try the online method early (15 days before due date) and hear nothing for a day or so, file another application by mail just in case.

• Thanks 1

I did 90 day online report a couple of days ago. First I tried on phone, and could not get it to work as they added a lat long requirement to report location, and everytime I pressed button it would shut down App on my android.

So I fell back to usual method on laptop that has no lat long requirement and worked easy as pie using chrome browser.

Approved less than an hour later.

Edited by WalkingOrders
punctuation
  • Like 1

I've read all the online troubleshooting guides for the online 90 day report, and have been trying to do it on various devices at home, including a desktop PC (AMD), a laptop (Intel), an IPad, an android phone and an IPhone. Have also tried using different wifi networks (tried a coffee shop about 10km away and at a friends house).

I have tried chrome, edge, opera, safari, firefox and vivaldi. I have been doing it in the correct time period. I have tried all possible combinations of inputting the data, doing only the starred bits, doing all of it, using the dropdown menus, not using the dropdown menus, using Western year vs Thai year, everything I could possibly think of, in all possible combinations and permutations. Have tried leaving (the computers) for a few days and coming back and trying again. Tried for both my first and second reports with always the same results.

All in all, I estimate about 60-70 attempts, and have never gotten past the "go to your local office" bit - which is a massive shame because it's a 100km drive from our house to the Ubon office.

I can only assume that in my case something from my passport was entered slightly incorrectly by immigration, which is why when I enter the real info it doesn't recognise it. I reckon that's probably a pretty good reason why it just never works for some people, unless you make the same error when inputting the data that the IO made, you're never going to make it work.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Have tried leaving for a few days and coming back.

Wow, you must be totally fed up with the on-line 90-day reporting system!

Just for clarification > did you exit Thailand and return with a new TM-6?

If that did not work then - as you write - the only possible explanation I can see is that there must be something wrong with how your passport details are entered in the system.

Other possibility is that your local IO is one of the few offices that does not process on-line 90-day reports, but if it is Ubon Ratchathani IO I doubt that would be the case.

4 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

If that did not work then - as you write - the only possible explanation I can see is that there must be something wrong with how your passport details are entered in the system.

Yes, either some of my info was entered incorrectly initially, effectively barring me from ever getting the online system to work, or the system is a steaming pile of **** and just doesn't work. Possibly even both?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Excellent. Thank you.

Always considered this one to be strange. We do have to provide TM.6 details each year on our TM.7, so Immigration should have a TM.6 on file for us?

Again, Immigration has the details of our "new" passport, at least after transferring stamps, or after an extension renewal.

But I'll stipulate that the system has its quirks.

As part of my 90-day report that I mail in I include a copy of my 7-year old TM.6. So it's known by IO but I have never left Thailand in that time. Inability of immigration to accept this TM.6 for online 90-Day report goes beyond "quirky."

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NavaJauvana said:

if I try to do it online and it doesn't work, then I can just mail in the T47, right? And he surprised me by saying: no, it will take up to 7 days to find out if you are approved or not online,

That's not my experience. I always do the online method on day#1 of the window, did it earlier this week and got approved in under 3 hours. It could have been rejected, or more likely delayed in approved up to a week but that has never happened to me, most I have waited is 2 days. I would simply have registered mailed it again anyway if it looked like being late before even knowing and saved a trip to CW. Been doing it that way for years. Only get to go to CW once a year TF.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

As part of my 90-day report that I mail in I include a copy of my 7-year old TM.6. So it's known by IO but I have never left Thailand in that time. Inability of immigration to accept this TM.6 for online 90-Day report goes beyond "quirky."

The problem is that the database the online reporting systems check to confirm the info you entered is created from entries to the country. It is not possible for a immigration office to change the info in it.

I have no record in the database that was created in 2013 since my entry to the country was long before then and now have a new passport.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Kildonan said:

I tried yesterday, correctly input all the answers, got reply, "Visit your nearest Immigration office"! 

I had the same problem and then realized 24 hours later that I made a mistake when I typed in an O instead of a zero for the number on my TM 6 departure card. Hence, it was A zero instead of A and the letter O. Anyway, once I made that correction my online report was accepted and then approved a few days later.

9 minutes ago, Black arab said:

Tried online, got the report to io  so called them to clarify if they would like me to report 20th and they said yes come on down so monday i will, no mention of no need to come until 30th.

You do not have to do the report. Nobody knows when you will need to do a report.

Mine was due today. It will certainly not be done on Monday. It can wait until they announce when they need to be done.

I think they might just say to do a report 90 days from when your skipped report was due.

11 hours ago, Kildonan said:

I tried yesterday, correctly input all the answers, got reply, "Visit your nearest Immigration office"! 

Did you fill in everything incl. the fields without the * ? 

Only fill in the fields with the *

1 hour ago, Black arab said:

Tried online, got the report to io  so called them to clarify if they would like me to report 20th and they said yes come on down so monday i will, no mention of no need to come until 30th.

How is it possible to miss the announcement from immigration that 90 days reports are cancelled until further notice? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not have to do the report. Nobody knows when you will need to do a report.

Mine was due today. It will certainly not be done on Monday. It can wait until they announce when they need to be done.

I think they might just say to do a report 90 days from when your skipped report was due.

Yah, but there is good reason to do it now if you can. 
1. It's quiet now.
2. When they announce that all those who've missed 90 day reporting should now come to IM, it'll be chaos. There'll be a huge backlog, IM will probably say we all have to do it within [nn] days of the announcement (where nn is some ridiculously small number like 3 or 7) or get fined for being late. So there'll be queues out the door and hours of misery waiting.

Mine is actually due today, but I'm not going to follow my own advice only because as soon as it's safe to do so I'm leaving Thailand (after nearly two decades here) for good. Last year's debacle on reporting overnight stays away from home was the last straw. Made a plan to get out then, and it was only interrupted because of Corona. I don't plan on  visiting IM ever again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

A trouble-shooting guide when encountering problems trying to do your 90-day reporting on-line.

= = = = =

Link to access the 90-day on-line reporting site:

> https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do
The website also allows you to download a very comprehensive Guideline document on how to file your 90-day report on-line.  The Guideline is mostly in thai (with some english pages too) and contains screen-shots of all the steps and possible options.  But actually you do not need it, as the website - in contrast with the TM30 one - is really easy to use.

The link for the mobile app is here:

> https://www.immigration.go.th/content/tm47_mobile_service

You can also file your 90-day reports by mail.

> https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

Use the address of you local immigration office if not in Bangkok.

= = = = =

TROUBLE-SHOOTING
> Stuck at Opening Page

You have to scroll the center window with the Terms&Conditions text to the very bottom, and then click the '*I have read and fully understand the above terms and conditions and agree to accept them' button.
It's only after having done the above, that clicking the 'Accept' button will open next page on the website.

> Error-message

There are several possible reasons why the error message --For further information regarding The 90 days report service, please contact the immigration branch office in your residence area-- might appear:

0 - There are some local Immigration Offices that do not accept 90-day reports on-line > check with your local IO or enquire on the Forum

1 - You have not left Thailand for years, and so your old TM-6 arrival/departure card is not in the IO system;

2 - You have a new passport and did not re-enter Thailand since you have that new passport;

3 - You are inputting incorrect data (check O-0 and I-i) or inputted manually where an input from a drop-down box is indicated (e.g. the date of arrival needs to be inputted using the drop-down calendar box);

4 - Your browser or configuration is not fit for the 'picky' IO-software > try using a different browser or doing the report on a different PC (e.g. from a friend or an internet store);

5 - Your internet-address is not recognized (e.g. and AOL.com address) > if so use another e-mail address, e.g. a gmail-account;

6 - The IO servers are too busy on the moment you want to access/upload  > try again later.

7 - You are using a Mac-computer, and so you need to set-up the web browser to work, the process is described in the official User Guide for Notification 90 day (which can be downloaded from the opening page of the 90-day website)

And of course

8 - The notification has to be done in the period from 15 days BEFORE the 90-day report due date till the actual due date.
> Otherwise you will get the 'Visit your immigration office' message.
It's recommended to mark that period in your calendar for your next 90-day report, as it will save you a trip to IO (in case you are too late, there is a 7-day 'grace' period after the due date for reporting in person at your local IO).

There are at least 1 or 2 possible reasons for the error message:

If entering Thailand with a new passport obtained in your home country, then you have to do the first report in person. 

The first time I did the report online,I entered data in every field,even the ones without the *. 

It didn't work. After a while I only entered data in the fields with the * and it suddenly worked. Strange,but true. Maybe that issue is solved.