Thailand reports 33 new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

rooster59

Thailand reports 33 new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

2020-04-18T045914Z_1_LYNXMPEG3H04R_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A woman wears a protective face mask while commuting by boat, at the Chao Phraya river during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, in Bangkok, Thailand, April 15, 2020. REUTERS/Jorge Silva

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand reports 33 new coronavirus infections, bringing the nation's total to 2,733 cases, a senior official said on Saturday.

Eleven of the new cases were in Bangkok and had a history of going to public areas, said Taweesin Wisanuyothin, a spokesman for the government's Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration.

No new deaths were reported and 1,787 people have recovered, he said.

Thailand has reported 47 fatalities since the outbreak escalated in January.

(Reporting by Chayut Setboonsarng. Editing by Gerry Doyle)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-04-18

50 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I think across the world it's just a case of living with the waves and the risk of catching it, life must go on otherwise countries will go bankrupt

I totally agree, but the numerous TV members who have become Covid 19 experts overnight will disagree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday's interview gave a couple of hidden details. A test costs about 2000 baht, and about 1-2/1000 produce a positive result. That'd be about 33000 tests done at the price of 66M baht, at minimum?

Sounds a bit wonky to me.

Otherwise, insert my daily Gimme Numbers here. Add to that "How much of the assigned test budget is left?"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Hockeybik said:

"Eleven of the new cases were in Bangkok and had a history of going to public areas..." What does that mean? "Public areas"? Like what? Where? Markets? BTS? On the street?

A Thai boxing stadium in Lumpini and a certain pub complex, perhaps?

Edited by Guderian

5 minutes ago, Hockeybik said:

"Eleven of the new cases were in Bangkok and had a history of going to public areas..." What does that mean? "Public areas"? Like what? Where? Markets? BTS? On the street?

Given the restrictive PUI admission criteria, it's likely from one of the clusters.

24 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Yesterday's interview gave a couple of hidden details. A test costs about 2000 baht, and about 1-2/1000 produce a positive result. That'd be about 33000 tests done at the price of 66M baht, at minimum?

Sounds a bit wonky to me.

Otherwise, insert my daily Gimme Numbers here. Add to that "How much of the assigned test budget is left?"

I noticed he seem to swallowed/gulped and seemed a bit uncomfortable on the awkward questions.I have suspicions about the whole truth and nothing but the truth aspect of the interview.  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I noticed he seem to swallowed/gulped and seemed a bit uncomfortable on the awkward questions.I have suspicions about the whole truth and nothing but the truth aspect of the interview.  

Yeah. It seem FCCT has uploaded the interview into facebook, for those that missed it. @FCCThai in twitter.

Nation, ahem ... where's the news thread with video?

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RhysFast said:

I would consider how many young lives this virus has saved. Considering that mostly older people are dying from the virus and cancelling Song Kron probably prevented a couple thousand vehicular deaths alone, I would say that this virus has saved way more lives than lost. I've read that somewhere around 25 thousand people die each year in motor vehicle accidents. You do the numbers.

There are still plenty of cars around where I am actually haven't noticed any difference but lets say 20 lives are save each day and about 28 days of lockdown so the 7-8 days of silly season usually kills about 400 and the other 20 days yields another 400 so maybe about 800 lives which is significant but not in the thousands.There I've done the numbers how'd I do?

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, RhysFast said:

I would consider how many young lives this virus has saved. Considering that mostly older people are dying from the virus and cancelling Song Kron probably prevented a couple thousand vehicular deaths alone, I would say that this virus has saved way more lives than lost. I've read that somewhere around 25 thousand people die each year in motor vehicle accidents. You do the numbers.

One really oddball comment from Dr Plipat was that he mentioned pneumonia cases are actually down from usual, although it was from someone else in his group and he "needed to check".

52 minutes ago, Guderian said:

A Thai boxing stadium in Lumpini and a certain pub complex, perhaps?

Those were closed completely at a minimum of 22 days ago when the emergency decree was enacted, so there should be none from there unless they were in contact with someone who was positive from before the closures went into total effect.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zeamonkey said:

Thats because, in this big cover up all tv posters are on about, they are hiding the corvid cases in the  hospitals secret basement.

Dungeon's, in the Dungeon's, and in the catacombs.....come on really, not everyone dies in the hospital

• Like 1